PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can someone please post a youtube version of the "Bono in hospital"video, because all I get is blocked images, and a sweeky sound:huh:
thank you!

from atu2.com:

Confirmed: U2's 'North Star' Appears In Transformers Movie@U2, June 27, 2011

We can confirm one of the rumors that's been going around over the past couple weeks: U2's "North Star," a new song that debuted last year during the U2 360 tour, appears in the new film, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. @U2 reader Andreas K. saw a screening of the film today (Monday), and tells us that the song can be heard twice in the first half hour of the film for about a minute. Andreas says it has "a great guitar solo" and compared it to the version that U2 played last year on tour:

It was the same tune, the same melody but it had a rich production. It wasn't unplugged. It had a mellow piano and violins. I could say that it sounded like "Winter" from the Brothers movie -- they could be heard back-to-back in a new album. I must say that it sounds like such a great song, a big and touching ballad.

"North Star" doesn't appear on the officially released Transformers soundtrack, just in the film. (FECK)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon is released later this week, on June 29th.

Cute!! Bono is a photographer himself I suspect since he loves cameras so much and apparantly knows how to work them! :heart:

My former g/f met Bono when he was in LA during the filming of "Million Dollar Hotel". She had her digital camera - a bit of a new thing at the time. Bono was intrigued by it and asked her lots of questions about it.

That makes sense what he says about the wanting to barf before taking the stage. The pressure was so intense and it seems these days U2 gets ripped for anything they do or worse yet, neutral reviews (except Rolling Stone) for their work lately. But not from us loyal fans ofcourse! :)

Also, I have always known like most of you guys, that his cockiness on stage has been an act..and really underneath he is a humble fellow so the stage fright thing makes sense. At least that is what I think based on interviews and past remarks he has made about how performing is a magic trick and an act.
He also said recently that he admires Oprah so much because she is totally unselfconscious in the public eye.

That makes sense what he says about the wanting to barf before taking the stage. The pressure was so intense and it seems these days U2 gets ripped for anything they do or worse yet, neutral reviews (except Rolling Stone) for their work lately. But not from us loyal fans ofcourse! :)

Also, I have always known like most of you guys, that his cockiness on stage has been an act..and really underneath he is a humble fellow so the stage fright thing makes sense. At least that is what I think based on interviews and past remarks he has made about how performing is a magic trick and an act.
He also said recently that he admires Oprah so much because she is totally unselfconscious in the public eye.

No shit, they are nervous, but I can easily tell it was the most vervous I've EVER seen U2.
They weren't comfortable with the huge gap in between the audience, especially Bono, but even Larry pointed it out
(big up to him for critisising that, becuase the space in between is ridicoulous.
It did bother me as well. It felt different than any 360 gig.)
And the fact that they had to play as much song as possible in the short amount of time seemed to bother them the most.
Intro's like the one for streets where cut and yet they are oh so important for the whole spirit of a U2 set. It kind of made the band uncomfy.
They also lost timng several times, and hell, even Larry and Edge flubbed up.
None the less , they where working their asses of in the rain
and managed to put down a great gig, and even better , win over the crowd.

Next to that NME is the magazine that constantly writes a pile of shit about U2.
Even before they played Glasto they wrote a negative article about them performing there.
They are only interested in putting U2 down. And their so obvious in it.

No shit, they are nervous, but I can easily tell it was the most vervous I've EVER seen U2.
They weren't comfortable with the huge gap in between the audience, especially Bono, but even Larry pointed it out
(big up to him for critisising that, becuase the space in between is ridicoulous.
It did bother me as well. It felt different than any 360 gig.)
And the fact that they had to play as much song as possible in the short amount of time seemed to bother them the most.
Intro's like the one for streets where cut and yet they are oh so important for the whole spirit of a U2 set. It kind of made the band uncomfy.
They also lost timng several times, and hell, even Larry and Edge flubbed up.
None the less , they where working their asses of in the rain
and managed to put down a great gig, and even better , win over the crowd.

Next to that NME is the magazine that constantly writes a pile of shit about U2.
Even before they played Glasto they wrote a negative article about them performing there.
They are only interested in putting U2 down. And their so obvious in it.

There wasn't only the big gap between them and the audience but the mini ramp they brought was pretty small AND it was out in the rain.
On tv I could see the wood shimmer in the lights and I was thinking 'dear Bono, think about your back, do not go on there' and in the interview afterward with Jo and Zane he said he was scared to go on the ramp.
Just stay on the stage and sing
:lol:

So yeah they were definitely out of their comfort zone, but they really pulled it off.

Jeah , and you didn't even see the mud underneath it, That little ramp was held steady by some pieces of wood, in a layer of 3 inch deep mud. I had pre-show visions of Bono being Bono and faceplanting righ into that mud after slipping at the ramp. :lol:

Jeah , and you didn't even see the mud underneath it, That little ramp was held steady by some pieces of wood, in a layer of 3 inch deep mud. I had pre-show visions of Bono being Bono and faceplanting righ into that mud after slipping at the ramp. :lol:

He also said it was in like a sheet of ice up there on the stage.
So glad he didn't run around like a mad man this time, they did a fantastic job slight mistakes and all, like you pointed out previously.

The Edge: U2, Bono have not evaded taxes

Cori found this one... credit where credit is due...

The U2 evades Irish taxes (bullshit) is answered by... The Edge.

The Edge: U2, Bono have not evaded taxes

The recent letter to the editor entitled, "Senator Cardin's affection for Bono's foundation is indefensible," (July 7) by Simon Moroney contains so many inaccuracies that it is pointless to attempt to correct them all.

But the most serious inaccuracy is the totally false and possibly libelous accusation that U2 and Bono have, by moving a part of their business activities to Holland, been involved in tax evasion.

For the record U2 and the individual band members have a totally clean record with every jurisdiction to which they are required to pay tax and have never been and will never be involved in tax evasion.

Contrary to what Mr. Moroney writes, Ireland is, thankfully, not bankrupt.

Had he bothered to contact the Irish Ministry of Finance, as did Spin magazine journalist Steve Kandrell for his March 25th 2009 feature on U2, he would have discovered that they have no problem with U2 basing some of their business activities in Holland.

"People complained at the time," says Owen Durgan of the Ministry of Finance. "But we have companies moving here from the rest of the EU, so it all evens out. We wouldn't make an issue of it."

Furthermore, since he is a federal worker, it might interest Mr. Moroney to know that U2 and its members have paid many, many millions of dollars in taxes to the United States Internal Revenue Service over the years.

I hope that his fears of an Obama tax increase affecting him personally turn out to be as unfounded as his statements about U2's tax affairs and Bono's ONE campaign.

The Edge

The writer is a member of the band U2.

The Edge: U2, Bono have not evaded taxes - baltimoresun.com

SO they don't do local TV interviews durng the last lap of the tour (ie: now)? Cos there's nothing for them to publicize anymore, right? All tickets have been sold and stuff.

I'm so damn depressed this tour is ending :sad::sad::sad:

Wow, Edge must have been really annoyed to respond like that (and rightly so!).

SO they don't do local TV interviews durng the last lap of the tour (ie: now)? Cos there's nothing for them to publicize anymore, right? All tickets have been sold and stuff.

I'm so damn depressed this tour is ending :sad::sad::sad:

Yeah, I miss seeing them on TV and in big magazine interviews. :( It's been a long time since they've done one of those.

Back
Top Bottom