PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If somebody want to go

https://www.facebook.com/events/367274020046744/

SOLOMON R. GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM PETER B. LEWIS THEATER 1071 FIFTH AVENUE

IN HOMAGE TO IRELAND’S FOREMOST 20TH-CENTURY PAINTER LOUIS LE BROCQUY,
Arcane Collective brings the canvas to the stage in a mesmerizing celebration that transforms the artist’s imagery into dance and music. Irish broadcaster John Kelly will moderate discussions with director and choreographer Morleigh Steinberg, choreographer Oguri, and composers Paul Chavez and The Edge of U2. The spirit of the paintings come to life as the company performs excerpts from their latest production Cold Dream Colour.

Adam is in Sao Paulo, Brazil, right now. He's at the Pearl Jam show in the brazilian version of Lollapalooza.

http://m.ego.globo.com/lollapalooza...no-lollapalooza?openGallery=true&photoIndex=1

adamclayton2.jpg

adamclayton1.jpg

Hi everyone,
Bono is at Eze sur Mer, south of france. New music has been played for two hours sunday afternoon!! Very experimental music.
This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

Hi everyone,
Bono is at Eze sur Mer, south of france. New music has been played for two hours sunday afternoon!! Very experimental music.
This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

The fact that there is MUSIC is just a good thing!

Bono will be attending the "Power of love" gala in Las Vegas tonight to celebrate Quincy Jones 80th birthday. The guest list is quite impressive, a lot of performances. I wonder if he'll perform as well. Would be lovely to hear him sing again.

aww just read this article on Madonna, not really U2 news, but proud of our B-man :hug:

A withering statement from Banda's office condemned Madonna for trying to use her celebrity to compel Malawi to give her special treatment. "Granted, Madonna is a famed international musician," it said. "But that does not impose an injunction of obligation on any government under whose territory Madonna finds herself, including Malawi, to give her state treatment. Such treatment, even if she deserved it, is discretionary, not obligatory."

It added: "Among the many things that Madonna needs to learn as a matter of urgency is the decency of telling the truth. For her to tell the whole world that she is building schools in Malawi when she has actually only contributed to the construction of classrooms is not compatible with manners of someone who thinks she deserves to be revered with state grandeur."

With an unorthodox turn of phrase, the statement said Malawi had played host to other international stars including Chuck Norris, Bono and the footballers David James, Rio Ferdinand and Gary Neville, "who have never demanded state attention or decorum despite their equally dazzling stature".

Malawi accuses Madonna of exaggerating humanitarian efforts | World news | guardian.co.uk

Bono, Batali, Blankfein, Cohn, Stipe, Perry: N.Y. Scene

Bono read from Samuel Beckett’s “The End” last night at a benefit for the Drawing Center, paying tribute to his friend, artist Sean Scully.
Then he found his own words. “I am lucky enough to live with some of Sean Scully’s work. They are of course very musical, very lyrical, but it’s their discipline I want to be around.”
Scully paints horizontal and vertical blocks of rich colors, “approaching the canvas like a kickboxer or a builder,” Bono said. “These grids with their frayed edges don’t intend to contain uncontainable emotions. What they do is suggest boundaries, limits. Limits are important for an artist, I’m told.”
“We’re both from Dublin, we kind of agree about things, about making the world better,” Scully said of his friendship with Bono.

I like Scully's work a lot. I didn't know they were friends :ohmy:

But I KNEW that there was something going on with Bono on 10 April, just not the Quincy Jones gala. Hard to keep up with all these events.

Hopefully there will be pictures and a video available from this event.

aww just read this article on Madonna, not really U2 news, but proud of our B-man :hug:

Malawi accuses Madonna of exaggerating humanitarian efforts | World news | guardian.co.uk

I totally thought the same when I read that article. I think Bono knows when he needs public attention and the media for spreading his causes, but I also think he can go to Africa without being the rockstar that he usually is. He's much too serious about his political work to behave like a brat.

Back
Top Bottom