PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would you serenade a buisnessman in the first place, just do that to your wife ?:hmm:

Because they're friends?

It's amazing to me that people are still surprised by this after following Bono's activities for so many years.

oh jeesus, today has been the last straw - i'm off to the Billy Bragg forum :D

Aww, we'll miss you.

I won't post any more links here, given the negativity it causes. When I find something I'll keep it for myself. I'm sure someone else will post the links sooner or later anyway since they are all over social media sites.

Now back to awaiting the new U2 album.

I love to see Bono in these kind of activities, but I'd love to see him so busy to create new music too!!

OH SNAP.

The most shocking revelations in the book are that Bono is a capitalist (gasp!), has a big ego (horrors!), and plays to the camera (YOU DON'T SAY)?

How did that even get published? Sounds like a truly terrible book. I wonder how long it is? I'm going to take a guess and say 250 pages. I wonder how the author feels about having his 250 pages broken apart in 27 paragraphs?

Here's a review of that book that's coming out soon in which the author tries to say that Bono is a corrupt dirtbag, but apparently fails badly at it:

A botched hatchet job on Bono - Independent.ie

Reading this made me feel happy for some reason. :) Maybe it's because an Irish newspaper is defending Bono for once.
hahha, I really enjoyed that :lol:

And yeah, it's not exactly a common thing for people to publicly defend Bono (which, btw, I will never understand--truthfully, I don't even think he has a huge ego), so it was kinda nice to read something like that from the Independent :applaud:

EDIT: After a brief intermission, I finally finished the article--what the heck is wrong w/ this Browne guy?? It seems clear that he made up his mind about Bono before he even began writing, so most of his criticisms just come across like he's taking a square peg of facts and shoving it into his own preconceived round hole (reading that back outloud, and it sounds vaguely dirty :shifty:). I don't think I'll ever understand why people just want to pick a fight, tear someone down, and, apparently at times, intentionally avoid confronting the truth because of what it might do to the "reality" they've so meticulously constructed for themselves ("I don't like you, so obviously whatever you're doing is incongruous to my sense of being"); it's petty, infantile and contributes nothing more to the world than simple bullying.

It's just so infuriating to be given a voice and then using it for malice :down:

Love the end of the article, it's hilarious!

Some real insight into it all that could have made for a great book. But, instead, Browne's book is a diatribe that does Bono a huge favour. Because you finish this book mainly thinking that some of what Bono has done may be imperfect but what the f**k has Browne ever done?

Among other things, Browne sensationally alleges that Bono is a capitalist, that he has a large ego, playing, for example, to the cameras at Live Aid.

:lmao:

These "revelations" are so shocking that I seriously consider turning my back on Bono and U2 forever. :tsk:

Honestly, I wish I had so much time to write a useless book like that.

And I saw similar articles in other Irish media as well, reviewers totally slamming the book. I don't see how this guy thinks anyone could take him seriously with arguments like that. There seems nothing in that book we haven't heard before.

Bono is imperfect, gasp.

If it's that easy to get a book published, then what am I sitting here for? I should be raking in the millions in no time! :hmm:

I shall call my book, History of Bono's Hair, Volume I.

Behind the Follicles - The True Story of Bono's Hair.....

Remember, that 'back emergency' was just a smokescreen for hair plugs.

And that story about how he flew his hat first class .... you know that had something to do with his hair. Something scandalous.

Back
Top Bottom