PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8 - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #406
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:59 AM
Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if they are tired of doing U2 music, you know Larry acting, Bono speeching around and composing with edge, Adam who knows what´s he is doing etc...

I think they have a serious case of procastrination
Um, no. I don't think doing other stuff, side projects and such is a sign of being tired of doing U2 music. I'd say it's the opposite. Doing different things helps you to get a wider perspective of things. That can help you to focus on your work again and/or get new and fresh ideas. It can help you get new inspiration and also see things from a different angle. It's an important learing process. I know many people who work and live that way, including myself, I support it. Bono doing speeches is not a new thing. I am always amazed that people are still surprised by that. That's not a sign of him - or anyone in the band - being tired of the music. In fact, Bono said he loves to come back from campaigning and going into the music again. He is a very complex and multidimensional character, that's one of the things I love about Bono. To me, there is no contradiction between his work as a musician and his work as a campaigner. I still think U2 should release albums faster, but I guess their mindset is different and they don't have to hurry. They don't even have to release anything at this point of their carreer. I'm happy about any new U2 release, in fact, I miss them a lot, but I am not bothered by them doing other things if it helps them to explore different areas and gives them new perspectives. But yes, I understand fans being impatient and I would like to have a new album soon, too, better sooner than later.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #407
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyontheHorizon View Post
Took me 5 minutes to scroll all the way down on my phone but yeah that's great! Hope they win!!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #408
Refugee

Local Time: 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post

Um, no. I don't think doing other stuff, side projects and such is a sign of being tired of doing U2 music. I'd say it's the opposite. Doing different things helps you to get a wider perspective of things. That can help you to focus on your work again and/or get new and fresh ideas. It can help you get new inspiration and also see things from a different angle. It's an important learing process. I know many people who work and live that way, including myself, I support it. Bono doing speeches is not a new thing. I am always amazed that people are still surprised by that. That's not a sign of him - or anyone in the band - being tired of the music. In fact, Bono said he loves to come back from campaigning and going into the music again. He is a very complex and multidimensional character, that's one of the things I love about Bono. To me, there is no contradiction between his work as a musician and his work as a campaigner. I still think U2 should release albums faster, but I guess their mindset is different and they don't have to hurry. They don't even have to release anything at this point of their carreer. I'm happy about any new U2 release, in fact, I miss them a lot, but I am not bothered by them doing other things if it helps them to explore different areas and gives them new perspectives. But yes, I understand fans being impatient and I would like to have a new album soon, too, better sooner than later.
creative people need to have a variety of outlets- it makes them more creative in the end and keeps them from becoming stagnant.

If we didn't hear anything from the boys for years, then I'd be worried.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #409
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:29 PM
Quote:

You migth be rigth , I wrote that because, in my experience when people (me ) get bored or doesn´t want to do something, they (we) start to find excuses to run away from that thing you have to do XD , I understand they come from a 2 year tour maybe they needed a brake.

I have to say that I am so glad they are a bunch of multitaskers
Old 12-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #410
Galeonbroad

Meh they just had enough of U2 and have gone their separate ways. It'll just take the fans some time to realise this and move on to other musicians.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #411
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Meh they just had enough of U2 and have gone their separate ways. It'll just take the fans some time to realise this and move on to other musicians.
Okay. One Direction.....here I come....
Old 12-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #412
Galeonbroad

The sacrifices we make.

I'll be over at that coldplay forum I guess.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #413
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
The sacrifices we make.

I'll be over at that coldplay forum I guess.
Can I like this?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #414
Refugee

Location: The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxaroedenfoe
Local Time: 02:59 AM
Quote:
I agree with 'tis post but just one thing I like to ask is (yes another ruddy question from Annie), aren't we all complex in our own way? I've never heard anyone to be described as easy to comprehend, and if they are, that's usually because the person saying that has even less understanding of the person's true nature. The celeb I've got into of late also seems quite multidimensional and that's probably why the British newspapers seem hell bent in their pathological obsession of his private life. He had to file a complaint against them as part of the Leveson inquiry after they were hacking his phone. My mum is the most complicated person I know, and that's why I've ended with a frown mark in between my eyes since I was 22 . Heck, I don't even understand myself sometimes. To this day I'm learning about myself.

Isn't that what makes us human beings?

Quote:
or in my case other media such as tv shows. Galeon Girl, please can you bring the Doctor Who thread back to life in Zoostation? I've seen your posts in that thread but no one has posted in there for ages. Shall I write all the things I don't like and do like about each episode of series 1? I would like to watch some of the 'classic Who' with Tom Baker et al, can I watch some episodes online?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #415
Galeonbroad

Eh, me post in a Doctor Who thread? I doubt that ever happened as I don't even know that show...

And Grace, no you cannot.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #416
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:29 PM
Quote:
REGETON allí voy
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #417
Refugee

Location: The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxaroedenfoe
Local Time: 02:59 AM
Quote:
Eh, me post in a Doctor Who thread? I doubt that ever happened as I don't even know that show...
I could of sworn I saw a number of your posts in there! You were talking about how your children prefer David Tennant's Doctor to Matt Smith's (but I disagree, Tennant overacts)

Did you just say you've never heard of Doctor Who?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #418
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:59 PM
Gg you've been hiding your children from us? Who's the dad?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #419
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:59 PM
And sorry for the non U2 news post. I really do wish there was some U2 NEWS.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #420
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Annie View Post
I could of sworn I saw a number of your posts in there! You were talking about how your children prefer David Tennant's Doctor to Matt Smith's (but I disagree, Tennant overacts)

Did you just say you've never heard of Doctor Who?
What the fuck?? Dude, I'm 23. I have no children that I know of!

And I have heard of it because I know people who like it, but I've never seen it or cared for it either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
Gg you've been hiding your children from us? Who's the dad?

Bono, of course. Zootv Bono to be more specific. Told ya the cloning was going great eh?

Tags
adam, articles, beach clips, bono, edge, larry, news, u2