PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here you go. :wave:

And here they are from the front. ;)

RS10-15-092-1.jpg

Thanks so much BC! My new fave pic! All of them are lovely! Adam dressed this way is so casual sexy and... are their sleeves rubbing up against each other? They just look so relaxed in each others' company!

Did they actually talk to Edge? I mean, doesn't he live in the LA area? He may have just been going home. Ha.

If he is going to be at the ceremony tonight, I wouldn't mind seeing him pop up for the Clarence Clemons tribute.

Aw, the Edge-at-Grammys was a false rumour then. This is a really nifty marriage arrangement they have. Normally, when one marries an A-list celeb/mega rock star (because it happens rather frequently:D), you'd think they pretty much move their lives to the star's place of work (in Edge's case, Dublin). I guess Morleigh is from LA?

This is cool. Since he lives in LA, I would have expected more pap pics of The Edge, actually.

The Edge lives in LA, most of the time, since 2003-2004 and then he goes, with Bono, to the côte d'azur, south of France. As Bono said once, a "good year" is when they can spend their time in the South of France from april to october! Bono seems to be a lot in NY during the year these days... Adam, who lives in London, bought a 39 millions euros mansion last year at St Jean Cap Ferrat, maybe the most beautiful bay in Europe. Exept Larry, they all seem to have left Dublin...

...So...no chance to meet Edge next month in Dublin... ? :sad:

My advice to have a chance meeting one of the u2s is
- when they're finalizing their album at their Dublin's studio every 4 years ( with 100 other fans)
- during the tour, at their hotel or outside the stadium every four years (with 100 other fans)
- if you are lucky,in restaurants in South Of France, got to know wich ones, every summer but NEVER disturb them! (with your girlfriend/boyfriend/pal)

I'm totally against going to the beach front of their houses because it's pivate (and you're ridiculous spying)

The beach in front of Bono's house in Eze is public. I know a family (NOT U2 fans) who always swim there.

yes it is but standing on the beach, sea in the back, looking up to see Edge or Bono on their patio, this is private, is ridiculous.... And if you really want to swim in the big blue there are many, way better, beach further...

The beach in front of Bono's house in Eze is public. I know a family (NOT U2 fans) who always swim there.

Yes, it's public. I went there without any problems, in 2010. There were a lot of people and nobody seemed to care about the houses.
It was on 8 august (Edge's birthday), I know that they were there because a friend of mine saw them the day before, but I only saw some bodyguards.

My advice to have a chance meeting one of the u2s is
- when they're finalizing their album at their Dublin's studio every 4 years ( with 100 other fans)

It's where I'm still hoping to meet them!!

It's where I'm still hoping to meet them!!

I'm sure you will! :wink:

Otherwise, if you want to meet Bono specially, there is more chance during his "cause" trip, for my experience i met him in Baden Baden, Germany, in 2006 where he's been honoured and in 2010 at l'Elysée, Paris, after a meeting with Sarkozy.

Hm, I don't think it's rude if it's a public beach. I know some people who always go there on vacation and they don't care about Bono or Edge. My therapist told me once he's always seeing them on the balcony or in Eze in some café and restaurant but he doesn't spy or stalk them, because he's not interested in them. On the other hand, if Bono wanted to have the beach closed or a private beach, I'm sure he could have found a way. He was very well aware of that beach being open to the public when they bought the house and moved there. Of course you will have U2 fans just going there to check out Bono and Edge (and record beach clips), but I also think that many normal tourists are so used to seeing celebs in that area that they don't care, unless they really are U2 fans. Honestly, I don't think Bono minds if people see and watch him. He could hide or build a wall or whatever if he doesn't like it. Stalking the family or trying to get into the house or the gardens, on the other hand, is NOT ok at all.

She saw them in Eze, from the beach.
She saw Bono on his balcony (there's also a pic in her Facebook page), and she saw Edge "doing some works" outside his house :D

Yeah, this is what i was talking about... I am totally opposed to it.

Hm, I don't think it's rude if it's a public beach. I know some people who always go there on vacation and they don't care about Bono or Edge. My therapist told me once he's always seeing them on the balcony or in Eze in some café and restaurant but he doesn't spy or stalk them, because he's not interested in them. On the other hand, if Bono wanted to have the beach closed or a private beach, I'm sure he could have found a way. He was very well aware of that beach being open to the public when they bought the house and moved there. Of course you will have U2 fans just going there to check out Bono and Edge (and record beach clips), but I also think that many normal tourists are so used to seeing celebs in that area that they don't care, unless they really are U2 fans. Honestly, I don't think Bono minds if people see and watch him. He could hide or build a wall or whatever if he doesn't like it. Stalking the family or trying to get into the house or the gardens, on the other hand, is NOT ok at all.

Well, French people don't care about celebritys out there and in general and that's why B and E choose to live there because locals respect their privacy... With tourists it's another story:doh: they come in Eze ONLY to see the house and hanging around, there is nothing else to see in this village, nothing.... 20 years ago when Bono found the 2 houses it were ruins and nobody was hanging on this beach so... What a pity to see people wearing Bono's glasses with their cellphones on the beach, gosh... it's only during July August but it's already too much.
They will probably moving out some day, sad...

) I also think that many normal tourists are so used to seeing celebs in that area

have you ever been there? It's not Hollywood, lol, "celebs" are not walking the streets... not at all...
And the houses are beach front so building a wall is a very bad idea!

Yeah I agree with you Silvia! If Bono really wanted to be recluse, you'd think a house situated on a public beach would be the last place he would buy!

And talking about beaches, I finally got around to watching From The Sky Down dvd this evening, and the one thing that stuck in my mind was the scene of the guys doing pirouttes (or rather trying to do and failing miserably! :lol: ) on the shore line of a beach! Hahahahaaa Made me laugh, I wonder where that was shot!?! :hmm:

I'd say there's plenty to see in Eze. There's a beautiful Botanic Garden up the mountain, and the perfume factory is neat too, though it's much smaller than the ones in Grasse. And the scenic walk from the village to the beach is beautiful. Very exhausting though. If you're staying near Nice on a vacation, I'd definitely recommend giving Eze a try, it's a beautiful little village.

If you wanna see celebs, take the train to Monaco, or go the other way to St. Tropez. Club 55 on beach Pamplona is always loaded with celebs. Not my kinda thing though, as it's insanely expensive and snobby. Though I guess that can be expected with the French.

Figure it this way, you invested in that house. Your money went to those houses in some way. You are just checking up on your investment. :wink:

Not to be confused, there is Eze Village, up in the mountain, it's a touristic village with a church, a little garden and a 5* restaurant, where Edge got married, and a marché on sunday... That's it. It's nice to go there once.
And there is Eze sur Mer, down the mountain, front beach, you can join the two villages by the nietzsche ride, and here, there is nothing to see apart B&E houses... Oh yes, if you walk a little further on the beach you will find a naturist beach, grreeaaattttt!:up:

Figure it this way, you invested in that house. Your money went to those houses in some way. You are just checking up on your investment. :wink:

:applaud:
I've heard that the first thing Bono did when he came in LA for the first time is going to see................ Bob Dylan house :doh:

Eze sur mer is where the scenic walk ends. It's got a nice view, and the pebble beach is great for snorkling as there's lots of fish there. That's the bad part about the south of France, there's so much sandy beach, which is boring as fuck for snorkling and diving. So there's plenty to see in Eze sur Mer, if you're open to it.

Bono and Edge surely aren't the only celebrities with houses in that area, there are many more and the whole area is very well know for having a lot of famous residents. I'm quite sure Bono would have chosen a much more reclusive estate if he didn't want people to go there, it works in Ireland as well. It's a well known fact that he has his house there and tourist guides are telling everyone that it's Bono's house. Many don't care for him, they go there because it IS, as Galeongirl has said, a beaufiul place to go, others might go there to see him and he's very well aware of that (and blasting music loud enough for everyone to hear and record on their cell phones). He's not stupid and certainly not a poor victim of his own fame. Bono seems to enjoy life in Eze very much, he spends a lot of time there, and I don't think he will move away. Bono simply isn't the type to hide from people.

I'm not saying people that access the public beach for swimming are rude and are there as tourists not stalkers, :D I am talking about the people that go there purposely to sit there and wait for them to come out of the house, hoping they can take pictures of them on the balcony or whatever. That's invasive to me. Don't you think ?

It depends always on respect you have of their privacy. I went to Eze last summer with my husband, yes with hope to see their... Did I have sin? No I'm curious eheheh... But I know it's a 'private mansion' and they have the right to live without broken balls around. We were on the beach for sunning and swimming and for me it was enough... Hope to see your idol isn't stalking but of course, insist and call them is stupid.

I'm not saying people that access the public beach for swimming are rude and are there as tourists not stalkers, :D I am talking about the people that go there purposely to sit there and wait for them to come out of the house, hoping they can take pictures of them on the balcony or whatever. That's invasive to me. Don't you think ?

not everyone sits around waiting for them to come out. Some people just want to see their houses just for fun. I've been to Bono's in Dublin and Edge's in Malibu but I would have died if either had come out of the house. I would never approach them or bother them in anyway or even take pics for that matter. I just wanted to see the houses but that's it. If I want to meet them then I'll find a way before a U2 concert when they expect their fans will want to meet them.

Bono and Edge surely aren't the only celebrities with houses in that area, there are many more and the whole area is very well know for having a lot of famous residents. I'm quite sure Bono would have chosen a much more reclusive estate if he didn't want people to go there, it works in Ireland as well. It's a well known fact that he has his house there and tourist guides are telling everyone that it's Bono's house. Many don't care for him, they go there because it IS, as Galeongirl has said, a beaufiul place to go, others might go there to see him and he's very well aware of that (and blasting music loud enough for everyone to hear and record on their cell phones). He's not stupid and certainly not a poor victim of his own fame. Bono seems to enjoy life in Eze very much, he spends a lot of time there, and I don't think he will move away. Bono simply isn't the type to hide from people.

You're sincerely wrong and i will tell you why... I will explain you why...
Like i said, at the time, 20 years ago, there was nothing but ruin houses there ok? B and E have to wait years before actually "living" in the houses because of structural work (don't know how to say this in english, hope you understand)... For years and years, NOBODY came to see them! It's a new phenomenon, people come, maybe since 2002 i think... That's the truth! If you go there one day you can ask the locals, they don't go out like they used to do!
And Bono is really pissed off people recording music because he always listen to music loud, since years, he makes parties etc.... he's home! Fans have to understand that! Time has changed... They are not quite there as they used to be...

Back
Top Bottom