PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many more albums do they have left with Live Nation? If I were the band, I'd be pissed for him making statements like that on their behalf. Go rip him a new one, Larry.

Is he even producing whatever they're working on?! I didn't really think so...

Maybe he's not and he's pissed, and this is his revenge.

McG has spoken! I don't think Eno would want to get into a fight with him...:lol:

Is he even producing whatever they're working on?! I didn't really think so...

Maybe he's not and he's pissed, and this is his revenge.

McG has spoken! I don't think Eno would want to get into a fight with him...:lol:

PMcG post a response? I never look at Twitter anymore - sadly....

That's fairly irresponsible of him Tweet. Don't they have like 3 albums worth of music written and mostly done? I hope he retracts that statement or someone like McG says it's hogwash....

GraceRyan said:
That's fairly irresponsible of him Tweet. Don't they have like 3 albums worth of music written and mostly done? I hope he retracts that statement or someone like McG says it's hogwash....

It is a little irresponsible considering the kind of speculation that could cause, I don't think they would really appreciate it. And you were asking about the contract, it's up in 2020.

ryancoke71 said:
Still, just seeing it makes me ill.

Tru dat. Coldness spread from my chest outwards and my stomach turned inside out. :|

i call absolute bollox...

it's a hoax guys! if you look at this person's other tweets it clearly sounds like English isn't his/her/its first language, for instance "It Was Magic, Thank You Guys That Attended To The O2 Arena Yesterday" - not to mention the dodgy capitalisation! :lol:

i call absolute bollox...

it's a hoax guys! if you look at this person's other tweets it clearly sounds like English isn't his/her/its first language, for instance "It Was Magic, Thank You Guys That Attended To The O2 Arena Yesterday" :lol:

Bollocks not bollox... So now i can't believe you! You too make faults.

Bollocks not bollox... So now i can't believe you! You too make faults.

dear nesquick, there is a difference between deliberate misspelling for slang purposes and syntax that clearly derives from another language

taking your comment for instance, "make faults" isn't grammatically correct either and, as a linguist, it's easy to tell that you're a non-English speaker just based on your syntax in general... :wave:

the fake eno tweeter's "Attended To" clearly derives from a non-English verb structure like "assister à" (taking French as an example)...

nah, i was just trying to point out it's clearly a hoax, to stop everyone panicking lol :hug:

dear nesquick, there is a difference between deliberate misspelling for slang purposes and syntax that clearly derives from another language

taking your comment for instance, "make faults" isn't grammatically correct either and, as a linguist, it's easy to tell that you're a non-English speaker just based on your syntax in general... :wave:

the fake eno tweeter's "Attended To" clearly derives from a non-English verb structure like "assister à" (taking French as an example)...

I was just killing but thanks for your explanations!
What is the right words that this fake eno should have written?
(Now because of you i feel like i'm writting english as a pig.....)

I was just killing but thanks for your explanations!
What is the right words that this fake eno should have written?

"attended" on its own would have been ok - "attend to" means something completely different in English - "to care for", "look into" etc... but someone whose first language is English might have written something more like "thanks to everyone who came to the O2 last night" - the Eno tweeter's writing is just completely stilted so it's clear that their first language isn't English, hence it's a hoax...

(Now because of you i feel like i'm writting english as a pig.....)

and no, you shouldn't feel like that - i was just using an example of how syntax can show where people come from... some linguists can narrow it down to regional variations even... i'm fluent in French but when i write in French i still sound like an English person writing in French lol! my grammar might be correct but my sentences don't flow in the same way a French writer's would, and my French is less wordy than a French person's but that's because we use fewer words in English to express the same thing... something like 25% less actually...

so don't take it personally - i think it's great that you post on an English-speaking forum - i think it takes guts to do that!

plus, it's not as if you're trying to fool people into thinking you're someone you're not like this Eno tweeter is doing... i would really like to kick his/her ass :D

Yes, french language is more accurate, we can say something in ten different ways or "very precisely" so it's very difficult for english to understand... We can also speaking like Tarzan with just a few words! but we like talking shit, it's a cultural thing!

^ :lmao: Don't stop

This can be an advantage not speaking too well especially with foreign girls! I've made out with an american girl last summer, from the bronx, she was laughing at me all the time! The less we speak the more we frenchkissed... We're saying in France " Femme qui rit, femme au lit" "Woman is laughing, woman in bed".

1. Profile seems to be legitimate, but what do I know

2. What's the fuzz and panicking about? "Maybe their last"?!?!? Huh, very scary. Every album they're doing "may be their last". So what? The band has been talking about this for years and years now. I'm sure Brian Eno doesn't know more than anyone else. I don't see the drama here. If he said: Bono called and told me the band is splitting up, now THAT would be a message.

3. New album "next year". Why isn't anyone talking about that? Sounds like really good news, IF true.

1. Profile seems to be legitimate, but what do I know

2. What's the fuzz and panicking about? "Maybe their last"?!?!? Huh, very scary. Every album they're doing "may be their last". So what? The band has been talking about this for years and years now. I'm sure Brian Eno doesn't know more than anyone else. I don't see the drama here. If he said: Bono called and told me the band is splitting up, now THAT would be a message.

3. New album "next year". Why isn't anyone talking about that? Sounds like really good news, IF true.
:up:

Back
Top Bottom