PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ali must be a truly tolerant woman if she lets her husband spend the night of their 30th wedding anniversary singing with Herbert Gronemeyer in Germany. And there I was thinking they had a great but private celebration.

The video is from 2007, I was at that show. Bono read all the words from the teleprompter. For someone who does not speak German I'd say he's doing ok. I read an interview with Gronemeyer earlier where he talks about the new album he's doing in English and there's a duet with Bono on it.

I like Gronemeyer I lot but I think he should stick to singing German. His English isn't exactly great.

Who's to say they didn't have a great, private celebration? :shrug: Who's to say she wasn't there and they celebrated after/before/the next day?

*snort* I'm rarely with my husband for our anniversary, or birthdays, or most things and neither of us are famous. I travel a lot for Schutzhund and flyball, almost every weekend whether it's for specialized training or a competition. We can celebrate any time. Considering Bono's vocation and lifestyle I'm sure Ali can handle it.

It makes me wonder a bit because it's a big anniversary for them and Bono's a family person after all. Being on stage with Gronemeyer doesn't sound exactly like a private celebration with family and close friends. As far as I've read, Neil McCormick was also there since he's doing a feature on Herbert and I guess there was some partying involved.

Yeah, I'm also sure Ali can handle it, maybe she was there as well. I haven't seen her with B for quite a while since all the latest pictures suggested he's with different friends and other celebs in the South of France.

:|

LU, i really can't understand why you're jumping to such conclusions and being so judgemental on matters that absolutely do not concern you

also, photos are literally just a snapshot in time - you have absolutely NO idea what the wider context was or who was/wasn't out of shot

:|

also, photos are literally just a snapshot in time - you have absolutely NO idea what the wider context was or who was/wasn't out of shot

Indeed. Let's remember those photos of Bono and Penelope Cruz holding hands, and how they were croppped to obscure the fact that in his other paw was the hand of Helena Christensen, and also that pretty much his entire family was herding along behind them. Quelle scandale!

:shrug: Maybe we're just odd but anniversaries just aren't that big of a deal for my husband and I (or either of our families). I don't know anyone that celebrates a wedding anniversary with family and friends. We usually tell each other no gifts and then I come home from work and find my favorite candies on the counter and maybe a flower if it's one not poisonous to our pets and that's about the extent of it.

Maybe they celebrated before, or after, or maybe not at all. It doesn't matter to me other than I think it's cute seeing new pics of Bono and Ali together.

Maybe they need to go back to work so we have something else to focus on.

I'm hoping that once kids are due back in school that they settle down and go to the studio. It's been a long time since they last worked on music, at least all together in the traditional sense. I wonder if the stuff they worked on gets scrapped...like most U2 albums.

Indeed. Let's remember those photos of Bono and Penelope Cruz holding hands, and how they were croppped to obscure the fact that in his other paw was the hand of Helena Christensen, and also that pretty much his entire family was herding along behind them. Quelle scandale!

Yes indeed. And it's not like Ali was not there at all either cus we saw her in one of the pics..(of france, not Germany) pitty it was only one but I guess, as usual, she likes to stay in the background...

2 days ago Bono was in Portofino (Italy):

Bottigliate all'Hotel Splendido di Portofino - GENOVA OGGI NOTIZIE

Genoa - A furious fight to sit next to Bono, U2's lead singer. It happens to Portofino, at the exclusive Hotel Splendido. According rebuilt, two hotel guests were discussed heatedly for a seat, rapidly moving from words to deeds: one of them would receive a beer bottle to the head to the point of having to take care of the men of the Green Cross of Santa Margherita Ligure .
The wounded man, a Scottish manager of 44 years, has not reported major trauma

So ... Bono didn't get a say in who got to sit next to him? Or was he placing bets on the winner?

That's sick. He even posted about Mrs Evans' death. Playing around with someone else's grief isn't funny at all. As if making people believe you're the real Edge wasn't bad enough.
So, Edge doesn't interact with fans through Twitter, but he does make personal posts on Facebook. Suuuuuuure... :angry:
Wtf. Just wtf :gah:

Well, as long as he didn't imply that Bono supports infanticide.

bonoeatsbabies.gif

PINT SIZED!!!!

OMG! TEARS! I'm dying here. Hysterics. Literally laughin so hard I'm crying.

Well, Bono may be pint sized, but he's CONCENTRATED Triple Strength. One pint of Bono makes 90 millionty gallons of awesome.

It's pretty sad that all the papers can report is that Bono was at Gavin's show. Rather than report about Gavin's show.

Back
Top Bottom