PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On one side she gets, thanks to him, an article in Rolling Stone magazine, for well... nothing... she only made a support act in an old movie now,

Well, to be fair, she's got a supporting role in an upcoming movie with a Big Name Star, so this Rolling Stone thing strikes me more as pre-release publicity for that movie, not for the small things she's done prior.

(But of course, if the role weren't being played by the Spawn of a Rock Star, she'd not likely get the attention.)

^ I agree. Being a big star's child is a two-edged sword. People are likeley to say all the time: Yes, sure, you only got so far because your dad is ..... But I also think that Bono being friends wih Sean Penn was a bit helpful when it came to get here a role in the movie. It's not that Eve was in Hollywood movies before and had a name as a supporting actress. I don't think you land a job like that just because you have a pretty face. I'm sure Bono had a word or two with Sean Penn, but it's ok. Now it's on here to prove she is really willing to work for her own carreer and isn't depending on her father's name.

One last thing, personaly I want to make my own money too! I don't want to live on my parents's, Eve is like everyone else! That's normal!

totally agree!

however - as a "daughter" i'm fiercely independent and get by without parental help, but as a "mother" i want to help my own kids and couldn't imagine not doing so - pah double standards! lol

I got my version of "From the ground up" yesterday and it's an amazing, beautiful book. I didn't have much time to read it in detail because I was on a conference that just ended today and needed some sleep, but the pictures are breathtaking and there is a lot of truly great and interesting insight into the tour, how the whole 360 idea was developed and how the crew worked to make it happen. A lot is written about the band, too, there are also interviews, mostly with Bono, some are really funny and some are touching. As I said, I could only read tiny parts of it, but at one point Bono is talking about the private ritual the band has before they go on stage, they do it for every gig and it's really touching. There is also some talk about Bono's injury and what happend to him (which was kind of hard to read) and what kind of effect it had on the tour, about the infamous Glastonbury performance and a lot of other stuff, but I still have to read most of it.

Has anyone else bought the book yet or are you all waiting for the u2.com special package?

I got my version of "From the ground up" yesterday and it's an amazing, beautiful book. I didn't have much time to read it in detail because I was on a conference that just ended today and needed some sleep, but the pictures are breathtaking and there is a lot of truly great and interesting insight into the tour, how the whole 360 idea was developed and how the crew worked to make it happen. A lot is written about the band, too, there are also interviews, mostly with Bono, some are really funny and some are touching. As I said, I could only read tiny parts of it, but at one point Bono is talking about the private ritual the band has before they go on stage, they do it for every gig and it's really touching. There is also some talk about Bono's injury and what happend to him (which was kind of hard to read) and what kind of effect it had on the tour, about the infamous Glastonbury performance and a lot of other stuff, but I still have to read most of it.

Has anyone else bought the book yet or are you all waiting for the u2.com special package?

where did you buy it?
I hope I will find an italian version of it

I'm really excited to read it, but I'm going to wait for the U2.com gift version. It sounds really good. I enjoy reading behind-the-scenes insight from the band, like U2 by U2.

where did you buy it?
I hope I will find an italian version of it

It's available on Amazon.co.uk. The German version is available on Amazon.de. I don't know if there are any other language versions. I bought the original version and ordered it online via my local book store.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but there's also a short interview with Eve Hewson in this month's (November 2012) issue of Vanity Fair. It's pretty similar to Rolling Stone's article, although I'm pretty sure this came out first.

Love that photo. :love:

FoundersconferenceDublin10-19-2012Bono2DavidMcWilliams.jpg

Sorry if this has already been posted, but there's also a short interview with Eve Hewson in this month's (November 2012) issue of Vanity Fair. It's pretty similar to Rolling Stone's article, although I'm pretty sure this came out first.

Is it online and is there a link to the interview?

interesting quote: “The first time I took Catherine to Bono’s house, she and Michael and Bono took a naked midnight swim.
“While they were treading water, Bono asked her what she did for a living. When she told him she was a journalist, he ducked under the surface, came up spluttering and said: “Well, please write that mine is bigger than Michael’s.”

Bono: We all belong on the cover of ‘Time’, not Enda | U2 Online

Yes, but when I read the article yesterday, there wasn't any talk about Bono swimming naked in there, it was only about Bono commenting on the TIME cover and Irish politics. They have obviously changed it. :ohmy:

I just saw it now, thanks. Though I really don't know if the quoted episode is relevant to the subject of the article :hmm:

Yes, but when I read the article yesterday, there wasn't any talk about Bono swimming naked in there, it was only about Bono commenting on the TIME cover and Irish politics. They have obviously changed it. :ohmy:

I just saw it now, thanks. Though I really don't know if the quoted episode is relevant to the subject of the article :hmm:

Ah I see! Well obviously they realized that adding naked Bono quotes to your article make it much more interesting! :up::wink:

I wonder if and how this will backfire on him, given the fact that the author of the article he's criticising here has actually seen his private parts.

:wink:

Apart from that, yes, it's funny, but totally irrelevant to the subject of the article. Someone must have been bored or had to fill a page and ran out of ideas.

Back
Top Bottom