PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I thought it's just the way Twitter language works :wink:

Of course it could be fake but I don't see any indications that it's NOT Brian Eno.

Is there a twitter account for the "real" Eno?

If it's fake, there's even less reason to worry.

nah, it goes beyond lazy writing/text speak or even dyslexia ;) ... they're actually trying really hard, to the extent that they're capitalising every word, but their syntax gives them away... there's loads of mistakes that a native English speaker wouldn't make... "An Wonderful Night", for example... oh there's tons of stuff, it's quite hilarious really reading thru it if you're a language nerd like me lol :D

and another one: "I Saw You Alive In London" - i guess he meant he saw whoever he was referring to "live" in London lol!!

so anyway, yeah, it's not Eno lol

I think what caught me off guard and annoyed me was:

1) It's Christmas time. Don't be kicking puppies and punch kittens during the holidays. Bring reality January 2nd. Let me believe that U2 will go on forever and never burn out.

2) Even if there were mumblings within the ranks, why would you as an outsider report it? If I were a close friend of the band, I wouldn't tweeting or blogging about something that large. And if it is Brian Eno and he speaketh the truth.....I'd be pissed if I were in the band. That news should come from them or Fatty McG.

If it turns out to actually be Brian Eno, I'll be crushed because I would have thought he'd sound a bit more intelligent (even via Twitter) and not quite like such a knob Who Likes To Capitalize Inappropriately.

another one from imbrianeno: "Thank You For E-mailing Me This, And Thank You For Being So Gently With Me, I Don't Think I Deserve The 3th Place."

that is so definitely not written by an English person... i can't believe this ineloquent twit is trying to fool people into thinking he's Eno, really...

2) Even if there were mumblings within the ranks, why would you as an outsider report it? If I were a close friend of the band, I wouldn't tweeting or blogging about something that large. And if it is Brian Eno and he speaketh the truth.....I'd be pissed if I were in the band. That news should come from them or Fatty McG.

That's a good point. If U2 really were quitting, I don't think the real Brian Eno would blab on Twitter about something that serious.

I found the Interview magazine with the U2 story by accident today. I didn't think that magazine would be available here at all. I bought it, though it's a little expensive and there's a lot of ads in there, but the U2 interview is pretty cool.

I was expecting something a lot more harsh with that link, both with the Gawker article and the comments.

The way that article read, I'm not exactly convinced that was even remotely tongue-in-cheek. :lol:

Excellent quality of the Metallica skit --> Metallica.com | Videos | 30th Anniversary Testimonials (click 'U2' on the left to bring up the clip)

bonoglassesmetallica.jpg

Are those little diamonds on Bono's sunglasses? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom