PLEBA Misc News and Articles #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the final NA date was just announced on u2.com. Its in Salt Lake City on June 3rd! why'd they do that? Everyone thought that California was gonna have the opening night show

I don't understand...I thought that was in California:shifty::hmm:
i know me too, but u2.com just confirmed salt lake city as the first and final show of the u2 2010 tour in north america. i feel bad for the people who bought tickets to anaheim thinking that it was the first show...oh well. lol now i gotta see if i can make it to the salt lake city show! its a day before my birthday!!!!:yippie::cabbagepatch:

i know me too, but u2.com just confirmed salt lake city as the first and final show of the u2 2010 tour in north america. i feel bad for the people who bought tickets to anaheim thinking that it was the first show...oh well. lol now i gotta see if i can make it to the salt lake city show! its a day before my birthday!!!!:yippie::cabbagepatch:
Yeah,this is really bad for the fans that bought tickets,but,if it's on U2.com,it's a true info!Oh,I hope you'll get see them in Salt Lake:wave::hug: (will be a early gift:hyper::heart:)

What's the problem? It's a U2 show after all. First nights aren't their strength, anyway. I'm glad that because of the Salt Lake City date more fans from that area are going to see them.

U2, Lady Gaga and Westlife tipped for Meteor success
18/02/2010 - 13:06:15

Irish rockers U2, 'Poker Face' star Lady Gaga and chart-toppers Westlife are being hotly tipped to clean up at this year’s Meteor Music Awards.

Voting lines have now closed and Paddy Power are now finished betting on the event but the closing odds suggest the three acts will walk away with major gongs on the night.

U2 finished up 1/4 favourites with Paddy Power to win Best Irish Live Performance, while Lady Gaga, who cleaned up at the Brits, finished at closing odds of 1/2 to win Best International Female.

As for Westlife, the lads are heading for their tenth consecutive Meteor Award for Best Irish Pop Act at odds of 1/10!

In other categories, Today FM’s Ray Foley has been backed off the boards to win Best National DJ at 1/6 while Florence & The Machine could pip Lady Gaga to the post in the Best International Album category following a late gamble at odds of 9/4.

In the Best Irish Male category Paddy Power prematurely suspended betting after seeing one-way traffic for folk legend Christy Moore at 8/13.

Sharon McHugh, spokesperson for Paddy Power said: “Most of the money has been for U2, Lady Gaga and Westlife but the Meteors have thrown up a few surprises over the years so as the saying goes it’s not over ‘til the fat lady sings!”

IOL | U2, Lady Gaga and Westlife tipped for Meteor success

U2, Lady Gaga and Westlife tipped for Meteor success
18/02/2010 - 13:06:15

Irish rockers U2, 'Poker Face' star Lady Gaga and chart-toppers Westlife are being hotly tipped to clean up at this year’s Meteor Music Awards.

Voting lines have now closed and Paddy Power are now finished betting on the event but the closing odds suggest the three acts will walk away with major gongs on the night.

U2 finished up 1/4 favourites with Paddy Power to win Best Irish Live Performance, while Lady Gaga, who cleaned up at the Brits, finished at closing odds of 1/2 to win Best International Female.

As for Westlife, the lads are heading for their tenth consecutive Meteor Award for Best Irish Pop Act at odds of 1/10!

In other categories, Today FM’s Ray Foley has been backed off the boards to win Best National DJ at 1/6 while Florence & The Machine could pip Lady Gaga to the post in the Best International Album category following a late gamble at odds of 9/4.

In the Best Irish Male category Paddy Power prematurely suspended betting after seeing one-way traffic for folk legend Christy Moore at 8/13.

Sharon McHugh, spokesperson for Paddy Power said: “Most of the money has been for U2, Lady Gaga and Westlife but the Meteors have thrown up a few surprises over the years so as the saying goes it’s not over ‘til the fat lady sings!”

IOL | U2, Lady Gaga and Westlife tipped for Meteor success

I hope they win. :pray: Does anyone know if it will be broadcasted live on tv? If yes on which tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom