PLEBA Misc News and Articles #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono Turns 50

U2 frontman BONO is celebrating his 50th birthday on Monday (10May10), marking a career which has taken him from early rehearsals in a pal's kitchen to international rock star, leading campaigner on humanitarian issues, and Nobel Peace Prize nominee.
The singer formed U2 in 1976 after answering an advert for musicians posted by drummer Larry Mullen, Jr., joining him, guitarist The Edge, and bass player Adam Clayton for auditions in Mullen's kitchen.
He is now one of the most famous and iconic frontmen in rock - and to celebrate his landmark birthday, WENN has collected 10 fascinating facts about Bono.
- Born Paul David Hewson, the rocker's nickname derives from the Latin word "bonavox" - meaning "good voice".
- His various humanitarian work around the globe and his efforts to raise awareness of Aids in Africa earned him the Nobel Peace Prize's Man of Peace title in 2008. He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003.
- His favourite food is fish and chips, and his favourite drink is Jack Daniels or tea.
- Bono is a keen chess player, falling in love with the game at the age of 12 after he became "fascinated" with its grandmasters.
- In 2007, he was given an honorary knighthood by Britain's Queen Elizabeth II for his tireless campaigning.
- The singer's trademark sunglasses are not just a rock 'n' roll fashion statement - his eyes are over-sensitive to light.
- Bono has enjoyed several forays into acting - he had small roles in Million Dollar Hotel and Across The Universe.
- During U2's Zoo TV Tour in the early 1990s, Bono's onstage alter-egos included The Fly, Mirror Ball Man, and Mr. MACPhisto.
- Bono and his U2 bandmates were nominated for a Best Original Song Oscar in 2003 for the track The Hands That Built America, which featured on Gangs of New York - but lost out to Eminem's Lose Yourself, from the movie 8 Mile.
- He has collaborated with a huge range of artists in his career - including Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Jennifer Lopez, Frank Sinatra, and Luciano Pavarotti.

Thanks for sharing!!! Bono can come over to my house anytime to play chess with my husband while I make him tea!!!:cute:

Bono spends his special day with 'sweetest thing'

1105_bono_gexp_575782t.jpg

Bono and wife Ali Hewson seen in New York yesterday. Picture: Getty Images

By Ken Sweeney

Tuesday May 11 2010

BONO celebrated his 50th birthday in New York last night with his number one fan.
The U2 frontman chose to spend it alone with his 'sweetest thing': his wife of 28 years, Ali.
Sources say the setting for this most special of meals was Nobu restaurant in Manhattan, part owned by actor Robert De Niro.
The couple are big on birthdays; Bono famously penning U2 hit 'The Sweetest Thing' after forgetting his wife's birthday.
Traditionally, it's also a few days after his big day that Bono gets around to throwing a party.
However, this year it's understood celebrations have been suspended due to the death of broadcaster Gerry Ryan.
One friend of the singer said that while plans had been made for a number of Bono's pals to travel over to New York later this week, they were dropped. This was backed up by at least two of the U2 singer's best friends, screenwriter and singer Simon Carmody, and nightclub owner Robbie Fox telling friends they had no plans to travel over.
U2's publicist said Bono would be "taking the next few days off to spend with his family".
The 50-year old has had a hectic week after joining with fellow third world campaigner Bob Geldof to edit a special edition of Toronto's 'Globe and Mail' newspaper on Sunday.
Before leaving the newspaper on Sunday night the U2 star had 'Happy Birthday' sung to him by staff. Bono is at present residing in the US with his family while their family home in Killiney, Dublin, has a major extension built to its rear and roof.

Bono spends his special day with 'sweetest thing' - Celebrity News & Gossip, Independent Woman - Independent.ie

Sarah Jessica Parker, Bono, Uma Thurman and others attend a memorial service for Natasha Richardson
transparent.gif

By Mirror.co.uk 11/05/2010
Sarah Jessica Parker was just one of many stars who attended a memorial service for Natasha Richardson at Studio 54 theater in Manhattan.

Bono spends his special day with 'sweetest thing'

1105_bono_gexp_575782t.jpg

Bono and wife Ali Hewson seen in New York yesterday. Picture: Getty Images

By Ken Sweeney

Tuesday May 11 2010

BONO celebrated his 50th birthday in New York last night with his number one fan.
The U2 frontman chose to spend it alone with his 'sweetest thing': his wife of 28 years, Ali.
Sources say the setting for this most special of meals was Nobu restaurant in Manhattan, part owned by actor Robert De Niro.
The couple are big on birthdays; Bono famously penning U2 hit 'The Sweetest Thing' after forgetting his wife's birthday.
Traditionally, it's also a few days after his big day that Bono gets around to throwing a party.
However, this year it's understood celebrations have been suspended due to the death of broadcaster Gerry Ryan.
One friend of the singer said that while plans had been made for a number of Bono's pals to travel over to New York later this week, they were dropped. This was backed up by at least two of the U2 singer's best friends, screenwriter and singer Simon Carmody, and nightclub owner Robbie Fox telling friends they had no plans to travel over.
U2's publicist said Bono would be "taking the next few days off to spend with his family".
The 50-year old has had a hectic week after joining with fellow third world campaigner Bob Geldof to edit a special edition of Toronto's 'Globe and Mail' newspaper on Sunday.
Before leaving the newspaper on Sunday night the U2 star had 'Happy Birthday' sung to him by staff. Bono is at present residing in the US with his family while their family home in Killiney, Dublin, has a major extension built to its rear and roof.

Bono spends his special day with 'sweetest thing' - Celebrity News & Gossip, Independent Woman - Independent.ie

They all seem to forget they also had to celebrate Jordan's 21st on the same day..

The American Ireland Fund : Bono's Address at the AIF's NY Diinner Gala : 5.6.10

The American Ireland Fund New York Dinner Gala : 5.6.10

The transcript of Bono's address to the attendees at the Gala:

Ok. Indulge me if you will.

Let me return to the frustration of my youth and describe to you what music meant to me growing up on the north side of Dublin in the bleak and beleaguered 60’s and 70’s.
It meant everything.
EVERYTHING.

The music was inside me, my frustration was how to get it out.
There was a long distance between where I was as a song writer and where I wanted to be… the distance between the note and the fret I suppose.
I had a few ‘difficulties’ on my way to being a musician if that’s the right word… and a lot of them stemmed from the fact that I did not have music lessons.

I remember standing with my head just below the level of the black and tobacco keys of my Granny’s piano.

I could reach them but I couldn’t see them, I was that small… you still are I hear you say… I could hear the hammer hit the string and bone machine but I didn’t know why, after choosing one ivory, I could hear a sort a sort of rhyme for the note in my head, leading me through the din and clangour of choices to a melody.

Composition.
I was song writing by accident, age 8.

If I stood on the sustain pedal of the piano, the room would change shape into a cathedral, I knew then that music was a playground that for the rest of my life I would be chasing in.

Reverb… echo… the sound of your own voice… yes I know …

Only problem was they sold the piano.

There was no room in the two up, two down, outside toilet, redbrick for music now that there were more grandchildren than money…

I lost the argument to bring it to our house in Ballymun.
I wanted to learn how to play the melodies I heard in my head.

Poor Bono.
No. Poor you.

Megalomania for me started at a very early age, probably this age.
Everyone was going to pay for this… everyone was going to have to listen to me… Revenge like this takes a lifetime…

Revenge… on my father, a beautiful tenor who conducted our stereo with knitting needles, who never even imagined music might be handed down through the DNA like his bad back … and so never bothered to bother us about learning an instrument.

I cannot exaggerate to you this frustration… and whilst I know that the lack of musical instruction sent me and indeed U2 into exploring some original territory, meaning we wrote our own songs because we couldn’t play anyone else’s… I wouldn’t wish this frustration on anyone else.

Which brings me to the Music Network Scheme.

* The rest of the transcript from Bono's appearance last week at the American Ireland Funds Award dinner can be found at the link above. :up:

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :bono: :heart::heart: :hug:

From Mr. Neil McCormick :cute:

Bono's Half Century

Today (Monday 10th) is Bono’s 50th birthday. The U2 singer has been on the planet for half a century, although for some it will probably seem longer. A band leader since he was 15, a rock star by the time he was 21, a global superstar at the age of 27, Bono has become one of the most ubiquitous celebrities on the planet, straddling the worlds of showbusiness and politics by the bridge of charitable activism.

