PLEBA is taking over my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Well, not really PLEBA the forum, but the men in the acronym. These guys are seriously taking over, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. I mean, I feel better, am a nicer person, and have happier thoughts, but my goodness, everything is U2. At work, I sing U2 songs to myself, I think odd, weird thoughts about U2, and I count the hours until I can be at home with them. At home it's worse... I read somewhere in the confessionals about someone getting burned out on U2. I don't think that's happening to me, but it's a scary thought.

Does this insane obsession happen to anyone else? I wanted to post it here instead of the confessional because you ladies are much nicer.

just relax....and let it go......

and repeat with me: "too much is not enough"

smile.gif
you are not alone

------------------
You see your love made complete

www.u2takemehigher.com

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Welcome to the club girlie
smile.gif
That happens to me all the time...It seems U2 revolves around my life 24/7...I talk about them all the time, I quote them all the time, I have them all over my house and I even carry a picture of Larry in my wallet (sad yes I know) So just go with it
biggrin.gif
Have fun with it! *hugs ya* You're definitely not alone in this one
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Well BONO everyone LARRY that LEATHER I DROOMS know BEANIE seems CAMO HAT to STICKS think SHADES that ACHTUNG all DESERT I BONO ever LEMONS think NUMB about BLINDFOLD is BONO U2.

...I don't know where they're getting it from....

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

My level of obsession continues to grow...it does worry me at times because I know I am driving my family nuts but everytime I tell myself "no U2 for 24 hours, 48 hours" or whatever, I last 2 or 3 hours. I don't see it letting up anytime soon and I'm not even close to burnout! I have been told by a few people that its unhealthy but I disagree. As long as it doesn't cause you to neglect your work/school/family, I say obsess away!

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Well BONO everyone LARRY that LEATHER I DROOMS know BEANIE seems CAMO HAT to STICKS think SHADES that ACHTUNG all DESERT I BONO ever LEMONS think NUMB about BLINDFOLD is BONO U2.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!! *Rolls on the ground laughing her arse off* Good one girlie! I missed you *hugs*

------------------

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*

LOL...Ok ladies, I don't feel so bad. I'm still laughing my ass off. This quote is totally me. Sometimes I feel like I talk like that at work, which would explain the weird ass looks I get(and no support by the way). My sister took my U2 CD's and hid them from me one day, she said I had to listen to something else. I found the boys on the radio
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm 23, am I too old to be this obsessed??
I completely feel like a teenager.
Oh you ladies are helping me so much.
I've been feeling like this for close to a year, I just never said it in writing before.

here's a thought...if we PLEBA ladies actually talked like this at work, do you think we could go home early?
Maybe I'll try it today.

I'm 23 too!!!! a greattt number!! Bono wrote Bad at 23.. sooooo what a perfect year to realize you're hopelessly irreversibly hooked.

the other day my sister (who does enjoy u2) asked me if a day went by that I didn't look up something on the internet about U2.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

is she crazy?!

------------------

www.u2takemehigher.com

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
here's a thought...if we PLEBA ladies actually talked like this at work, do you think we could go home early?
Maybe I'll try it today.
*note to self for second semester*...

------------------

hehe, yeah, they have taken over my life too! My third time in my math class, some girl says to me "U2 is hot." I was like, "Yeah, I know." and yesterday I went to the store and I laughed at the Pop Tarts and the Lemons. My poor mother looked at strange and walked away. Sadly, sometimes she just doesn't get it. Of course, when she asked me what flavor pop tart I wanted, that was the end of it for me, I couldn't handle it. AND! In my other class there is this drawing of a plane heading to the word GOAL. And by golly, every time I look at it, I can't help but think "The goal is soul" and other U2isms, and when my professor says stuff about goals, I wanna get up and prance around chanting "The goal is soul" like Bono... yeah, I need help
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

All I look up on the internet is U2!

LOL yeah if it weren't for U2 I wouldn't be on the internet 24/7 LOL...The first chat I went to was a U2 chat back about 5 years ago *gasp* Uni chat it was called, t'was a happy place. My Larry page only existed as a 1 page dedication to Larry with 3 pictures LOL
biggrin.gif
It was funny

------------------

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! This is hilarious!

BTW, time wounds all heals!!!

All I can think of is that I'm going to Dublin in 3 weeks and then it's gonna be NOOOOOO MERCY to Sparky!!!!

----------------

"Yeah, but the Swing Kings? I mean people only die at their concerts, you know, they just stop living!"

Originally posted by CatDubh:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! This is hilarious!

BTW, time wounds all heals!!!

All I can think of is that I'm going to Dublin in 3 weeks and then it's gonna be NOOOOOO MERCY to Sparky!!!!

----------------

Um...excuse me...Dublin. Please tell me that you are going to check on sparky for all of us. Please tell me you are going to his house!!! Please take many pictures and breathe in heavily many times when you are there(so you can breathe his air).
Oh, now I want to go.

Um...excuse me...Dublin. Please tell me that you are going to check on sparky for all of us. Please tell me you are going to his house!!! Please take many pictures and breathe in heavily many times when you are there(so you can breathe his air).
Oh, now I want to go.

Awwwwwwwwwww! Send me a pic of yourself with your phone number on the back and I swear to God, I'm gonna give it to him!

wink.gif

CatDubh,have you ever been there before? What U2 places are you checking out? How long are you going to be there? Are you really going to his house? I must have drove AM nuts about her trip there. You must fill us in on all things Sparky in Dublin. Are you going to eat at the restaurant near his house? You must inform us! I'm already planning what to do when I go there, and I don't even have a passport yet!

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
I'm 23 too!!!! a greattt number!! Bono wrote Bad at 23.. sooooo what a perfect year to realize you're hopelessly irreversibly hooked.

the other day my sister (who does enjoy u2) asked me if a day went by that I didn't look up something on the internet about U2.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

is she crazy?!

Just a warning girls. It doesn't stop when you turn 24. I have been an obsessed U2 fan since I was 15, but it got even worse in my 23rd year (I guess seeing them twice doesn't help). I hoped that when I turned 24 that I would magically mature and stop being so obsessed with Bono, and the rest of the band. But it didn't happen!!!

em, sorry to tell you girls who are only
23-ish right now but I'm 35 and this has been going on since I was 15...that is a loooong time...when I was your age, we had no internet so it was a little harder for us to keep our obsessions satisfied...you girls have it your fingertips whenever you want so prepare yourselves for the long haul!!!

Bwuahahahaha! That's great.

So y'all know I'm a Mom driving a minivan and all. So I'm heading out of town for the Lexington show this past summer and I take out all the paints I have for painting my kids soccer team stuff on the van, and I recreate the Elevation Tour logo on the windows and wrote The Goal is Elevation! U2-Bound! on the back window. I showed up at my sister's house to pick her up for the trip (about 200 miles and she went with me) and my brother in law says "It's Time for an intervention." hahahaha

Oh I don't care. I could be diverted by worse things, eh?

peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

CatDubh,have you ever been there before? What U2 places are you checking out? How long are you going to be there? Are you really going to his house? I must have drove AM nuts about her trip there. You must fill us in on all things Sparky in Dublin. Are you going to eat at the restaurant near his house? You must inform us! I'm already planning what to do when I go there, and I don't even have a passport yet!

Yeah, been there, loved it, gotta go back! I'm gonna do everything U2-ish, plus I know someone who had dinner with Paul McG's sister a month ago, plus one of her best friends has edited various U2 videos!!
biggrin.gif
Gee! I can't wait! I'm planning to stay for at least a year!

[This message has been edited by CatDubh (edited 01-17-2002).]

Originally posted by CatDubh:
Yeah, been there, loved it, gotta go back! I'm gonna do everything U2-ish, plus I know someone who had dinner with Paul McG's sister a month ago, plus one of her best friends has edited various U2 videos!!
biggrin.gif
Gee! I can't wait! I'm planning to stay for at least a year!

[This message has been edited by CatDubh (edited 01-17-2002).]

A YEAR !!!!!
OMG....maybe you should prepare yourself for a PLEBA exodus !!!
wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I hoped that when I turned 24 that I would magically mature and stop being so obsessed with Bono, and the rest of the band. But it didn't happen!!!

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Why would you ever want that????

lol
oh, new smilies! kewl!

btw- Catdubh!!! bawahh!! *so jealous* i can't wait to throw a Have Fun Party in RSOC for you!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

www.u2takemehigher.com

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 01-17-2002).]

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
em, sorry to tell you girls who are only
23-ish right now but I'm 35 and this has been going on since I was 15...that is a loooong time...when I was your age, we had no internet so it was a little harder for us to keep our obsessions satisfied...you girls have it your fingertips whenever you want so prepare yourselves for the long haul!!!

Jeese... I'm 15. I don't know if I'm happy... or what... I've been a fan for a year and it's getting worse everyday.
eek.gif
I still listen to the radio even when I could put on a U2 cd though. *proud*

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

Originally posted by Ana:
U2 is the only obsession I have that I'm proud of . (Well that and Bono's nose and chocolate!)
biggrin.gif
....together?! *eyebrow* oo!

------------------

You can dream,
But you can never go back the way you came

I know just how you feel, honey....

Like today I was sitting in Spanish class, and all of a sudden "Exit" came into my head, and I had another compulsion (I get them frequently) to put on JT. Except it was first period, and I had to suffer through another 5 and 1/2 hours of school.... but I've had my listen, and I'm much better now....

And I always watch a U2 video before I leave the house, just to get me through my day (this morning was WGRYWH!).....

So I'm not the only crazy one here....
biggrin.gif

And U2 is my only obession, besides Gavin Rossdale...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

Back
Top Bottom