PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one of my favourite actors, of whom I have developed a major crush over the past month. His name is Christopher Eccleston. I like it how he is always either shirtless or taking off his clothes during his films or TV. Oh, and he's a brilliant actor as well. :wink:

Lol I don't find him attractive or especially talented, but each to their own!

do u know if this a new pic?

544714_110782002416004_1627930780_n.jpg

I found it in this facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/luc.macphisto

It seems that Bono was in Dublin today for this ONE event. The weird thing is that nobody talked about it. I'm afraid it's a fake

I love the purple dress :up:

While I think Eve is beautiful, I don't find hair hairstyle and make up here particularly flattering. She's prettier with a more natural style.

Edit: Just watched the interview which is kind of cute. Eve complaining about her parents calling her all the time :lol: I can so relate to that.

But why does she speak in an American accent? :huh:

Yes, but you don't lose your accent and start sounding like an American just because you've lived in America for some time (two years, to be correct, in her case). Usually you don't lose your original accent, unless you're trying to sound like someone else.

I think it's a shame, because the Irish accent is cute and I never understand why people are trying to deny their origins by losing their accent.

And it's probably why her friends are telling her to - and I'm quoting the last line of the above article - ‘Shut up with that American accent. You’re Irish. You better talk like an Irish person.’! :lol: But I agree with you Silvia that purple dress really suits her!! :wink:

I think it's a shame, because the Irish accent is cute and I never understand why people are trying to deny their origins by losing their accent.

Why would you assume they're losing their accent on purpose? Some people's accents shift when they move somewhere else, others' do not, even after years.

I do not, however, have any problem with assuming that Madonna gave herself an affected English accent on purpose. :wink:

Why would you assume they're losing their accent on purpose? Some people's accents shift when they move somewhere else, others' do not, even after years.

I do not, however, have any problem with assuming that Madonna gave herself an affected English accent on purpose. :wink:

yeah seriously, my accent changes dramatically as i drive north up the UK :D

people with a good ear (for music/languages etc.) often do this naturally... sort of like an unconscious adaptation to current surroundings...

When I was a teenager, I had a piano teacher with a heavy southern accent ... by the end of our hour-long lesson, I'd be speaking with a slight bit of twang. :lol:

I'm unable to hide my accent. Sometimes when I'm speaking to certain people, I try to speak accent-free but, to some extent, it still shows. I moved away from home 20 years ago and I go back there twice or three times a year. Still, I haven't lost my accent totally, even though my father thinks I'm not sounding like him anymore. Usually I don't feel like hiding my accent or trying to sound like someone else if I'm talking to people. I don't think having an accent has ever been a burden for me personally or professionally.

I don't assume Eve has changed her accent on purpose. I just find it strange that after 2 years living in NYC she sounds so American. Maybe she is trying to sound like that to get movie roles or something.

Eve reminds me of a brunette Debra Messing a little bit in that clip and photos.
I know she doesn't look exactly like her but she reminds me of her for some reason.

Oh and I don't think it's strange to lose/obtain an accent after living somewhere for 2 years. I pick them up after a few months. I like that she has an American accent, it's her second home now afterall.
Also, I read somewhere that when Andrea Corr was acting and she got the part in The Boys and Girl from County Clare, she had to go to a coach to make her Irish accent heavier. Hell, you can hear in Bono's voice, when he's being interviewed he goes in and out of his Irishness depending on who he is talking to.. that's seems normal to me. :)

To have a role in a film in the US, you HAVE to speak with an american accent. French actress Marion Cotillard, german Diane Kruger and even english Emma Watson have to cultive the Mid-Atlantic English (sometimes called a Transatlantic accent) to work there. It blends American and British without being predominantly either.

Lol I don't find him attractive or especially talented, but each to their own!

Definitely my favorite Doctor, but I don't think he was all that great of an actor either.

I'm sorry about this. It seems that I failed to clarify the exact actor I meant here. Chris Eccleston was the first guy to play the Doctor in the 2005 relaunch of Doctor Who, and only stayed there for one season, not the rather dodgy actor who played the Doctor afterwards and stayed there too long. David Tennant could only manage 2 facial expressions (3 when Catherine Tate joined the cast). I agree, he's rubbish, or at least a poor actor in that role. I've seen him in 2 or 3 drama's since, and I thought that he has much improved. He is classically trained actor as is Matt Smith so I don't understand. I think Matt has the capability to be a better actor than David. I understand he has done some theatre work (nowhere near as much as Chris Eccleston) but even though theatre acting is much much harder than TV or film acting, there are technical differences, and many theatre actors I see on TV fail to make a good impression. They tend to overact. I think this is what put me off watching Doctor Who when David joined. I found him too silly, OTT and failed to live up to the manic yet dark and intense doctor who I loved from the previous series. I also found that Billie Pipper's and John Barrowman's acting went downhill as well. Before the two of them along with the doctor had great chemistry between them.

No, Chris Eccleston was the actor who made an excellent screen debut as the 21 year old with severe learning difficulties and was also the last person to be hanged in the UK, in the film Let Him Have It. He also played the difficult role of a guy who had been adopted and wanted to find his biological parents after he has a son himself, only to find out that his parents had learning difficulties in Flesh and Blood. He won a highly prestigious RTS award for the drama Our Friends In The North. He's also just won an International Emmy for best actor for his role in The Shadow Line. Even John Barrowman said that he was an excellent actor. Watching the first episode of Doctor Who you can see how hard he has to work. Plus, when you see an actor go from joy, fear and rage all in a single scene like he did in one episode, then you know that they are talented. I mean someone like Spielberg is hardly going to headhunt an actor to star in Saving Private Ryan after seeing him in Shallow Grave if he didn't think that they were talented will he? Chris turned the role down but instead he stared and was great in the drama Hillsborough.

I think that Chris may be an even better actor than Sean Penn because not only is Chris a classically trained actor but also Chris has done a lot of theatre. I looked at Sean Penn's profile on the imdb website and it seems that he has never done theatre work. Obviously Sean is a great actor but too act live in the theatre so much harder and many top Hollywood actors couldn't handle the technical demands that theatre requires. Chris started off in the theatre but he said how much harder it is than TV and film because you don't have the luxury of doing several takes. But he started doing more theatre 10 years ago when he played the role of Hamlet, probably one of the hardest roles an actor can do. He's a member of the National Theatre. Saying that he's not talented actor is like saying Pavarotti wasn't a talented singer :lol:

Another thing, just before I watch some telly, I do find Chris Eccleston to be better looking than David Tennant, John Barrowman, Larry and Bono. I think these four are lovely, but ordinary. Chris is tall, slim, has lovely smile and a sexy accent. He has a strong chiseled face and huge blue eyes full of expression.

Cactus Annie said:
I think that Chris may be an even better actor than Sean Penn because not only is Chris a classically trained actor but also Chris has done a lot of theatre.
Seriously? :lmfao:

Cactus Annie said:
Saying that he's not talented actor is like saying Pavarotti wasn't a talented singer :lol:
He was good, but nowhere near as talented as people like Roberto Alagna imo.

Back
Top Bottom