PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Opening that page strangely gives me an error message :(

U2Valencia has posted some pictures by Julian Lennon on their facebook page:

U2 by Julian Lennon (2010) | Facebook

Don't know if they are the same, but some of them are new to me. Love the one of Bono with the guitar (without shades), also the flip chart which reads "Wake up and dream". Great photos by Julian :up:

Yeah most of these we saw in 2010, but a few are new, and these are nice quality with Julian's titles.

Oh...what the what????

Bono | Bono And The Edge Creating New Score For Spider-man Musical | Contactmusic.com

tumblr_mabnfnZVJn1r0hcok.gif

Why can't you work on music with your band?

Hey, do you think The Edge and Bono will write a role for a baritone and a bass-baritone in their Spiderman musical? I know two people who would probably relish the chance to end up with broken backs and ribs! I won't bore you with who they are because my questions annoy you all as it is.

Sometimes I wonder if they are tired of doing U2 music, you know Larry acting, Bono speeching around and composing with edge, Adam who knows what´s he is doing etc...

I think they have a serious case of procastrination

Larry's hardly an actor is he? Who does he think he is, the next John Hurt?

Sometimes I wonder if they are tired of doing U2 music, you know Larry acting, Bono speeching around and composing with edge, Adam who knows what´s he is doing etc...

I think they have a serious case of procastrination

Um, no. I don't think doing other stuff, side projects and such is a sign of being tired of doing U2 music. I'd say it's the opposite. Doing different things helps you to get a wider perspective of things. That can help you to focus on your work again and/or get new and fresh ideas. It can help you get new inspiration and also see things from a different angle. It's an important learing process. I know many people who work and live that way, including myself, I support it. Bono doing speeches is not a new thing. I am always amazed that people are still surprised by that. That's not a sign of him - or anyone in the band - being tired of the music. In fact, Bono said he loves to come back from campaigning and going into the music again. He is a very complex and multidimensional character, that's one of the things I love about Bono. To me, there is no contradiction between his work as a musician and his work as a campaigner. I still think U2 should release albums faster, but I guess their mindset is different and they don't have to hurry. They don't even have to release anything at this point of their carreer. I'm happy about any new U2 release, in fact, I miss them a lot, but I am not bothered by them doing other things if it helps them to explore different areas and gives them new perspectives. But yes, I understand fans being impatient and I would like to have a new album soon, too, better sooner than later.

Um, no. I don't think doing other stuff, side projects and such is a sign of being tired of doing U2 music. I'd say it's the opposite. Doing different things helps you to get a wider perspective of things. That can help you to focus on your work again and/or get new and fresh ideas. It can help you get new inspiration and also see things from a different angle. It's an important learing process. I know many people who work and live that way, including myself, I support it. Bono doing speeches is not a new thing. I am always amazed that people are still surprised by that. That's not a sign of him - or anyone in the band - being tired of the music. In fact, Bono said he loves to come back from campaigning and going into the music again. He is a very complex and multidimensional character, that's one of the things I love about Bono. To me, there is no contradiction between his work as a musician and his work as a campaigner. I still think U2 should release albums faster, but I guess their mindset is different and they don't have to hurry. They don't even have to release anything at this point of their carreer. I'm happy about any new U2 release, in fact, I miss them a lot, but I am not bothered by them doing other things if it helps them to explore different areas and gives them new perspectives. But yes, I understand fans being impatient and I would like to have a new album soon, too, better sooner than later.

:up: creative people need to have a variety of outlets- it makes them more creative in the end and keeps them from becoming stagnant.

If we didn't hear anything from the boys for years, then I'd be worried.

You migth be rigth :D, I wrote that because, in my experience when people (me :shifty:) get bored or doesn´t want to do something, they (we) start to find excuses to run away from that thing you have to do XD , I understand they come from a 2 year tour :huh: maybe they needed a brake.

I have to say that I am so glad they are a bunch of multitaskers

Meh they just had enough of U2 and have gone their separate ways. It'll just take the fans some time to realise this and move on to other musicians.

I agree with 'tis post but just one thing I like to ask is (yes another ruddy question from Annie), aren't we all complex in our own way? I've never heard anyone to be described as easy to comprehend, and if they are, that's usually because the person saying that has even less understanding of the person's true nature. The celeb I've got into of late also seems quite multidimensional and that's probably why the British newspapers seem hell bent in their pathological obsession of his private life. He had to file a complaint against them as part of the Leveson inquiry after they were hacking his phone. My mum is the most complicated person I know, and that's why I've ended with a frown mark in between my eyes since I was 22 . Heck, I don't even understand myself sometimes. To this day I'm learning about myself.

Isn't that what makes us human beings?

Meh they just had enough of U2 and have gone their separate ways. It'll just take the fans some time to realise this and move on to other musicians.

or in my case other media such as tv shows. Galeon Girl, please can you bring the Doctor Who thread back to life in Zoostation? I've seen your posts in that thread but no one has posted in there for ages. Shall I write all the things I don't like and do like about each episode of series 1? I would like to watch some of the 'classic Who' with Tom Baker et al, can I watch some episodes online?

Eh, me post in a Doctor Who thread? :scratch: I doubt that ever happened as I don't even know that show...

And Grace, no you cannot. :grumpy:

I could of sworn I saw a number of your posts in there! You were talking about how your children prefer David Tennant's Doctor to Matt Smith's (but I disagree, Tennant overacts)

Did you just say you've never heard of Doctor Who? :shocked:

:lol: What the fuck?? Dude, I'm 23. I have no children that I know of!

And I have heard of it because I know people who like it, but I've never seen it or cared for it either way.

Gg you've been hiding your children from us? :ohmy: Who's the dad? :hmm:

:shifty: Bono, of course. Zootv Bono to be more specific. Told ya the cloning was going great eh?

Back
Top Bottom