PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shocked:

Um, wait, WHAT?! Do I read "a brand new song" and "live"?!?!

Can't wait to hear if this is true.

Ironic, though, that the station is called "The Edge" :wink:

Must be the new song called Stuck in a Moment. Oh wait? That's NOT new? It's new to us 25 year olds. And that Stay song is old too? Double drat.

Next hour, new song from the reformed Beatles. Oh, that's just McCartney? Which one was he?

So no new info on that story yet? I don't think it's true. Bono was in England and Irland recently, I don't think he went to Canada to visit a radio station. If he really wants to play a "new song", he can as well do that on Irish radio. I have no idea what's going on, but the story doesn't sound very believable.

Yeah, uhm, can you say Hoax?

IF this were true, people listening to the radio would've heard about it. And it would've generated a much bigger buzz, we'd have the stream downloaded already.

I call bullshit. Let's not waste any more time talking about these attentionwhores.

Oh and for the record, ALL new U2 songs are debuted by Dave Fanning, RTE2 radio Ireland.

yeah, my thinking was "if there aren't any mp3s by this morning, it didn't happen" :D

So no new info on that story yet? I don't think it's true. Bono was in England and Irland recently, I don't think he went to Canada to visit a radio station. If he really wants to play a "new song", he can as well do that on Irish radio. I have no idea what's going on, but the story doesn't sound very believable.

I agree, he gets around alot but it seems a bit too much as I think he might be present at his brother's thingy (posted above) and I believe it is Norman's 60th birthday on Sunday, so there should be some celebrations going on :)

On an entirely different subject, but somehow U2 related, one of the companies involved in building the claw, filed for bankruptcy monday and informed their employees that evening by 'text' :|
It raised quite a bit of commotion around here cus that is not how things should be done..

it is not Stageco but a company making the steel:
U2 stage - Sleurs Industries

Yeah, uhm, can you say Hoax?

IF this were true, people listening to the radio would've heard about it. And it would've generated a much bigger buzz, we'd have the stream downloaded already.

I call bullshit. Let's not waste any more time talking about these attentionwhores.

Oh and for the record, ALL new U2 songs are debuted by Dave Fanning, RTE2 radio Ireland.

yeah, my thinking was "if there aren't any mp3s by this morning, it didn't happen" :D

Yes true, for a new song anyway. :wink: However not TOTALLY impossible for something sorta newish to air on radio than be completely forgotten and ignored. I still to this day cannot find the radio edit of Breathe ANYWHERE that I heard played live. It was different than any version we have, and called U2's new single when it was introduced. :ohmy: Then it vanished forever.....

Yeah, the real Bono would never be able to spell that well. Or refrain from using an excess of exclamation marks. :D

But I guess he'd at least have a profile picture that wasn't taken with a low quality phone cam :lol:

I love Fake Bono on Twitter. He'd say: I love myself, too :wink: Shame he doesn't post more often.

U2 are NOT tweeting. Edge was tweeting during the tour, it was the only official tweet we ever got from a U2 band member. I doubt very much that U2 would ever be tweeting stuff like this. The only person on twitter I trust to tell me something real about Bono's state of mind is Fake Bono :wink:

Back
Top Bottom