Pleba girls party.... we're SIMply the best...and hottest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hmm: I'm probably the only electronics technician here, then. I'd like to think that makes me smart, but sometimes I wonder. :lol:

There aren't many girls going for technical degrees. I'm one of two girls in my entire class. :(

:up: to Mucca and Fly, then! :hug: We need more nurses in the world.

elysithea said:

:lol: It came to be accidentally....

I just looked through a book on Greek myths, and came upon the name Lysithea.
I wanted to be different, so I stuck an E in front of it and voila. See? Not very creative... :wink: Actually, I'm dating a Greek guy, so maybe that's why I picked it. :laugh:

Incidentally, Lysithea was daughter of the sea god Oceanus and one of Zeus' lovers.

I just thought it sounded cool. :D

Ooooooh I love Greek mythology. Although not related to Greek mythology, I have another screename, Luvarienith.

Drea said:

Okay Fly, do you have cheques with BoM? If you do, this is how you find it... At the bottom of your cheque there should be sets of numbers.. the first number is your cheque number, the second is a five digit number (the name of which I've forgotten..) the third set of numbers is a three digit one - that's the institution number :)

Example:

*039* *12642* *812* *account number* <-- the 812 is the institution number

(Offline teller girl to the rescue! :laugh:)

I don't have cheques :yikes:

Umm.....errr....ok I have my account number clearly. And the transit number I have (it's 4 digits) but PayPayl is getting all pissy cause they're saying it has to be 5. :shrug:

Mucca I hope you get to join Nurses without borders! Its an amazing group! My mom was with Doctors without borders before she got to ill to go. They did some amazing things all over the world. My old roommate from when I worked at a private camp is now with Nurses without borders on a ship someplace I think over in the gulf. She said she is having an amazing life changing time. She sends my mom and dad monthly emails.

Jen I still think your name is cool! Greek mythology can be fun. My brother is a big nut for all of that stuff. hehe At least your a little bit creative, my screen name is a nickname I've had for a long time. Nothing to exciting. lol

elysithea said:
:hmm: I'm probably the only electronics technician here, then. I'd like to think that makes me smart, but sometimes I wonder. :lol:

There aren't many girls going for technical degrees. I'm one of two girls in my entire class. :(

:up: to Mucca and Fly, then! :hug: We need more nurses in the world.

I know it's not nearly the level of what you are probably doing, but I've always loved being the psuedo-electronics person in my family...fixing stereos and setting up surround sound systems n' stuff. Electronics are cool.

FlyYourKite said:

I don't have cheques :yikes:

Umm.....errr....ok I have my account number clearly. And the transit number I have (it's 4 digits) but PayPayl is getting all pissy cause they're saying it has to be 5. :shrug:

Hmm... try putting a zero at the front maybe? If I thought hard enough I could remember the BoM transit code, I've seen it enough while I've encoded cheques at work... Hmm.. not that this would be much help, but I think it's either 001, 002 or 003 ;)

Elessarian said:

I know it's not nearly the level of what you are probably doing, but I've always loved being the psuedo-electronics person in my family...fixing stereos and setting up surround sound systems n' stuff. Electronics are cool.

:D

I'm building an AM/FM receiver for class, now. Hopefully it works.... :huh:

I haven't got the soldering down, yet. I keep fusing the wrong connections together. :lol:

Do they have CETs w/o Borders? :wink: I'd join.

Russty Cat said:
Mucca I hope you get to join Nurses without borders! Its an amazing group! My mom was with Doctors without borders before she got to ill to go. They did some amazing things all over the world. My old roommate from when I worked at a private camp is now with Nurses without borders on a ship someplace I think over in the gulf. She said she is having an amazing life changing time. She sends my mom and dad monthly emails.

It sounds absolutely amazing! To get to travel and make difference...who could ask for more...well maybe if Edge came along as well :wink:

Drea said:

Hmm... try putting a zero at the front maybe? If I thought hard enough I could remember the BoM transit code, I've seen it enough while I've encoded cheques at work... Hmm.. not that this would be much help, but I think it's either 001, 002 or 003 ;)

Yeah I found on a site it's 001...I tried to put a zero infront but that didn't work :sad:
When I deposit a MO tomorrow I'll just ask them to write everythign down for me :laugh:
Thanks for your help though Drea!

Sad_Girl said:
Not exactly ALL the time Russty; I do sort of need to um, oh yeah, get a JOB :madspit:

Why can't I get paid to play the sims... :hmm: that'd be COOL!! :cool:

Jobs are way to overrated! :wink:

elysithea said:

:D

I'm building an AM/FM receiver for class, now. Hopefully it works.... :huh:

I haven't got the soldering down, yet. I keep fusing the wrong connections together. :lol:

Do they have CETs w/o Borders? :wink: I'd join.

I was terrible at tech ed in gr.8 :huh: I didn't know what connected with what. Although I loved soldering! It's so fun! :D

Mucca said:

I was terrible at tech ed in gr.8 :huh: I didn't know what connected with what. Although I loved soldering! It's so fun! :D

:hyper: Sorry Mucca I'm just very excited that you're into nursing too! Wheee! :lol:

Anyone up for one of my gross hospital/clinical stories? :wink:

FlyYourKite said:

Yeah I found on a site it's 001...I tried to put a zero infront but that didn't work :sad:
When I deposit a MO tomorrow I'll just ask them to write everythign down for me :laugh:
Thanks for your help though Drea!

Welcome *G*

Elessarian - Zeus visited Danae as a shower of gold, as her dad had her locked up in a tower to keep her away from men... He clearly forgot creative lords of Olympus :lmao:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Golden showers.....:hmm:
I don't recall that one......

I gotta say the bull has to be my favourite......:lmao:

That was Europa?

And speaking of Zooropa/Achtung Baby :wink: I just recently found out there were 2 versions of the "Love Is Blindness" video. :ohmy:

Mucca said:

It sounds absolutely amazing! To get to travel and make difference...who could ask for more...well maybe if Edge came along as well :wink:

Being in nursing or the medical field no matter where you do it is life changing for you as well as others.

When I was 17 years old I watched my mom literally save a mans life. We were driving home from a movie theatre and we came up to an accident in the rode. Some how a car ended up with a motorcycle impaled into it. There were tons of people standing around, but no one was going near the guy who had been on the motorcycle. My mom started screaming at my dad to stop the car, before he was even fully stopped she jumped out of the car at a dead run. She ran thru glass, metal, and tons of blood in her bare feet to get to the guy. He was literally bleeding to death, because both of his hands had almost been completely torn of. My mom did turniquets on him and sat on his chest trying to slow down the flow of blood till the ambulance got there. I can remember it plain as day. She was laying on this guy calmly talking to him about how he was going to be just fine and she just wanted to make sure he didn't get cold. She asked him his name and told him that she was a nurse and that help was coming. He told her that if he didn't make it to please tell his wife and kids that he loved them very much and that he was sorry.

I'm crying just thinking about the poor guy. Thankfully he did live and they were able to re-attach his hands. He doesn't have a whole lot of use of them, but he has gotten better over the years, my mom was told. The doctors said that if my mom hadn't done what she did the other people would have ended up watching him die.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Leda got it on with a swan.......actually the swan was horny and kinda just took poor Leda
Very erotic poem though..
if you're inot feathers and stuff....
:lmao:

(And what did youmleanr in univversity little girl? )

Damn my high school English teachers for never properly teaching greek myths too us!:madspit:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Leda got it on with a swan.......actually the swan was horny and kinda just took poor Leda
Very erotic poem though..
if you're inot feathers and stuff....
:lmao:

(And what did youmleanr in univversity little girl? )

:lol: I didn't take english in college. I earned my credits in AP classes in high school. I've been taking technical writing classes, instead. :yawn: It's not nearly as exciting. :lol:

E, there's two versions?? I've never seen either of them. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom