PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great film work. Must have been hell in that crowd. Poor Brian is not amused.

^ :cute: That's such a sweet video, so great to have a good quality vid of this event. Thanks for the link :)

Love Glen and I love the scene where Bono quickly puts on his glasses when he realises he's already being filmed :lol:

I thought that was a Bono impersonator... Wasn't it? *goes back to watch again*

Yep, it almost looks like Him We Do Not Speak Of.

What? Really? Why should a Bono impersonator be at this event on Christmas eve?

Seriously, it was so short that I didn't even have time to think about this possibility. It didn't occur to me that this shouldn't be Bono, even though it's so unusual to see him without his glasses.

Maybe I'm not crazy after all. When I first saw that, I thought it was just some random guy on the street. Then he put on the glasses, and I thought, "That was supposed to be Bono?" I watched it again and figured I just hadn't seen him without glasses in a while.

But the complexion looks too dark. And the hair is a little off...

It's the italian impersonator (not this other one...)

Angelino Lanzino's Photos | Facebook

I haven't seen the video that is posted up there because my computer has issues, but Angelino is the same guy in a pic I posted in the photo thread a while back. He did a show on Christmas Eve in Dublin too. I don't have time to look for my post now but it says something about Bono-impersonator on it. You might check if he's wearing the same clothes... I think he had a green army jacket on and he's posing with a fan.

Ok, I guess I'd have to go back and see again, but it was so short and I honestly didn't think that could not be Bono. I watched it while at work in quite a hurry, but the scene somehow stood out for me because I always like it when he's taking off his glasses. But no, obvioulsy it wasn't him :( I still find the idea that there are impersonators around at such an event a bit strange. It's Christmas eve, it's not a U2 show.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I've heard rumours that Bono and Edge are expected to attend the Dublin premiere of 'Lincoln' tomorrow.

*crosses fingers*

Please have pics of Bono and Daniel Day Lewis together. Please please please please pleeeeeeeeease.

Thanks for those pics! I loved this movie. Saw it Thanksgiving weekend when it opened. It's very well done. I think DDLewis deserves the Oscar for this role! It was such an intimate portrayal of the great man, you felt like you were there with him and feeling everything.... Highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet!:applaud: Tommy Lee Jones was a highlight too, as was Sally Field. What a great cast!:applaud:

Interesting that Paul is coming out with this information about U2 donating to charity ... maybe it's an attempt to dodge the never-ending critisicm about their tax issue? Anyway, I think it's good to make that side of the band pulic from time to time, they shouldn't always hide it, even though I understand their decision to deal with charity issues in a discreet way:

U2 gave profits from Irish gigs to charity - The Irish Times - Tue, Jan 22, 2013

Interesting that Paul is coming out with this information about U2 donating to charity ... maybe it's an attempt to dodge the never-ending critisicm about their tax issue? Anyway, I think it's good to make that side of the band pulic from time to time, they shouldn't always hide it, even though I understand their decision to deal with charity issues in a discreet way:

U2 gave profits from Irish gigs to charity - The Irish Times - Tue, Jan 22, 2013

It kind of makes me sad that U2 feel the need to defend themselves by being open about these good deeds (like many other celebrities). I know that's something that they don't normally do, so I just hope it's just Paul talking his way out of a corner. If that's what this is. Not to disapprove of this, though; it's great that they do it. I'd rather U2 be reviled as tax-dodging hypocrites than be much-loved, but truly hypocritical, charity show-offs.

yep i guess it's some kind of damage limitation... the tax issue was frowned on at the time, but these issues are even more sensitive these days... it's been incredibly damaging to the band's image...

Let's not exaggerate. It's all legal and U2 are not the only one to do this. Most people don't know the whole story but are eager to judge the band. They're paying more taxes in Ireland and everywhere else in the world than any of us could ever afford. It does shed a bad light on the band and their charity work, but on the other hand it's a business decision that's totally understandable.

But no, I agree that the band shouldn't feel the need to publish what they donate. It's sad in a way. On the other hand, cynics will critisise it as well. Haters will hate, no matter what. They hated before the "tax issue" and they'll hate in the future, regardless of what the band is doing.

Let's not exaggerate. It's all legal and U2 are not the only one to do this. Most people don't know the whole story but are eager to judge the band. They're paying more taxes in Ireland and everywhere else in the world than any of us could ever afford. It does shed a bad light on the band and their charity work, but on the other hand it's a business decision that's totally understandable.

But no, I agree that the band shouldn't feel the need to publish what they donate. It's sad in a way. On the other hand, cynics will critisise it as well. Haters will hate, no matter what. They hated before the "tax issue" and they'll hate in the future, regardless of what the band is doing.

who's exaggerating? :|

no need for the lecture love

Back
Top Bottom