Immediately recognisable by his trademark sunglasses and bullish Irish charm, Bono may be the most divisive, love-him-or-hate-him character in modern pop culture. For fans, and there are tens of millions of them, he is the greatest rock star of our age, a passionate heir to the pop art activism of John Lennon, leader of one the most extraordinary (and biggest selling) bands of our times. For his detractors, he is an egotistic pain in the neck, a God-bothering do-gooder always sticking his face where it doesn’t belong as a self-appointed, unelected, Messianic representative of the world’s poor, narcissistically boosting his self-esteem by hectoring and cajoling others to think of those worse of than themselves whilst hypocritically living the indulgent life of a super-rich, over-privileged tax dodger. I think that about covers it.

As a long-time friend and admirer, I have never quite understood why people get so upset about someone so obviously trying to do good, and indeed why people are so willing to ascribe negative values to transparently positive intentions. I have defended Bono before, which only unleashes ever increasing torrents of abuse. In my experience as a prolific music blogger, I have learned there are two things you cannot say without drawing the vitriol of poison posters: criticise Abba, or praise Bono.

It seems to me that this polarity of opinion regarding Bono has become so extreme, people no longer treat him as a human being. Rather he is a kind of idea of an image of a caricature of a caricature, and no matter what he says or does it will be twisted one way or another to serve pro and anti opinion of Bono, Saint or Devil.

The peculiar thing for me, of course, is that I not only know Bono, I’ve known him since before he became Bono. He wasn’t always a rock star, but he was always a complex, driven, passionate, mischievous but intensely well-meaning and essentially sincere character. He is a year older than me, and I always looked up to him and considered him a bit of a hero even in the corridors of a comprehensive school in Dublin. He was a nice guy then, and he’s a nice guy now. He’s married to his childhood sweetheart, our classmate Alison Stewart, which would be quite an achievement even if he weren’t a rock star with all the indulgence and privileges that career allows. Such is his media ubiquity, the modern Bono sometimes seems to know every significant figure on the planet, from popes to president to film stars and supermodels, but actually he still hangs out with a lot of the same friends he had back in those days. He’s fun to be around, clever and entertaining and a great includer, so that he draws people in, remembers peoples names, asks about wives and children, makes people feel that it is not all about him but about everyone present. And he’s such a passionate believer in the positive power of people to change the world that he is a hugely inspirational character to be around.

If he does seem a larger than life character it’s because he has allowed his extraordinary life to really fill him up. I love Brian Eno’s response when he was asked about Bono’s big ego. “Bono commits the crime of rising above your station. To the British, it’s the worst thing you can do. Bono is hated for doing something considered unbecoming for a pop star – meddling in things that apparently have nothing to do with him. He has a huge ego, no doubt about it. On the other hand, he has a huge brain and a huge heart. He’s just a big kind of person. That’s not easy for some to deal with. They don’t mind in Italy. They like larger-than-life people there. In most places in the world they don’t mind him. Here, they think he must be conning them.”
I remember the moment that inner rock star was unleashed, in the Mount Temple school gym, in Autumn 1976, when the band that would become U2 played their first show. He stood on a stage of school tables held together by masking tape and, as the band played Peter Frampton’s ‘Show Me The Way’, he picked up the microphone and started to stamp and roar. It was like an electric charge went through the room. The girls in the gymnasium actually started to scream. It was a transformative moment, no doubt about it. “It was really a feeling of liberation,” Bono told me once. “It’s like you’ve jumped into the sea and discovered you can swim. Everything changed for me, cause now I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.”

And so Bono became a rock star. But he never stopped being himself. He’s fifty years old now, married with children of his own, a loyal husband, a good father, a genuinely nice guy. When I see him now, I can still recognise the boy in the man. I wish more people could see that. But, in thirty years of rock and roll, his detractors haven’t managed to bring him down yet. I’m betting he’s going to be getting on their nerves for a while yet.

I love this article :) :cute:

Bono's first 50 years: the music, the politics, the sunglasses

Hard to believe, but Bono’s already burned through his first 50 years on Earth. Don’t let those fresh looks fool you though. Having achieved godlike rock status he’s on to his next job: Saving Africa, ending poverty and the scourge of Aids. (The post of President of the Earth hasn’t been established just yet.)

As Bono turns 50, spare a thought for a man you’ve probably never heard of before. His name is Richard “Dik” Evans. In 1976 together with Paul David Hewson (Bono), Adam Clayton, and his brother David Evans (The Edge) he’d answer a newspaper advert stuck on a bulletin board calling for members for a new rock band. The four would audition, but soon after in a key moment of separating fortunes, Bono and friends would abandon doing cover songs in favour of writing original material and move on to form a group called U2. Dik Evans would choose to leave just before the formation of U2 to join a band called The Virgin Prunes

The rest of the story is rock history. Dik would fade into obscurity, his only fame by proxy of his brother The Edge. Bono would become an overachieving legend. Not happy with global domination as frontman for one of the greatest bands of all time, or with being arguably one of the biggest singer-songwriters of his time, Bono, like Geldof before him, would put Africa on his list of “things to save”.

Born in an ordinary hospital to a working-class Dublin family on 10 May 1960, Paul David Hewson would be reborn as Bono thanks to his friend Gavin Friday and group of mates who were in the habit of giving each other nicknames. After several iterations Paul became Bono, and although he didn’t warm to the name initially, it sat more comfortably when he learned that Bono was a derivative of “bona vox” which translated from the Latin means “good voice

When he was 14, Bono suffered a significant trauma when his mother collapsed and later died after suffering a cerebral aneurysm at her father’s funeral. The pain of this loss is evident in many of his songs, including “I will follow” which the group have played on just about every tour, becoming U2’s most frequently played number

Winner of 22 Grammy Awards, Bono pens most U2 songs which have ranged from the early inspired religious themes, to political statements to the more recent personal and self-deprecating. In 2005 with the rest of U2, Bono was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Three years later Rolling Stone magazine would list him as one of the greatest singers of all time. Having sold more than 150 million albums, U2’s latest are less remarkable than the earlier hit spinners like “The Joshua Tree”, “War” and “Achtung Baby

Nowadays Bono’s focus is increasingly geared toward solving the problem of poverty, saving Africa and championing the fight against Aids. Like Sir Bob before him Bono travelled to Ethiopia after 1985’s Live Aid concert and was reborn as a self-styled superhero with the view that “every human life has equal worth".
This has spawned a number of pop-styled Bono movements to end Africa’s woes including “The Campaign to Make Poverty History” and Product (RED). The latter is a consumerist-type fundraising campaign that encourages people to buy, buy, buy designer branded products to raise funds for Aids drugs in impoverished Africa. As Bono once said: "Rock stars always want to do two things. They want to have fun and change the world. If you can do both at the same time you're okay.” Bono has won way too many humanitarian awards to mention here, but the bigger ones include being nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 and an honorary knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II in 2007.

Thanks to his humanitarian efforts, Bono is now rubbing shoulders with global leaders, speaking at world economic forums and addressing political and economic heavyweights at platforms such as Davos. Nowadays the songwriter with “good voice” is telling world leaders how to be good and save the world

How will the rock god celebrate his half-century? According to the Irish press, he’ll be having an intimate do with a few close friends in New York. Oh, for a look at that guest list.

anyone catch Glee tonight? They sang One!
earlier before the episode aired (a couple days ago i think) I said i didn't like their version after listening to the clip. After watching the show WITH them singing, it was actually good. You'd have to see it to get it, kinda moving too. But then again, maybe you'd have to be a Gleek to understand :wink:
I don't like their version much just listening to the song(don't get me wrong, the cast has great voices, I just like the original best of course!), but watching it with the show it went great together. so check it out if you guys want. the episode will probably be on www.fox.com/glee tomorrow!

Kiss invite Rolling Stones and U2 to 'come play with us'
Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Similarly energetic rock bands such as U2 and the Rolling Stones have been commended by Kiss star Gene Simmons.

The bassist and singer has invited the music legends to perform with Kiss in what would be a dream concert for many rock fans.

Speaking about the spectacular show Kiss put on for ticket holders to their concerts, Simmons said in an interview with the BBC: "We're proud of our energy, we welcome any band that has the courage to get on stage with us.

"U2, Rolling Stones - we like you very much. Come play with us."

Paul Stanley, Kiss's guitarist, also admitted the band had a penchant for British music, describing Kiss as "dyed in the wool Anglophiles".

"Growing up - we wanted to be in The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Kinks, The Yardbirds, The Pretty Things," he said.

Kiss are currently nearing the end of the UK leg of their Sonic Boom over Europe Tour. They have two gigs remaining - at Wembley Stadium on May 12th and 13th.

Posted by Samuel Ball

Kiss invite Rolling Stones and U2 to 'come play with us' - viagogo ticket exchange

Sorry for the double post:doh:
Kiss invite Rolling Stones and U2 to 'come play with us'
Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Similarly energetic rock bands such as U2 and the Rolling Stones have been commended by Kiss star Gene Simmons.

The bassist and singer has invited the music legends to perform with Kiss in what would be a dream concert for many rock fans.

Speaking about the spectacular show Kiss put on for ticket holders to their concerts, Simmons said in an interview with the BBC: "We're proud of our energy, we welcome any band that has the courage to get on stage with us.

"U2, Rolling Stones - we like you very much. Come play with us."

Paul Stanley, Kiss's guitarist, also admitted the band had a penchant for British music, describing Kiss as "dyed in the wool Anglophiles".

"Growing up - we wanted to be in The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Kinks, The Yardbirds, The Pretty Things," he said.

Kiss are currently nearing the end of the UK leg of their Sonic Boom over Europe Tour. They have two gigs remaining - at Wembley Stadium on May 12th and 13th.

Posted by Samuel Ball

Kiss invite Rolling Stones and U2 to 'come play with us' - viagogo ticket exchange

Thanks for sharing! I couldn't even begin to imagine what a show that would be...U2, the Stones, and Kiss. It would sell out in minutes!

A ‘Good’ Guide to the Cannes Film Festival

By Monique Jessen | Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:01 AM ET

</DIV>As the French Film Festival kicks off its 63rd year, we look beyond the glitz and glamour of the red carpet and take a peek at all the good deeds and fundraising efforts planned.

With its lavish parties and glamorous premieres, the Festival de Cannes has gained quite a reputation since its launch in 1946. Originally intended to attract a few extra tourists to the small seaside town, it has since become the world's biggest celebration of cinema, attracting scores of Hollywood's leading stars. Arriving en masse, the actors and actresses spend their days at press conferences, junkets and photo shoots and their evenings at swanky parties on the beach. But there is another side to the film festival that puts a good spin on all that champagne swilling and self-promotion — every year it raises heaps of cash for charity.
Leading the way is amfAR's Cinema Against Aids event, which is now in its 17th year. The black-tie event has become a firm fixture on the Cannes party circuit ever since Elizabeth Taylor took to the stage in 1993 to host the organization's first ever auction and dinner during the festival. In recent years Sharon Stone has taken up the post and in 2009, the actress and AIDS campaigner helped to raise $4.5 million for the organization's lifesaving AIDS research

This year, the Hollywood heavyweights will be summoned once again to the glamorous Hotel du Cap in Antibes for a cocktail party, dinner and auction to take place on May 20. And there's sure to be some surprises! At last year's event, Sharon Stone cajoled Twilight's Robert Pattinson into auctioning off kisses, well two kisses to be exact (it started off with the promise of a solitary peck on the cheek for a female fan but Stone can be quite persuasive) for a staggering $28,000 per kiss. Josh Hartnett offered to strip (strangely no-takers) and Bill Clinton auctioned off his personal saxophone for a staggering $130,000 (see above).
Due to Stone's filming commitments in Thailand, she will be handing over the reigns to Scottish actor and loyal amfAR supporter, Alan Cumming this year while celebs such as Emily Blunt, Diane Kruger, Kirsten Dunst, Marion Cotillard and Benicio Del Toro will be in the audience, with Mary J. Blige performing. Well, no one said philanthropy couldn't be fun, right? "This year's Cinema Against AIDS Cannes will be as star-studded as ever and will be filled with many exciting surprises," amfAR's CEO Kevin Robert Frost tells Tonic. "We are on track to raise significant funds for our life-saving AIDS research programs, thanks largely to the support of our sponsors, our event chairs and the international film community."
Other do-gooder party planners at the festival include Vanity Fair's editor Graydon Carter. In general terms, the hotter the party, the harder it is to get into which means that an invite to Carter's annual bash comes with its own fire extinguisher — it's that hot. This year, the editor who's joining forces with Gucci's creative director Frida Giannini for the May 15 soiree, decided to give a pair of tickets away for charity. Sold on Charitybuzz, the lot also includes a pair of tickets to the premiere after party of Blue Valentine, (starring Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams) and sold last week for approximately $15,000. Thanks to Carter and The Weinstein Company, the Center for the Advancement of Women, a charity dedicated to research-based education and advocacy for women just got a hefty donation.
From a business point of view, Cannes is all about selling and buying new films. But director Martin Scorsese takes his love of cinema to a whole new level with The Film Foundation, his nonprofit organization, which restores old films to their former glory. Thanks to donations from companies such as the Gucci group, the veteran director has been able to digitally restore some of Italy's most treasured film classics. The latest, Il Gattopardo (The Leopard) will premiere in Cannes on May 14 and will be celebrated at the Vanity Fair/Gucci party the following night.
It's a passion close to the heart of Gucci's Frida Giannini who can't wait to honor her friend Scorsese at the party. "We are proud to support the work of Martin Scorsese and The Film Foundation to keep these vibrant, timeless films alive," she said in a statement. "Through preservation, the legacy of visionary filmmakers like Luchino Visconti and Federico Fellini can continue to inspire us, as well as future generations." To date, the luxury fashion house has donated a cool $1.5 million to the foundation.

And it isn't just on the festival party circuit that good work can be seen in full swing. This year for the first time ever, Cannes will distribute its first unofficial gay award, called the Queer Palm in recognition of a film's contribution to gay or transgender themes, reports Screen Daily. An independent group came up with the idea after they were inspired by other festivals in Europe such as the Berlin Film Festival and Venice Film Festival where gay themes are celebrated with their own awards. The award will be debuted on May 22 at a special ceremony.
Other hot, charitable events during the 12-day extravaganza include a fundraiser hosted by Bono to raise money for Haiti and the BuyaMovieRole auction which will see people bidding on everything from film set visits and premiere tickets — all in the name of charity, of course.
So yes Cannes can be frivolous and superficial with the endless publicity stunts and who-wore-what headlines but it's also an amazing excuse to put all that celebrity power to some good and that's something worth raising a glass of bubbly to.

Wyclef Jean will join forces with Bono for a Haiti fundraiser.

As for Bono (yes, he’s left Toronto for Cannes), he seems to be pacing himself. He has yet to join the frenzy of the festival, preferring instead to lounge around on a luxury yacht nearby until the weekend, at which point he’s expected to light up the Croisette for a Haiti fundraiser with Wyclef Jean.

Lainey Lui is a reporter for CTV’s eTalk and runs the gossip site LaineyGossip.com.

Lainey on the red carpet - The Globe and Mail

SPIDER-MAN MUSICAL UPDATE

@U2, May 14, 2010
By: m2 / @mattmcgee

The New York Post has an update on what's happening with Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, the broadway musical that Bono and Edge are scoring. Reading between the snark, the musical will "go into rehearsals this summer, begin previews in October and open in November." There's also an update on potential actors, the production's finances, and a note that Spider-Man may tour the country playing in mid-sized sports arenas.

Spider-Man Musical Update

Wyclef Jean will join forces with Bono for a Haiti fundraiser.

As for Bono (yes, he’s left Toronto for Cannes), he seems to be pacing himself. He has yet to join the frenzy of the festival, preferring instead to lounge around on a luxury yacht nearby until the weekend, at which point he’s expected to light up the Croisette for a Haiti fundraiser with Wyclef Jean.

Lainey Lui is a reporter for CTV’s eTalk and runs the gossip site LaineyGossip.com.

Lainey on the red carpet - The Globe and Mail

Good to see Wyclef and Bono , they are hilarious together.

Williams: U2 360 Tour will have a new opening

Williams: U2 360 Tour will have a new opening

@U2, May 14, 2010
By: m2 / @mattmcgee​

Confirming what many fans have suspected, U2 360 Tour Designer Willie Williams said this week that this year's shows will have a different opening than last year's concerts. Williams made the comments Thursday during an interview on Cleveland's WBWC radio station. He didn't specify what the exact changes would be, nor which song will open the upcoming shows, but he did say the band feels a need to make some changes to keep the shows fresh.
On our forum and elsewhere online, fans have speculated that "Breathe" would be dropped as the show opener ever since the song was known to have been edited out of the main sequence of the upcoming U2 360 Live at the Rose Bowl DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom