Pleba Girls Party - With a Hey hey sha la la & a Boom Cha, Boom Cha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
c3.jpg

Hi RR! :wave: I'm lovin the avi :up:

and FB too :wave:

:hug:

good dream :drool: :wink:

I'm good, thanks :) just working on chapter 4 of 'no secret'

Gav is good :happy: recovered from his drinking binge last weekend :lmao:

How are you? do you get Monday off from school?

Good thing you're workin on the next chapter....I just finished chapter 3. :love:

I don't know if you saw me posting my praises here the other night, but let me assure you they were exuberant. :drool:

Much to my dismay and horror, I realized at around 2:30 on thursday that I was sitting in my last class of my hird year. Holy crap where does the time go???

Exams start as of monday. :sad: I have a paper due on tues, and my first exam is on Wed mornin. :sad:
I can't believe the university isn't closed on Monday. :grumpy:

I'm doing pretty good, just the same general panic and fear I usually experience around this time of year.:lol:
I'm feeling a bit better now that I at least have a topic for my lit paper. :happy: One of my exams is gonna be worth, like 50% though cause I missed the midterm and that scares the crap out of me.

I was sooo grumpy last night though, I just found out from a friend the other day that my university changed theier scholarship set up. For the exact same scholarship - the one I got - you got money for 2 years. Now they've gone and changed it to 4. They've doubled the worth of the scholarship.
No fair!! :angry:

Enough whining from me though. Have you heard anything back about any of the stuff you submitted? Can I get your autograph soon? :hyper:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Good thing you're workin on the next chapter....I just finished chapter 3. :love :

I don't know if you saw me posting my praises here the other night, but let me assure you they were exuberant. : drool:

:eek: well, thank you

~BrightestStar~ said:

Much to my dismay and horror, I realized at around 2:30
on thursday that I was sitting in my last class of my hird year. Holy crap where does the time go???

Exams start as of monday. :sad : I have a paper due on tues, and my first exam is on Wed mornin. :sad :
I can't believe the university isn't closed on Monday. : grumpy:

I'm doing pretty good, just the same general panic and fear I usually experience around this time of year.:lol:
I'm feeling a bit better now that I at least have a topic for my lit paper. :happy: One of my exams is gonna be worth, like 50% though cause I missed the midterm and that scares the crap out of me.

classes are winding down already? time does fly! Wow.

:yikes: yeah, that is a lot of pressure

I'm sure you'll handle it fine, though. You seem to do well under pressure

nothing is ever closed on the monday after easter here in the US, but I know over in the UK they have a four-day weekend - I wasn't sure if Canada did as well. You seem to be on a similair schedule sometimes :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I was sooo grumpy last night though, I just found out from a friend the other day that my university changed theier scholarship set up. For the exact same scholarship - the one I got - you got money for 2 years. Now they've gone and changed it to 4. They've doubled the worth of the scholarship.
No fair!! :angry :

That sucks! That would have pissed me off. Especially now that you're nearly done :grumpy:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Enough whining from me though. Have you heard anything back about any of the stuff you submitted? Can I get your autograph soon? :hyper :

:sigh: I got a manuscript back tonight, apparently one of the literary magazines I submitted to had to close down so it was returned. Not the worst thing, I suppose, but still disapointing.

Oh well, it's not the only one I submitted. Besides, what good writer doesn't have stories of 'the early years' when things were frustratingly slow?

Sad_Girl said:

o well, thank you

You're welcome, and you deserve it. :kiss:

classes are winding down already? time does fly! Wow.

:yikes: yeah, that is a lot of pressure

I'm sure you'll handle it fine, though. You seem to do well under pressure

nothing is ever closed on the monday after easter here in the US, but I know over in the UK they have a four-day weekend - I wasn't sure if Canada did as well. You seem to be on a similair schedule sometimes :wink:

Indeed they are. Crazy isn't it? But uni gets out earlier than the elmentary and HS.

I know have that song in my head....:lol:

Well, it depends on where you are. Most stuff is closed today..some things, elemntary & High school's are closed monday, the gov't obviously :wink: and the like are closed mon. The rest of us shmucks have to go back. At least I don't have an exam on monday, unlike some poors kids.

That sucks! That would have pissed me off. Especially now that you're nearly done :grumpy:

Well, I'm planning on combining (2 degrees for the price of one :happy: )..so I'll be around for 5 years. But the new set up makes a huuuuuuge difference. It's so unfair to all the rest of us upper year kids.
Cause you don't automatically get the installment of money every year, you still have to qualify (maintain a certainavergae or whatever)
Personally I think that it's only fair they look at kids who got the scholarship originally (and are stull at the uni) and if they still qualify, they should get something.
Perhaps I'm biased in my postion, but with tuition going up every year, kids need all the help they can get....

:sigh I got a manuscript back tonight, apparently one of the literary magazines I submitted to had to close down so it was returned. Not the worst thing, I suppose, but still disapointing.

Oh well, it's not the only one I submitted. Besides, what good writer doesn't have stories of 'the early years' when things were frustratingly slow?

Awww hun. That is defineatly disappointing. :( Very anti-climatic. But it didn't get rehjected, so that's good. And think of how you can tell stories about how it's not that you didn't get out there because you were rejected, but because there was a sudden rash publisher closuers.

If it makes you feel any better, I want you autoograph anyway. :flirt:

ETA: I'm too lazy to fix all the typos :angry:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Well, I'm planning on combining (2 degrees for the price of one :happy: )..so I'll be around for 5 years. But the new set up makes a huuuuuuge difference. It's so unfair to all the rest of us upper year kids.
Cause you don't automatically get the installment of money every year, you still have to qualify (maintain a certainavergae or whatever)
Personally I think that it's only fair they look at kids who got the scholarship originally (and are stull at the uni) and if they still qualify, they should get something.
Perhaps I'm biased in my postion, but with tuition going up every year, kids need all the help they can get....

yeah, it seems like if they were going to make changes like that you should get them too. of course, if they were making NEGATIVE changes, you would want yours to stay the same so...

~BrightestStar~ said:

Awww hun. That is defineatly disappointing. :( Very anti-climatic. But it didn't get rehjected, so that's good. And think of how you can tell stories about how it's not that you didn't get out there because you were rejected, but because there was a sudden rash publisher closuers.

If it makes you feel any better, I want you autograph anyway. :flirt:

ETA: I'm too lazy to fix all the typos :angry:

Yeah, I'm not too worried yet. I'll be getting alimony for the rest of the year, so hopefully I'll still have time to publish and not have to try and work at another job while trying to write

You have my autograph already! Are you one of those autograph hounds who sells themon E-bay? :tsk: :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

yeah, it seems like if they were going to make changes like that you should get them too. of course, if they were making NEGATIVE changes, you would want yours to stay the same so...

Sigh, that's a very good point.

But still....the damn scholarship paid like 2/3's of my tuition. :drool:

heh, speaking of money - I wish I had some ability to put a resume together (yeah, yeah, I know - pathetic at my age...)...I want to apply to be a TA. Good money, not too many hours, can do some of it at home.....:drool:

Yeah, I'm not too worried yet. I'll be getting alimony for the rest of the year, so hopefully I'll still have time to publish and not have to try and work at another job while trying to write

You have my autograph already! Are you one of those autograph hounds who sells themon E-bay? :tsk: :lol:

So has all the paper work gone through? Or is there a certain waiting period before it's all finalized?

End of the year - pft..I have faith you'll get somethin published before then. :heart:

Umm

uhhh...

:uhoh:

No...not me :shifty:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

So has all the paper work gone through? Or is there a certain waiting period before it's all finalized?

I filed the papers - now he has to sign a thing that says he's not going to contest, then we have to go before a judge to get the final decision to officially disolve the marriage - it could be 30 days or 90 :crack:

:shrug: it's going alright I suppose. slow as anything else in the American judicial system

and I'll be officially divorced / unwed / single by the time Gavin (and these are his words) 'gets his hands on me'

:shifty: :hyper: :drool: :love:

Sad_Girl said:

I filed the papers - now he has to sign a thing that says he's not going to contest, then we have to go before a judge to get the final decision to officially disolve the marriage - it could be 30 days or 90 :crack:

:shrug: it's going alright I suppose. slow as anything else in the American judicial system

and I'll be officially divorced / unwed / single by the time Gavin (and these are his words) 'gets his hands on me'

:shifty: :hyper: :drool: :love:

Well, hopefully it's sooner rather than later. I'm sure it's something you want over and done with. :hug:

Heh, and I bet he can't wait to change those words into action :sexywink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom