PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to get into the whole Spiderman discussion again, but ...
I don't get the hate for the musical in general and the musical score in particular.

I'm not a big fan of musicals, but I like most of the tunes from the show.
IMO, they DID try hard enough. And going beyond their comfort zone for different projects is never a waste of time.
I'm stil glad they did it and still think they shouldn't stop doing different things just because some critics are hating.
People are bashing it mostly because of personal reasons, because the name Bono is involved.
I haven't seen the show, but I have listened to the soundtrack album a lot and think there are some really great tunes there. It's a musical and IMO Bono and Edge have delivered some great songs that are fitting for a musical. It's not a U2 show, I wouldn't want to hear any of that stuff at a U2 concert.

Except Boy Falls From the Sky which is a U2 tune through and through, they should have played that one more often live, but I'm afraid Larry objected :wink:

I don't get the hate for the musical in general and the musical score in particular.

IMO, they DID try hard enough. And going beyond their comfort zone for different projects is never a waste of time.
I'm stil glad they did it and still think they shouldn't stop doing different things just because some critics are hating.
People are bashing it mostly because of personal reasons, because the name Bono is involved.
I haven't seen the show, but I have listened to the soundtrack album a lot and think there are some really great tunes there. It's a musical and IMO Bono and Edge have delivered some great songs that are fitting for a musical. It's not a U2 show, I wouldn't want to hear any of that stuff at a U2 concert.

Except Boy Falls From the Sky which is a U2 tune through and through, they should have played that one more often live, but I'm afraid Larry objected :wink:

this.:up:

Since Spiderman now is mentioned, did you see this review of it? http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/team-nchick/nostalgia-chick/31881-spiderman

Go for it, Bono. :up: :lol:

bononippleslipEW5-4-2012.jpg

Mr Clayton was present in Dublin Circuit Criminal Court yesterday, but didn't stand out as the leather-clad rock star that fans would recognise.

The newspaper must confuse Adam with Bono. :huh:

I'm a bit impressed at how many times she managed to steal before she was caught. :ohmy:

The newspaper must confuse Adam with Bono. :huh:

I know, how ridiculous! :lol: I don't think Adam has ever worn leather, apart from maybe the odd leather jacket!! :shrug:

I'm a bit impressed at how many times she managed to steal before she was caught. :ohmy:

I've been dismayed too, from day one since this first came to light, about just how much she was able to get away with before someone noticed something was up!? Adams accounts definitely dropped the ball on this one!! :tsk:

Bono compareceu ao Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting 2012 | U2 Brasil

translate from portuguese to english with google (i hope it's right)

"Bill Gates published on his website that spoke during the meeting with Bono. The subject was guided by the actions of the lead singer of U2 in Africa. Here's what Gates wrote:

A large part of the annual meeting is approaching the years that went to Omaha for that, and I had the chance to spend time with Bono, who was there, too. It was a great opportunity to catch up on their work and with the RED ONE, and talk about Africa. He has been a tremendous advocate for Africa, was good to hear your perspective on the conditions there and talk about my recent trip to Ethiopia and Zambia. We both share a concern about the cuts to foreign aid budgets in rich countries that can have a devastating effect on health and development in Africa."

interesting interview with glen hansard:

The power of the 'poetic arc': How U2's Bono helped Glen Hansard win an Oscar: CBC Music

Anyone see SNL's Nic Cage skit last night?
Nic (Adam Samberg) calls Liam Neeson "Tall Bono" in the skit. :lol:

I found it:
Liam Neeson Gets Grilled by Andy Samberg’s Nic Cage Alter Ego on ‘SNL’

Wow, Liam Neeson is hot! I didn't know his real accent is so genuinely Irish. The "Nic Cage" looks like a Keanu Reeves spoof. :D

I'm confused, why have you posted this here, coz as far as I can see this has nothing to do with U2! :scratch:
^That's why.

This is news to you? :wink:

I'd watch that guy in anything.

Well ...... almost anything. I don't know that I'll be able to bring myself to watch Battleship.

:love: Love Actually! He's pretty much awesome as an actor. The accent helps, for sure.

It was in direct succession with the other 2 people talking about TALL BONO. Why don't you block me? It's not like we post anything constructive to this thread anyway.

User CP be the shield against these overly taut strings lest they snap at me. Whoop. too late. :rolleyes:

[not you, y'allz nice people who know what Liam-Bononess I iz talking about :wink:]

Back
Top Bottom