PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And now we can start the political bashing. :D

But if it's about World Aids Day, how can you fault that? It's like outlawing puppies.

Has anyone been able to get a grip on that Interview magazine issue with U2 or does anyone know when it will be out? I looked for it today, but there was no Interview issue in sight, not even an old one.

I question a few people as well but 38 isn't all that bad. I think he could be a little higher but he doesn't always get the credit he deserves. I also think Jimmy Page should not be #3. That's too low for him. I know everyone wants to put Jimi Hendrix as number 1 but I'd much rather see Jimmy Page in that spot. But that's just me. I grew up a huge metal fan and every guitarist from those bands all give Jimmy the credit for them picking up a guitar.

Pretty amazing he even got to the list compared to how much crap he gets from most guitar players about how fake he is.
Seems there are still people who prefer a guitar player with functioning brains, and a lot of soul.

I didn't see that others posted about the TV appearances this week.
Jon Stewart Wednesday night
Good Morning America Thursday
Ellen Thursday

I have my DVR set since I'll be at work for 2 of those.

I didn't see that others posted about the TV appearances this week.
Jon Stewart Wednesday night
Good Morning America Thursday
Ellen Thursday

I have my DVR set since I'll be at work for 2 of those.

:bow: Would love if you could share the goods, especially the Ellen and Jon Steward interview.
Infact.... I want it all! *breaks into Queen riffs*

Stalker update. Bono is in Amsterdam today. He'll be singing with Chris Martin at an event where Anton Corbijn will receive a prize from our princess Maxima.

Goddamnit, he's so close. :sad:

It's confirmed by major radio stations here. I do not see what's supposedly fake about this. Bono and Chris Martin are both good friends of Anton, whose been significant for both their bands. And Herbert Gronemeyer will be there too. They'll be performing with our Metropole Orchestra.

Nieuws - 3FM - Serious Radio

Its true,

Anton is recieving the Prins bernhard Culture Fund prize (which is an annual prize for Dutch artists who made an outstanding contribution to the Dutch art on an international scale)
Bono and Chris are some of his main subjects, the event is in a concert hall, so a performance is possible.

Omg its going to be awesome if Bono sings with that Orchestra :drool:

Its on the Funds site and confirmed by a radio station who are always very carefull with what they publish.

Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds - 16-06-2011 Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds Prijs 2011 toegekend aan Anton Corbijn

Finally he's here again. But yeah , I'm not going to travel 3 hours to see him at the red carpet..
Tickets are not available to public. :scream:

Just on the news: No tickets, and insane security due to Royal Family presence.

Bono will not only be singing, he'll also recite a poem by his late friend Dutch artist Herman Brood. In English though, not in Dutch. :wink:

It's confirmed by major radio stations here. I do not see what's supposedly fake about this. Bono and Chris Martin are both good friends of Anton, whose been significant for both their bands. And Herbert Gronemeyer will be there too. They'll be performing with our Metropole Orchestra.

Nieuws - 3FM - Serious Radio

Ok. Herbert :up:

But please not another horrible version of "Mensch" like they did at the P8 concert in 2007.

Should be interesting.

Ok. Herbert :up:

But please not another horrible version of "Mensch" like they did at the P8 concert in 2007.

Should be interesting.

:lmao: I remember that. Bono looked like he was in excruciating pain.
And his German was so funnyyyyy, he couldn't keep up.:cute:

:lmao: I remember that. Bono looked like he was in excruciating pain.
And his German was so funnyyyyy, he couldn't keep up.:cute:

I was there at this show, it was great, but hearing Bono sing German still makes me cringe. "Mensch" is such a beautiful song, I'm not so sure Bono really knew what exactly he was singing.

I was there at this show, it was great, but hearing Bono sing German still makes me cringe. "Mensch" is such a beautiful song, I'm not so sure Bono really knew what exactly he was singing.

I don't even know why he tried to sing it, people would have been happier with another performance of One.
I'm not a big fan of Herbert, he has good texts, and great points ,
but yeah. Not my type.

Bono is going to sing One with the orchestra, he and Chris Martin arrived together at the event. It should begin in about half an hour, they're already in the building. As is our princess.

I don't even know why he tried to sing it, people would have been happier with another performance of One.
I'm not a big fan of Herbert, he has good texts, and great points ,
but yeah. Not my type.

Herbert is an amazing showman, I think his more recent records are under-appreciated. He has some really great lyrics, very profound. However, some people find his very characteristical singing style a bit annoying :lol:

I hope there will be some pictures or videos of this performance in Amsterdam. And I hope Chris Martin doesn't ruin one. Man, he must have the time of his life tonight.

Herbert is an amazing showman, I think his more recent records are under-appreciated. He has some really great lyrics, very profound. However, some people find his very characteristical singing style a bit annoying :lol:

I hope there will be some pictures or videos of this performance in Amsterdam. And I hope Chris Martin doesn't ruin one. Man, he must have the time of his life tonight.

They are broadcasting at least a part of bono's performance in a few minutes on dutch radio.
And from last years winner , I found some video material too.
So I guess it will be posted later.
Plus if the royals are there, press will be there too.
:corn:

Back
Top Bottom