PLEBA Misc News and Articles #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
! I just watched it, I love it!!! My favorite part was when the Edge went back to their old school and all the scenes there..it gave me chills lol
and the beginning when Jack White made a guitar was really awesome!!:up:
Best documentary/movie ever!! :D

I found it funny to see how obsessed Edge was with the GOYB riff. He couldn't stop playing it! ::cute:

U2ers Spotted in NYC

@U2, April 24, 2010
By: m2​

There've been several sightings of U2 band members -- well, Bono and Edge to be specific -- in and around New York City these past few days. Today, for example, Bono and Edge were joined by wives Ali and Morleigh (and more friends) for the premiere of No Woman, No Cry at the Tribeca Film Festival. That's the photo at right, and you can see more on Zimbio. On Friday, Edge showed up for the premiere of Nice Guy Johnny, also at the Tribeca Film Festival. And on Thursday night, Edge was reportedly in the audience for American Idiot, the Green Day-inspired Broadway musical. And it wasn't just any performance -- MTV says Green Day themselves were on hand, and surprised everyone with an impromptu performance after the play.
Next week, the Atlantic Council will honor Bono (and others) at its annual awards dinner, also in New York City. Bono will get the Council's first Humanitarian Leadership Award on April 28th.

The boys are back in town for the latest Guggi show - News & Gossip, Entertainment - Independent.ie

The boys are back in town for the latest Guggi show

Sunday April 25 2010

The gang's all here. Or at least most of them. (I'll get to Simon Carmody in a second.)

This Thursday, Bono, Gavin Friday, John Rocha et al will be in New York for their VBF Guggi's new exhibition. (Alas Simon Carmody, I'm reliably informed, won't be able to make it.) The artist himself, who is jetting out on Tuesday morning on a volcanic ash-resistant Aer Lingus flight to JFK, told me that the ultra-private viewing of his new work at the Yoshii Gallery on Madison Avenue in New York will be attended by his close circle of friends.

John and Gavin are expected to travel over with Gugs. Bono has no need for the Manhattan transfer as he has been living in New York with wife Ali while they get their house in Killiney done up.

Guggi added that the main piece in the new series is titled War and Peace. "I'd taken random sections from Tolstoy's War and Peace and used them. I've always liked how Russian looks written down -- it has had an effect on me since I was young," he said. "There is writing in Russian on a worn blackboard, a darkened grey and crimson blackboard. It is my most minimal work."

Another one in the series called Numbers, is based on the Book of Numbers in the Old Testament. "It is a continuation of my last work at Dublin's Kerlin Gallery exhibition last March," he said. "There are representations of objects and line drawings . . ."

OK, OK. I promise to buy one on the night but I have one caveat: Guggi stops Bono from launching the exhibition with one of his messianic ramblings.

Or there'll be War.

- Barry Egan

Sunday Independent

Thanks for the info! :wave: This quote made me giggle:-

Guggi stops Bono from launching the exhibition with one of his messianic ramblings.
:giggle:

Yeah, the volcanic ash cloud has been playing major havoc here in Finland too with the majority of the planes, those namely with turbine engines, unable to fly!! :uhoh: But the skies have finally cleared up!! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom