PLEBA Girls Party: We're There When Bono Hits The Ground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

As in Marshall??

Yeah, you'll be doing interpretive dances in no time. :madwife I just hope you first get to do them with Dis. OMG. :lmao :lmao

Twitterpated...I dont know. Since NYE, even though I question myself (and my sanity :tongue ) from time to time, I'm becoming more and more convinced that he does want me. But he has some issues, so I really don't know if it'll ever be any more than it is right now. But even if it isn't, it's been enjoyable...he's an overall nice guy, and it's been fun. The stuff that fond memories are made of. :)

:blahblah: :blahblah:

:lol:

Yes, a Mr. (Dr?) Marshall Mcluhan.

Interpretative dances with Dis are the stuff (drunken :wink: ) dreams are made of :love: :lmao:

No need to question your sanity, I can settle that quite quickly for you. :tongue:

Ok, so disney won't be making any movies about your love life. But if you're enjoying yourself, and he makes you happy. That's all that really matters, right? If it goes further that's great, if it doesn't well, maybe it wasn't meant to, and was only ever meant to fulfill some need in both of your lives at this time.

Oh, and for the books, I think he wants you. ;)

PS. I thought I was the rambler of this thread...:p

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

That is SO sweet!! :) :cute: Little gestures like that mean so much...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just can't afford it right now, and since it's not a huge priority for me, the new phone keeps getting pushed aside. But if I were in a situation like yours where I had to get a new one, I suppose I'd bite the bullet and just do it.

I'm more of an old-school home phone person. :wink:

I remember the days when old school home phone was the only way to go. :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Yes, a Mr. (Dr?) Marshall Mcluhan.

Interpretative dances with Dis are the stuff (drunken :wink: ) dreams are made of :love :lmao

No need to question your sanity, I can settle that quite quickly for you. :tongue

Ok, so disney won't be any movies about your love life. But if you're enjoying yourself, and he makes you happy. That's all that really matters, right? If it goes further that's great, if it doesn't well, maybe it wasn't meant to, and was only ever meant to fulfill some need in both of your lives at this time.

Oh, and for the books, I think we wants you. ;)

PS. I thought I was the rambler of this thread...:p

Rambler? Duh. We're co-ramblers. :love: I honestly don't know how you guys can put up with me going on and on sometimes. But I'm grateful that you do. :love:

Marshall McLuhan...he's the one who created the Sex Pistols. An art-school type who got into the music biz, right?

What's weird about tonight is that he was very open in the e-mail, and he was also trying on the phone...said there was more he wanted to say but he didn't really know how to articulate it. He's obviously not a heart-on-his-sleeve type - he's no Bono. :wink: But he was trying, and that meant a LOT to me.

I think that the most important thing that's happened lately is that I've learned, thanks partly to him, that I should feel free to speak my mind, and not get all freaked out and second guess myself. I always worry that any small think I say or gesture I make will have an adverse affect, and make things worse. Recently I've learned that he's more open to me being me than I thought he'd be...and that I HAVE to be myself...and that if there comes a time when he can't accept me being myself, it's probably for the best that I know this, and it can come to a conclusion with no hard feelings.

Damn, this site is better than a therapist. :love: :lol:

Russty Cat said:

I remember the days when old school home phone was the only way to go. :lol:

Sarah and I have talked about some of the things that I DIDN'T have when I was a kid, and it's so funny to see her reaction when she learns that we used to have to park the car to go into fast food places to get food, or that we had to at one time actually get up to change the channels on a television.

Okay, I hate to keep bringing this up, but the entire time I'm sitting here typing, I'm inhaling him. His scent is clinging to me, and I'm not sure if the fact that I'm liking it is a good thing or not. :scream: :lmao:

*is currently picturing the scene in Charlie in the Chocolate factory where he's chatting with the OOmpa loompa therapist*

:lol:

Missy, I think you've got a good head on your shoulders.
And personally, the fact that he seems to be trying so hard, and working to be open with you only proves how much he cares and wants to make this work. You've said that you both have 'issues', seems to me that together you're perhaps helping eachother work through them. :)

And sadly, there is only one Bono :sigh: :grumpy:
Until I clone him that is. :wink:

And I have never minded your rambling, and I never will. :hug: You've got an inbox full of my rambles. :lol:

McLuhan started the sex pistols? ....I hope there are two Marshall Mcluhans then, or else I really want ot know what he's doing on my west civ thinkers list...:hmm:

VintagePunk said:

Rambler? Duh. We're co-ramblers. :love: I honestly don't know how you guys can put up with me going on and on sometimes. But I'm grateful that you do. :love:

Marshall McLuhan...he's the one who created the Sex Pistols. An art-school type who got into the music biz, right?

What's weird about tonight is that he was very open in the e-mail, and he was also trying on the phone...said there was more he wanted to say but he didn't really know how to articulate it. He's obviously not a heart-on-his-sleeve type - he's no Bono. :wink: But he was trying, and that meant a LOT to me.

I think that the most important thing that's happened lately is that I've learned, thanks partly to him, that I should feel free to speak my mind, and not get all freaked out and second guess myself. I always worry that any small think I say or gesture I make will have an adverse affect, and make things worse. Recently I've learned that he's more open to me being me than I thought he'd be...and that I HAVE to be myself...and that if there comes a time when he can't accept me being myself, it's probably for the best that I know this, and it can come to a conclusion with no hard feelings.

Damn, this site is better than a therapist. :love: :lol:

You definetly have to be yourself. Life is to short to change just to please other people. :heart:

Oh man I can't wait till my kids are older and I tell them about the tvs we had that had the dial things you actually had to turn on them to change the channel. And the computer that was huge with just a plain blue screen and you just typed papers on it. There was no internet yet. :lol: Good times.

VintagePunk said:
See? This is stuff I should be putting into my journal...were I allowed to have one. :angry:

:lmao:

Don't even try it missy. :angry: Don't think I won't walk to your ouse and put you in your place! :madwife:

:laugh:!

VintagePunk said:

Sarah and I have talked about some of the things that I DIDN'T have when I was a kid, and it's so funny to see her reaction when she learns that we used to have to park the car to go into fast food places to get food, or that we had to at one time actually get up to change the channels on a television.

Okay, I hate to keep bringing this up, but the entire time I'm sitting here typing, I'm inhaling him. His scent is clinging to me, and I'm not sure if the fact that I'm liking it is a good thing or not. :scream: :lmao:

:cute:!!

I've used one of those crazed old fashioned telephones! With the spinny thing! what's it called? Analog?
:happy:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Don't even try it missy. :angry: Don't think I won't walk to your ouse and put you in your place! :madwife:

:laugh:!

:cute:!!

I've used one of those crazed old fashioned telephones! With the spinny thing! what's it called? Analog?
:happy:

:madwife: Rotary you youngin!

~BrightestStar~ said:
*is currently picturing the scene in Charlie in the Chocolate factory where he's chatting with the OOmpa loompa therapist*

:lol

Missy, I think you've got a good head on your shoulders.
And personally, the fact that he seems to be trying so hard, and working to be open with you only proves how much he cares and wants to make this work. You've said that you both have 'issues', seems to me that together you're perhaps helping eachother work through them. :

And sadly, there is only one Bono :sigh :grumpy
Until I clone him that is. :wink

And I have never minded your rambling, and I never will. :hug: You've got an inbox full of my rambles. :lol

McLuhan started the sex pistols? ....I hope there are two Marshall Mcluhans then, or else I really want ot know what he's doing on my west civ thinkers list...:hmm

Get to work on the cloning process, will you? :madwife: I'm quite taken with JT Bono, at the moment. :drool: :wink:

Wikipedia McLuhan! :happy: It's become our favourite site (next to this one, of course :uhoh: ) No, wait, I'll wikipedia him. :wink:

Thanks for your kind words. :hug: This is so unlike me. And our whole history is so weird. It was a friend of a friend hook-up at a bar, something I've never really done before. :yikes: By rights, it should have fizzled out long ago. But here it is, 2 1/2 years later, and we're still drawn to each other, and getting closer, so it seems. :huh: Weirder things have happened, I guess.

Russty Cat said:

You definetly have to be yourself. Life is to short to change just to please other people. :heart:

Oh man I can't wait till my kids are older and I tell them about the tvs we had that had the dial things you actually had to turn on them to change the channel. And the computer that was huge with just a plain blue screen and you just typed papers on it. There was no internet yet. :lol: Good times.

It's hilarious seeing kids' reactions to stuff like that!! VCRs weren't invented till I was a teen. Or at least no one i knew had them. If you wanted to see a movie, you pretty much had to make it to the theatre, or wait a gazillion years for it to be released on TV. Technology :drool: :lmao:

Maybe disney will make a movie about you! :happy:

:wink:

I used to play around with my grandma's old typewriter. :love:
If it weren't for typo issues, I'd so use it for things. :drool:
I'm random like that. :lol:

But I don't really remember life without computers, I remember I had access to them even in elementary school.

:shifty:
And it is possible I went to computer camp... :nerd: :reject:

...........not that computers like me any better for it :angry:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

It's hilarious seeing kids' reactions to stuff like that!! VCRs weren't invented till I was a teen. Or at least no one i knew had them. If you wanted to see a movie, you pretty much had to make it to the theatre, or wait a gazillion years for it to be released on TV. Technology :drool: :lmao:

OMG! Do you remember BETA!? Or the VCRS that you put the tape in the top loading thing and then pushed it down.

And coleco vision and Atari. Long before Nintendo and all that crap.

And I just found mention of Marshall McLuhan on a Talking Heads website - I knew he had something to do with 70's/early 80's post-modern art punk rock bands. *feels vindicated* :wink:

:hmm:

See, I need to choose the person for my next West Civ paper.

I was looking into a guy named Micheal Walzer, apparently a politcal theorist, who discusses a wide variety of topics.
But then today someone was like, "you did freud last time?, you should look into McLuhan"
So, I took the lazy route :reject:, assumed that if Mcluhan is somehow related to Freud, you'd recognize him. (my logic is often shaky :lol: )

Thank you for linking me up. :love:

VintagePunk said:
And I just found mention of Marshall McLuhan on a Talking Heads website - I knew he had something to do with 70's/early 80's post-modern art punk rock bands. *feels vindicated* :wink:

:lol:!
I never doubted you.

Russty Cat said:

OMG! Do you remember BETA!? Or the VCRS that you put the tape in the top loading thing and then pushed it down.

And coleco vision and Atari. Long before Nintendo and all that crap.

I totally remember Beta!!! I KNEW people who bought Beta!! :lmao: In fact, when I bought my dvd recorder a few months ago, there are so many formats to choose from, I kept thinking to myself "oh fuck, I'm totally going to buy the Beta one." :lmao: :lmao:

Bri went to computer camp? Who would have guessed? :nerd: :lmao:

I remember signing Sarah up for a program at the Y when she was 3, and that involved computers. :lol: In fact, I think we got our first computer that same year, when she was 3. It was an Atari. :nerd: :lol:

Memories. :love:

:lol: I'm watching Heath Ledger on Leno. My reason for still being awake. :drool: course I'm gonna have to sleep late to make up for it.

We had a Comodore 64 computer. :lol: And I think we've definetly had the beta of dvds players. :mad: :lol:

I don't think they taught photoshoping your friends into compromising positions with MS paint when I went to computer camp.....
:lmao:

Omg! I remember playing this hilarious game at camp!...Lemmings!! :love:
*gets weird looks*
:reject: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
Why do you girls have to be so fun to talk to? :madwife: I have to be up in 4 hours! I don't care, I'm staying up and I'll pay for it tomorrow. Instant gratification. :drool:

Why does this sound so familar?

Oh.....right. That's me on far too many nights. :uhoh:

But it's SO worth it :love: :drool:

PS
The Id rocks my socks.

This is a journal entry. :angry: Read at your own peril. :angry:

So yeah...what was cool about tonight on the phone. He talked about his issues on the phone a bit. Mostly reiterated what he said in the e-mail. But that made me feel as though I could talk about stuff too. And you know me. :blahblah: So I did. Just kinda talked about my approach to things, how I see things...told him that some of the issues we have are very similar, that we're not all that different after all, and pointed out that some of the things he seemed a little concerned about are actually huge plusses.

I think it helped him understand me a little better (that I'm not so scary :wink: ) and made him feel better about some stuff. :)

:blahblah: :blahblah:

:rolleyes:

:wink:

Again...if I had a journal, you'd all be spared. :angry:

~BrightestStar~ said:
I don't think they taught photoshoping your friends into compromising positions with MS paint when I went to computer camp.....
:lmao

Omg! I remember playing this hilarious game at camp!...Lemmings!! :love:
*gets weird looks*
:reject: :lol

Why does this sound so familar?

Oh.....right. That's me on far too many nights. :uhoh

But it's SO worth it :love: :drool:

PS
The Id rocks my socks.

People don't pay nearly enough attention to their Id, these days. :wink:

Speaking of Id, or ID...i couldn't find my CAA card OR my license when I had to call to get a boost today. A license is always a good thing to have when you're driving. :shame:

And speaking of licenses and driving, the state of Michigan sent me a cheque today. :heart: I had to pay a $25 bond to the hot cop :drool: the night of my accident, to ensure I'd appear for the hearing date. When I decided to just pay the fine, the woman at the court office told me I'd have to send in the $25 receipt to get the bond refunded. I didn't even get around to sending it back in, they just sent me a cheque!! Michigan rocks. :love:

~BrightestStar~ said:
:drool:s over ever word.

I read it.

I felt no pain.

Take that.
:angry

Heck, I just might read it again. :angry

*is very happy for her clone. :hug: :heart: *

Thanks :heart: But when I got over there, all we did was watch the end of a show similar to Pimp My Ride, and make fun of the drama...one guy from the team got fired by the boss. :lmao:

The rest will be left to your imagination. :shifty:

But...baby steps! :lol:

Baby steps....reminds me of that Bill Murray movie, About Bob :love:

And his name is Bob. :yikes:

Okay, now I'm apparently doing a free association, stream of consciousness exercise. :yikes:

VintagePunk said:

Thanks :heart: But when I got over there, all we did was watch the end of a show similar to Pimp My Ride, and make fun of the drama...one guy from the team got fired by the boss. :lmao:

Okay, now I'm apparently doing a free association, stream of consciousness exercise. :yikes:

Did he pimp your ride? :sexywink:

:huh: :lol:

:laugh: All the Freud talk getting to you? :drool:

Dude......I should really head to bed soon. I should be there preferably *before* dad wakes up for work. :uhoh:

VintagePunk said:

But...baby steps! :lol:

Baby steps....reminds me of that Bill Murray movie, About Bob :love:

And his name is Bob. :yikes:

The movie is called "What about Bob?" and I know this because my parents always say it and laugh cuz Mr. Cats name happens to be Bobby. But they always call him Bob even though it drives me insane. :rant: Curses to stink Bill and the darn movie! :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Yay! :happy:
Receiving money in the mail is alwauys a good thing.
And....
You saved like 75 cents worth of stamp costs! :drool:

And :tsk: one should always have one's license young lady.

I hope you weren't stuck out in the ick long. :bleh: It was awful out there.

My battery has been dodgy since the summer. Actually, the night of the Harry Potter book release, it went dead in Ancaster at Chapters. :yikes: Fortunately, Sarah ran into a friend in the bookstore whose mother had a set of cables, and I was able to get a boost.

This is the second time it's happened since then. :| I wasn't able to have a shower before I went out for various reasons (read: my mother called me too early, and kept me out all freakin afternoon :madwife: )...so then I picked Sarah up at school, and we stopped at a Zehrs at the other end of town to get what we needed (long freakin story - the one near us is scandal-ridden - their manager was just fired cause he's a coke addict, and so they're letting the stock run down till a new manager arrives in a week or so...my cousin works there and we get the Zehrs gossip :lmao: )...when you turn the key off in my car, the radio stays on for 8 minutes, or until one of the doors open. We pulled up, I turned the car off, and then Sarah and I got talking for maybe 5 minutes (she was going to go in cause of my shower issues, and I looked like crap)...then the dash lights dimmed and the battery was dead. :madwife:

Called her dad, he wasn't home. Called CAA, and even though I didn't have my license or CAA card, they still took me. Said it'd be 45 minutes, but the guy was there in like 5, before Sarah even got out of the store. :bow:

I went home and had a looooong shower. :crack:

I need to head to bed myself. I have lots of stuff to start boxing up tomorrow.

Nighty night. Sweet dreams to ya both. :hug: :heart: :hug: See ya tomorrow. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom