PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dunno, it seems a bit confusing to me - the person being what seems to be a good friend then blogging all about a private meeting from a fan perspective... doesn't sit right somehow...

And gets the name of their school wrong. It's not hard to do your research right if you try to con people. :rolleyes: I'm not buying it.

You might be right. I thought it's a cute story, but the more I think about it the weirder it gets. Also, I have the impression that English isn't the guy's native language or maybe he's just a lazy writer, but the whole story about going to the same school as Bono and Ali in Dublin seems a bit strange.

I got that impression too, that the writer might not be a native English speaker. Kinda strange if they grew up in Dublin, isn't it?

Adding to the photos in Misc pics, with these people claiming he's holding the journal they gave him, while it seems more obviously to be Bono's iPad... I'm not buying this, at all.

I just read this, too, and wondered why they called the school "Temple Hill" or whatever, especially if this person went there.

I'm worry to read this, my english isn't perfect, you know so don't recognize differences of language. I ask you if Temple hill could be a place in dublin where there are schools

There is a place in Co. Dublin called Temple Hill but the only school there is, or rather going to be, is a girl school called Rosemont School, that hasn't even been built yet! Dublin People | Sod is turned on new girls� school And also if this person has refered to the pics of Bono on the Misc. Pics thread (of Bono holding the RED Ipad, from Berlin of last May) as being the journal mentioned in the blog, then this person is definitely a FAKE!! :| And not even a good one! :lol: Fancy getting the name of the school wrong!? It's only mentioned in every biography ever written about U2!! :tsk:

There is a place in Co. Dublin called Temple Hill but the only school there is, or rather going to be, is a girl school called Rosemont School, that hasn't even been built yet! Dublin People | Sod is turned on new girls� school And also if this person has refered to the pics of Bono on the Misc. Pics thread (of Bono holding the RED Ipad, from Berlin of last May) as being the journal mentioned in the blog, then this person is definitely a FAKE!! :| And not even a good one! :lol: Fancy getting the name of the school wrong!? It's only mentioned in every biography ever written about U2!! :tsk:
That shitty figure! I'm really sorry :(

Yeah, that's exactly the same blog. Kinda sad that they can't even get the name of their school right. :lol: And claiming those German pics is Bono walking around with their journal? When it's an iPad? Some people are truly delusional.

Actually reading that article again, it does mention at the end of the piece, that the original Rosemont School located in Temple Hill, first opened in 1977! :hmm: But even that fact discounts the writers story!! :shrug:

Didn't this meeting supposedly happen in Dublin a couple of days after Bono's birthday? He's been in the States for a couple of weeks now and is still there for the rest of the week, so this has to be total bullshit. It's really sad that a fan would scam everyone like this :down:

Didn't this meeting supposedly happen in Dublin a couple of days after Bono's birthday? He's been in the States for a couple of weeks now and is still there for the rest of the week, so this has to be total bullshit. It's really sad that a fan would scam everyone like this :down:
and who knows if Bono has come to France at the Cannes Film Festival ?:huh:

There are reasons why I have Twitter.

Bono Due to Perform, Speak Later This Week

And I saw this....
Bono is at graduation!! His daughter is in my class. #columbiagraduation2012

That explains why he's in NY (except for that all import trip to the fish and chip shop to enjoy a Diet Coke :doh:) and the photo we saw in Misc.

:lmao: I know, the fact that we know that Bono has been, and still is, in USA over the last week or so, makes this person's story even more incredible!

And hasn't anyone on that site challenged this guy about the facts, or are they just lapping it up as the Gospel truth?! :huh: IMO someone really ought to say something!

And yeah, it's been all over Facebook too all day about Bono's appearances/performances in the US. :wink:

There are reasons why I have Twitter.

Bono Due to Perform, Speak Later This Week

And I saw this....
Bono is at graduation!! His daughter is in my class. #columbiagraduation2012

That explains why he's in NY (except for that all import trip to the fish and chip shop to enjoy a Diet Coke :doh:) and the photo we saw in Misc.

Heh, coke at a chip shop? I couldn't find that pic.

Man, if y'allz had a choice, would you rather attend the jazz fest on Thursday, or the speech on Friday? I actually considered going for the speech, then realized it's probably definitely a closed event since other big-wigs like Obama et al will be there too. :applaud:

eid to add: nice to know about the stream, BC!

Well...ain't that some...baloney. I hate fakers. There's a fake Brian Eno twitter account that claimed U2s album was their last. Jerks.

Was it ever confirmed to be fake? Too painful to follow it at that time, when Bono was harping about quitting

Back
Top Bottom