PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So it was for that project, the rooftop recording. Had a feeling they just didn't want to reveal it ahead of time.

The ONE Agit8 site is pretty cool. You can listen to the songs and learn more about their backgrounds. So far, the U2 version os SBS isn't up, only the cover versions. I wonder if we'll get to see the video they made in NY

ONE presents agit8: Iconic protest songs that have changed the world

Edit:

U2.com has news about the project up.

news on what U2 have covered coming soon.

I wonder if U2 have indeed covered something or if it is just U2.com being incompetent as usual (which I tend to believe).

The big news will be: U2 covered themselves :lol:

Oh :ohmy:

The Clarence is still described as the hotel owned by Bono and Edge in my current Dublin city guide.

Hm, wonder what happened :hmm:

Oh :ohmy:

The Clarence is still described as the hotel owned by Bono and Edge in my current Dublin city guide.

Hm, wonder what happened :hmm:

A woman that works in a local newsagents told me (who knows all about my U2/Bono obsession lol), she said it was in the Irish Times on Saturday.

Not quite sure what happened, but I'm a little disappointed. I booked three days in December in the hope that they'd be there again this year when I'm staying (and that i'd actually have the courage this time to ask Brian if could possibly meet/get my picture taken with Bono) :sad:

image.jpg

From Bono to Bob - People | Popular Stories, Obituaries & More | The Irish Times - Sat, Jun 15, 2013

Hiya Greta! How you doing?! :wave: Thanks for this link! :up: This book makes me wonder, who on earth is it aim at, i.e. who does this Browne think will buy it?! :shrug: I mean, certainly not your avid U2 fan! I can't believe that many U2 fans would be interested in buying a book full of half-truths, speculations and out right lies about the singer of their favourite band!? :huh: Also, I can't see those who are indifferent, or hate, Bono would bother spending their hard earned cash on it and some people won't want to be seen dead bying a book about Bono!! :lol:

Hiya Greta! How you doing?! :wave: Thanks for this link! :up: This book makes me wonder, who on earth is it aim at, i.e. who does this Browne think will buy it?! :shrug: I mean, certainly not your avid U2 fan! I can't believe that many U2 fans would be interested in buying a book full of half-truths, speculations and out right lies about the singer of their favourite band!? :huh: Also, I can't see those who are indifferent, or hate, Bono would bother spending their hard earned cash on it and some people won't want to be seen dead bying a book about Bono!! :lol:
:wave: I could'nt agree more and I'm doing fine thanks ;) and yourself??

What type of jerk writes a book slagging someone and then expects to profit off of it?
A nitwit :D

What type of jerk writes a book slagging someone and then expects to profit off of it?

There are enough people who do that for money and attention. Bono's an easy target. I don't think he's worried about that kind of stuff personally, he knows it comes with fame. Much fame, many enemies. I wouldn't be worried about such a shameful book either, especially since most papers, even in Irish media, that's usually very critical of Bono and U2, have already slammed it. Seems the guy couldn't even bother to get his "facts" right.

Still makes me feel a bit sick and sad for Bono, his family and the band.

Back
Top Bottom