PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nowhere at any time did Bono say they may call it a day next year. EDGE said "It's likely you may hear from us next year, but it's equally likely you won't"...and he meant that they may release new music next year, but they may not.
Also that quote about the potentially career-ending difficulties was from somewhere else and was in reference to the process of making Achtung Baby.

I know it's like journalists job and all to take a quote and put their spin on it or whatever but this is getting ridiculous. I am sick of these stupid little articles with one quote and a lot of bull in them.

This.

hand0lotion said:
So they just took old quotes and made a new 'article' about it? :down:

Basically, and that's the worst part of it. All these little articles popping up are using recycled out-of-context quotes.

GraceRyan said:
I think my headache got worse.....

Is there a newer article instructing U2 fans to NOT jump into the Liffey?

:lol:

domo-kun said:
I like Coldplay , but I don't mind you not liking them ,
you are entitled to your own opinion. Coldplay gets as much shit as U2.
So in a way , they are the next U2.:wink:

Their just not sexy.

That's cool u like them I don't mind at all;)
It's just I find them very dull & incredbally boring, & that said you probally wouldent like any of the bands I love but that's cool & why we all have our own opioins ;) but as for them being the next u2 please don't make me laugh. If that's all the over seas music indrestry has to offer I'm very happy to stick to my Aussie music :):):)

Sounds like most British press/people would be happy to see u2 go cause there all ways been jelious of them. With them out there way it gives them more chance to push that dreadful coldplay people. I'm sorry if anybody here likes them but I carnt stand them I find there music really very boring & monnotness & very droing. It really anoyes me how much thay Try to copy the boys as well,I just saw thay had a gig today on line :( wow about 10 people would bother wasting there time with watching it. Ied much rather listen 2 matchbox 20 than that rubbish at least Rob Thomas is hot & not a complete jerk. Sorry about my rant but I just saw it on the tv & it made me fell ill

I'm a casual Coldplay fan. I like their stuff enough to own their entire catalog but it doesn't go much more than that. I'll never understand the whole "Coldplay is copying U2" bit. I listen to both bands and I just don't see where that argument comes from :shrug:

Basically, and that's the worst part of it. All these little articles popping up are using recycled out-of-context quotes.

:lol:

I'm just pissed that the headline of that article specified 2012. Like Bono actually said that. :eyeroll:

Well, if I bumped into the B-man one of these days, I would tell him: Bono, it is JUSTICE NOT CHARITY that you release your beautiful music for human ears to enjoy. It's what the world needs! The radio hitz will take care of itself (aside: I'm currently diggin' North Star, and I think it would make a great radio-friendly tune. It's like a eternal melody :heart:)

arw said:
I'm a casual Coldplay fan. I like their stuff enough to own their entire catalog but it doesn't go much more than that. I'll never understand the whole "Coldplay is copying U2" bit. I listen to both bands and I just don't see where that argument comes from :shrug:

That's cool like I said B4 that's what makes people intersting it would be really boring if we all liked the same thing ;)

On u2france.com I've read that next 2 november on RTL2 there'll be an interview to Edge and Bono

U2 France | Bono et The Edge sur RTL2 mercredi

Oh no, we really don't need anymore of Bono's relevance blah blah :doh:

I never thought I'd say that one day, but at the moment I'd be more than happy to NOT see any new interviews with Bono and instead know that they are taking some time off and/or are in a recording studio somewhere working on a new album. I can't take any more of Bono's apocalyptic talk, really, and I doubt there will be something new in any of the upcoming interviews. It's ok to promote a new release (AB), but I'm not so sure that this is the right strategy :huh:

On a lighter note:
The following weekend would be the PERFECT time for the boys to come to Berlin :)

I'm not just saying that because I'll be there :D

I have my mp3 player ready for the trip and can't wait to listen to the AB stuff and the cover songs. Exciting times.

Let's hope that someone lubricates Bono with fine wines and he's feeling jovial and instead of cryptic. You know the recent rumor mill will be addressed.

:grumpy:

The only good that can come of that is if the interviewer says, "People have been freaking out lately that you guys are about to quit! This is a gross overreaction, right?" And Edge answers, "Yes, people are f***ing crazy. None of us ever said that." And then Bono isn't allowed to talk. At all.

Bono :therethere:

Bono blames 'wrong shoes' for Glastonbury letdown - Yahoo! omg! UK

Bono blames 'wrong shoes' for Glastonbury letdown

U2 star Bono has confessed he was left disappointed by the band's prestigious headline set at this year's Glastonbury festival, blaming driving rain and "the wrong shoes" for their subdued performance.
The Irish rockers topped the bill at the iconic festival in June, a year after they were forced to pull out when the singer hurt his back.
But the hotly-anticipated performance - which took place during a huge downpour - left many fans disappointed, and now Bono has spoken out to explain the reasons for the muted show.
He blames a DJ for accidentally sabotaging the band's equipment, and the rainstorm which turned the stage into a treacherous "ice rink", admitting the band was "freaked out" by the occasion.
Bono tells Q magazine, "There were a couple of things... There was a DJ under the stage, playing music in between sets, and he bumped into our keyboard computer. So we lost all the keyboards.
"I walked out and realised that the stage was like an ice rink and I was wearing the wrong shoes. I couldn't move - I was stuck on the spot. We were a bit freaked out. We had come in the middle of a U.S. tour to do Glastonbury on our day off. That's a long shot."

He sounds bitter/miserable lately, or the press are just making shit up

There's no business like shoe business :lol:

Seriously, this is getting better and better. Or, worse and worse, to be honest.

At least they quoted him correctly from the Q interview. I understand the disappointment and he isn't exaggerating. I think it really WAS unfortunate that they were forced to play under such miserable conditions. It was like everything including the elements were turning against them. Still I say they put on a very good show, especially if you consider the circumstances.

I can totally relate to Bono, I have to say this in his defense, since I've been really annoyed with the guy recently (like many others here, too), but I think it must have been really hard for him to be unable to give a really great performance because the conditions were so bad. He may have made a bad choice in terms of shoes, but I'm sure Bono would have given the best possible performance. It's not U2's fault, IMO, that things went wrong. And considering he had a very bad and serious injury a year before I must say that I do totally understand him. If you're traumatized like that by such a heavy injury you don't go out on an "icy" stage like there's no tomorrow. It's good he's taking care, but it's unfortunate that the media reports make him sound much more bitter and whiney than he actually is. He didn't come across to me like that when I read the Q article, I was just annoyed that Q was calling the Glasto performance a "terrible disappointment", because it wasn't.

I blame post tour blues. I had heard that he wanted to keep going.

And who are these disappointed fans? As I recall, the Glastonbury show prompted more fans to make the pilgrimage to Moncton.

^Yay Adam. Put these Bono rumors to rest. At least we know U2 will still be together on 2 Nov. I'm sure Stipes influenced Bono's mentality, since they are friends off-camera.

It's very scary to come to Interference these days. It's like fearing that you will come home to find a note saying your parents hae divorced. Or worse. But that's just my fears, don't mind me

^

It's very scary to come to Interference these days. It's like fearing that you will come home to find a note saying your parents hae divorced. Or worse. But that's just my fears, don't mind me
I know! That's exactly how I feel lately.

Bono blames 'wrong shoes' for Glastonbury letdown - Yahoo! omg! UK

Bono blames 'wrong shoes' for Glastonbury letdown

U2 star Bono has confessed he was left disappointed by the band's prestigious headline set at this year's Glastonbury festival, blaming driving rain and "the wrong shoes" for their subdued performance.
The Irish rockers topped the bill at the iconic festival in June, a year after they were forced to pull out when the singer hurt his back.
But the hotly-anticipated performance - which took place during a huge downpour - left many fans disappointed, and now Bono has spoken out to explain the reasons for the muted show.
He blames a DJ for accidentally sabotaging the band's equipment, and the rainstorm which turned the stage into a treacherous "ice rink", admitting the band was "freaked out" by the occasion.
Bono tells Q magazine, "There were a couple of things... There was a DJ under the stage, playing music in between sets, and he bumped into our keyboard computer. So we lost all the keyboards.
"I walked out and realised that the stage was like an ice rink and I was wearing the wrong shoes. I couldn't move - I was stuck on the spot. We were a bit freaked out. We had come in the middle of a U.S. tour to do Glastonbury on our day off. That's a long shot."

He sounds bitter/miserable lately, or the press are just making shit up

He did mentioned the wet stage in the studio interview right after the gig but he didn't sound bitter over it, more like he thought it was a bit funny.
The first thought that hit my mind when I saw that wet stage was "Don't you dare try to run or jump on that." I'm sure he would have slide right of stage if he tried.

Adam on BBC 6

Adam said they will start working on the new album in earnest next year.
Not a word about splitting up, but I missed the beginning. So I don't know if there was any reference to Bono's comment.

Great interview! :up:

Adam didn't say anything about Bono's statements or about the band quitting at all, but did say that they are working with Danger Mouse and will work on the new album "proper" after the New Year. So, if anyone is tearing their hair out over the idea of U2 breaking up next year, you can stop now.

Great interview! :up:

Adam didn't say anything about Bono's statements or about the band quitting at all, but did say that they are working with Danger Mouse and will work on the new album "proper" after the New Year. So, if anyone is tearing their hair out over the idea of U2 breaking up next year, you can stop now.

Working with Danger Mouse sounds like a very good idea.

I love Daniel Lanois. I love Brian Eno. I love Flood. I love Steve Lillywhite BUT... I think a new approach and LACK of familiarity with working methods might be what the doctor ordered.

New blood in the studio. Someone to 'dream it all up again' with. :D

T'is my humble POV.

:up:

I´m sure that the press misunderstood him, he once said that they were going to have a rest for a year or something like that. I´m fed up with those news that said "U2´re going to split up".....

Working with Danger Mouse sounds like a very good idea.

I love Daniel Lanois. I love Brian Eno. I love Flood. I love Steve Lillywhite BUT... I think a new approach and LACK of familiarity with working methods might be what the doctor ordered.

New blood in the studio. Someone to 'dream it all up again' with. :D

T'is my humble POV.

:up:

Hope they find the new groove/sound Bono is so desperately seeking. I think Bono is going through midlife crisis (although I racall an old quote where he claimed he had his midlife crisis in his 20s). He looks back on all his done and thinks that the last album 'didn't do so well' and Glastonbury 'bombed', so he's in a funk

Back
Top Bottom