PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to speak about the Edge please.

Over the past year I've been jotting bits and pieces down in a notebook, just load off random stuff such as lists, quiz's, information, etc,etc. I started the book with the intention of either sending to Principle Management, or whatever it is I send it to, or much better, give it to him in person. Going to Dublin on holiday and finding out where they shall be recording. I don't know, I haven't got that far yet.

I took it with me today in the shop where I work because I wanted to look through what I already have written as well as write more shit down. Only, I've just come through the door about 5 minutes ago and I've realised that I've must have left in our shop or maybe I left it on the seat next to where I was sitting on the train. Oh please say that I never left it on the train, that will be a right cock up!!!:angry::angry::angry: :sad::sad::sad:

I hope it will be replayed because I'm going to sleep now. I'm sick with a sore throat and no voice and I have to work (and speak) again tomorrow. Could use some Bono to cheer me up :sigh:

I'd like to speak about the Edge please.

Over the past year I've been jotting bits and pieces down in a notebook, just load off random stuff such as lists, quiz's, information, etc,etc. I started the book with the intention of either sending to Principle Management, or whatever it is I send it to, or much better, give it to him in person. Going to Dublin on holiday and finding out where they shall be recording. I don't know, I haven't got that far yet.

I took it with me today in the shop where I work because I wanted to look through what I already have written as well as write more shit down. Only, I've just come through the door about 5 minutes ago and I've realised that I've must have left in our shop or maybe I left it on the seat next to where I was sitting on the train. Oh please say that I never left it on the train, that will be a right cock up!!!:angry::angry::angry: :sad::sad::sad:

I really hope you find it, let us know! :hug:

he goes on about "morality", "social responsibility", about the poorest of the poor not bearing the brunt of the cuts... but he skirts around some crucial issues!

where are the governments going to find the money?

what about the 2%, the mega-rich, the corporations not paying their dues? those who pay disproportionately minute amounts of tax because they have amazing accountants - those who can but don't want to and find legal loopholes not to do so? (not to mention U2 moving part of their business out of Ireland, for tax reasons!)

i don't know, i was brought up to share and to be fair - isn't that how we bring our kids up? to share their toys, not to take other kids' toys and keep them for themselves, but to play nice and be fair and not to be greedy? so why do the rules suddenly change for the rich?

sure, Starbucks may be an "iconic" partner of (RED) and might look good because of this, but right now, they look pretty immoral and socially bankrupt with their attitude to corporation taxes... it's pure greed! "tax efficiency" my ass - that's something invented by the rich FOR the rich!

Anyone catch the U2 reference on Castle this week?

It was at the very beginning of the show when the up-and-coming band got a fantastic review saying they were the next best thing and they were looking for the guitar player to tell him he was being compared to The Edge!! He must be a great guitar player then!!!

Anyone catch the U2 reference on Castle this week?

It was at the very beginning of the show when the up-and-coming band got a fantastic review saying they were the next best thing and they were looking for the guitar player to tell him he was being compared to The Edge!! He must be a great guitar player then!!!

Last Castle episode I saw was the Scifi Episode. There was a Bono imitator the show before btw. So Someone is getting its U2 obsessions in the script there. Haha (Hillarious show btw)

According to Italian news sources, Bono was in the Vatican this afternoon to talk about the effects of debt cancellation with church representatives. He showed the crucifix that Pope JP II gave him to a reporter and told her that he still wears it.

Bono and Ali at the International Herald Tribune Luxury Conference 2012 in Rome

Ali Hewson, Bono, Renzo Rosso talk sustainable fashion at IHT Luxury 2012 - YouTube

i am torn with this... part of me thinks, jeesus christ, they must really be living in some kind of luxury bubble right now, hoping for people to see their very expensive clothes in a store and feel they "cannot leave the store without them" - seeing that average families, "middle-class" families i know, are seriously having trouble making it to the end of the month these days as basic living costs have gone crazy

but then, i guess, they're not targeting "average consumers", they're targeting the super-rich who can still afford luxury items and designer clothes... and i guess that approach is actually quite subversive, almost Robin Hood, taking money from the extremely rich to feed the extremely poor (8500 farmers and their families in Uganda apparently), and i think that is pretty cool... :up:

Back
Top Bottom