PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talk about making a mountain out of a non-existent mole hill! :huh: The reporter/muckraker has gotten hold of wrong end of the stick here, being told to move, isn't the same a being 'broken up'!?! :angry: Also the pic used in the article isn't even from the event in question!! :tsk:

U2 Bono busking session 'broken up by police' - Music News - Digital Spy

Also, at the bottom of the page, they refer to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as amphibians, so... :lol: Where's the Dunce cap?

However, according to the Daily Star, local police didn't recognise the famous trio and tried to move them on.

Um yes, because it's totally plausible that police didn't know this was taking place and they didn't recognise their country's most famous person :rolleyes:

I hate tabloids, making a sensational story out of everything. Bono has been doing the Christmas busking thing for a couple of years now and some journalist is bored now and tries to find something newsworthy about this. :doh:

I check in, see some 'broken up' mentions, and got nervous for a sec again. New year's here. Hope the environment in the studio is great for them!

Yeah, I read Eve's tweet about getting lost in the Swiss alps. Can't imagine Bono or Edge skiing though, they better take care.

(I can't believe I'm following Bono's daughter on twitter :reject:)

Yeah, I read Eve's tweet about getting lost in the Swiss alps. Can't imagine Bono or Edge skiing though, they better take care.
[/SIZE]

How was that early quote from Adam,about them getting on the skis and Bono falling on his butt immediately and Edge showing some remarkable skills.

p.s. I hope Edge finally gets over the Alps.

I bet Bono is great at skiing. He has a lower center of gravity plus strong muscular legs. :drool: :D Staying on course is another thing! He probably makes a run and then goes to the bar for drink. Ski, drink, repeat. :lol:

I'm glad I didn't drink anything while reading this. :lol:
I read Eve's tweet too but it didn't occur to me that her father and The Edge were with her on vacation. As others I can't imagine them skiing either.

I bet Bono is great at skiing. He has a lower center of gravity plus strong muscular legs. :drool: :D Staying on course is another thing! He probably makes a run and then goes to the bar for drink. Ski, drink, repeat. :lol:

The thought of Bono skiing and drinking is even scarier :huh:

I hope he takes care, we don't need another Bono injury.

This just makes me so happy. :D

SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK Silences The Doubters By Breaking Broadway Records

New York, NY – SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark, Broadway’s most popular new show, rang in the New Year as the highest grossing show on Broadway, shattering the record for the highest single-week gross of any show in Broadway history. The total gross for the record-breaking week ending Sunday, January 1 was $2,941,790.20, besting the previous record of $2,228,235 set by Wicked in 2011. Playing to 17,375 audience members (100.02% capacity of The Foxwoods Theatre), SPIDER-MAN also enjoyed the highest single-week attendance by any show in Broadway history (playing a standard 9-show holiday schedule).

The Foxwoods previous box office record of $2,070,195.60 was set by the show just four weeks ago. Currently in its second smash-hit year on Broadway, SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark began preview performances on November 28, 2010, and has become one of the most famous theatrical events in Broadway history, playing to packed houses and standing, screaming ovations nightly.

"We are thrilled that the public has taken such a liking to this show," said producers Michael Cohl and Jeremiah J. Harris. "The audience continues to grow, and it is great to enter the New Year with such momentum."

How was that early quote from Adam,about them getting on the skis and Bono falling on his butt immediately and Edge showing some remarkable skills.

p.s. I hope Edge finally gets over the Alps.

I found it :)

Up too early with everyone looking wrecked. Arrive in Denver and Edge discovers a ski resort 50 miles up country. The four of us head off. It had to be hushed up as a broken leg at this stage of the tour would not be welcome. Stories were fabricated and changed so that no one had any idea where we were. It was a lovely drive through the Rockies to the resort. Once there, Edge organises the activities, as he is the experienced amateur. We get our skis on and Bono falls over immediately. We potter about on the nursery slopes under Edge’s instructions. I eventually feel confident enough to try my luck on the mountain. I wish I hadn’t. I’ve never been so frightened in all my life. To reach the top of the mountain we have to hang on chair lift, hundreds of feet above the ground with no safety bar. I was so hysterical I would have gladly thrown myself off had Edge not kept me talking.

At the top it soon becomes obvious that I had been over optimistic. I tell Edge to go off and enjoy himself, I’ll walk down. The mountain very nearly claimed me. Edge goes up and down twice in the time it takes me to walk. Then he did a black slope. As you might know black slopes are very serious. And then some, like black holes and black belts. We retire to the bar for the only bit of ski I like — apres ski and Gluewein. We make the mistake of ordering Irish Coffees, which are barely coffee and certainly not Irish. The cream comes from one of those aerosol jobs and there’s a nasty green mint liqueur to boot. Once back in the hotel we decide to go and see Reds. It’s a good film but I felt it lost its punch in places, but maybe that’s because I was so tired.
Adam Clayton in his tour diary, 1982
:giggle:

I think Bono and Edge are spending the first days of 2012 on the snow!! :D

Twitter

Twitter

I'd give everything to see Edge skiing!!!! :cute:

scaled.php
from eve on twitter voilààààà....

A sled would be my preferred mode of transport back down the mountain.

Or, you know, a piggyback ride on Bono's back. (With him NOT on skis.)

I guess that's Eve. Hard to tell with the bank robber look.

At least they have lots of snow. I live in Austria, not that far away from Switzerland, but we have no snow at all and temperatures are like in spring.

scaled.php
from eve on twitter voilààààà....

I love her pose, taaa-daaaaa! Looks like a ninja.

It's funny reading about their skiing experince since I'm Northern-Norwegian and had to learn skiing from the day I could walk. The result is that I can't understand why rich people would pay to stumble around in snow and freezing temprature. I'd rather get sunburned in the South of France.

Back
Top Bottom