PLEBA Girls Party - We're one and we get to carry each other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JezSnape said:
Dazz, thanks :giggle: I was afraid it was something serious :shifty: Not that I've ever done anything bad :angel:

:ohmy: I'm sorry..... I caused you concern ! :hug:
I should have included a smiley smilie or something....

I really, really appreciate you taking the time commenting on my drawings :hug: Thank you!

:hug: it's my pleasure to compliment people's work...
......I try to be careful at suggestions.......b/c I used to be, can still can be under- i guess- certain circumstances-- very sensitive even to mild critism of my art. But I've improved at taking critiques IF they are done gently.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But I really try to see if I understand the point of the critique first, and if I do, then there's no problem. Like when you pointed out Bono's hair, I could see what you meant right away. However, I just went to the thread and looked at the pictures again, and I have actually drawn a scowl on Larry :lol:

Well, I have to take off right now, but as I said, I'll be back in an hour or so :hug: to everyone who might leave, or come in while I'm away...

If I could just vent for a second....

I'm so stressed right now. In addition to my regular work, I have to make up assignments I haven't done over the past 2 months. Yes, that's my fault but I was sick at the time. I appreciate my teachers letting me make the stuff up but it's all at once and I have only a month to do it. Or I don't graduate. And I'm fucked.

Also, I'm not as OK with this damn disease as everyone thinks I am. I put on a face that I'm OK with being a diabetic, that nothing's changed, because that's how everyone expects me to be. For 17-18 years, I was relatively healthy and this thing hits me out of nowhere. I'm not supposed to have diabetes!! I'm thin, I'm healthy. I see people who should have this stupid disease and don't. Yet, I do everything right and I get it.

That's the worst part. Since Type 1 is genetic, there's absolutely nothing I could have done to prevent it from happening. So I would have gotten it sometime in my life, no matter what I had done. And that just makes me feel worse, knowing I can't control it.

/rant

Last edited:
Hi BG! I don't think we've "met" either. Nice to meet you! :D I'm doing great, how are you?

:hug: 's for dg. Sorry you're going thru a tough time right now.

DG darling, I know how stressed you must feel.
Especially with school and everything on top of that.
I've got to do a two years course in one year now, because everything got on top of me, with so much shit happening.

So I get how stressed you must be, but my only advice to you is get your head in your books & dont take it out till you've done that work.

That's way harder than it sounds, and I know, I've been there myself, but it's the only way you're going to get through this.

Also, your diabetes is something you're going to have to learn to live with, I know enough people with it to know how difficult it is & the chances are some day im going to be in the same boat as a lot of my family have the disease.

Get the right diet information and everything, make sure your doctors know the stress of school aswell, they may be able to help with that.

And what you said about seeing everyone who should have that disease & how you've done everything right?
The only thing I can say to you, is that those things happen to the best people.

But thats life.

I hope your ok love :)

daygloeyes2 said:
BG!!! :hyper: :hug:

I got your reply, but I've been sooo swamped with everything, I haven't had a chance to reply.

How is my little sis? :heart:

I'm just glad you got it :D

I'm doing great :(
I started work today at the racecourse and fainted :|

Aswell as that ive been going dizzy and headaches and urgh its just horrible!

They sent me home but I feel ok now :)
& hopefully ill be good for tomorrow!

DG, still here? :hug:

Okay, that pisses me off beyond belief that they're expecting you to complete those assignments. It's completely within reason (and their control) that they could calculate your marks while leaving those out. :mad: :mad: Just a suggestion, but could your school nurse maybe intervene for you? Or your doctor? A guidance counsellor?

If I were there, I'd be kicking some asses. :mad:

Thanks BG :hug:

I am doing well with the diet. I've been eating healthy for the past year, so it's not much of a change. :shrug: And I do take care of myself. I guess the part that's most frustrating is that I'm not in control. I have to rely on these shots to produce insulin. If it's too little, my sugar goes up. If it's too much(as it has been) my sugar gets too low. My body used to be able to regulate all that. Now it can't on it's own.

VintagePunk said:
DG, still here? :hug:

Okay, that pisses me off beyond belief that they're expecting you to complete those assignments. It's completely within reason (and their control) that they could calculate your marks while leaving those out. :mad: :mad: Just a suggestion, but could your school nurse maybe intervene for you? Or your doctor? A guidance counsellor?

If I were there, I'd be kicking some asses. :mad:

Actually, I'm grateful they're letting me make up work. See, my guidance counselor and one of the asst. principals talked to my teachers and asked due to my circumstances, could I make up some assignments I didn't do over the past 2 months and get full credit on them.

BG, sorry you're not feeling well. :( :hug:

Well, the shots will help with that
& over time you'll get used to your body not being in control.

But really, you are in control, because you're the one giving yourself the right amounts of insulin.

I dont know if that made as much sense in my head as it did in yours :lol:

you're gonna hit 16K soon! :hyper:

daygloeyes2 said:

Actually, I'm grateful they're letting me make up work. See, my guidance counselor and one of the asst. principals talked to my teachers and asked due to my circumstances, could I make up some assignments I didn't do over the past 2 months and get full credit on them.

BG, sorry you're not feeling well. :( :hug:

Oh, okay. The way you talked, I thought that it was adding to your stress. Sorry. I just wanted to point out that if that were the case, it's not unreasonable to think that they could calculate marks without factoring in the missed assignments.

And hi, everyone. :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Oh, okay. The way you talked, I thought that it was adding to your stress. Sorry. I just wanted to point out that if that were the case, it's not unreasonable to think that they could calculate marks without factoring in the missed assignments.

And hi, everyone. :hug:

I'm just stressed I have to do all of the work on top of the work I'm still making up and the current work.

And I need those assigments to be able to pass my classes and graduate.

Am I making any sense? :huh: :crack:

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm just stressed I have to do all of the work on top of the work I'm still making up and the current work.

And I need those assigments to be able to pass my classes and graduate.

Am I making any sense? :huh: :crack:

But that's what I'm trying to say, not that you should accept zero on those assignments, but that they should calculate your mark without them. For example, if you've done 8 assignments and gotten 90% on each of them, and then missed two, your final mark shouldn't be (90x8)/10, it should be (90x8)/8, which would give you a higher mark, making those missing marks meaningless. It's done at Sarah's school all the time, with a doctor's note. She was let out of a few assignments and an exam in one class, and it didn't impact her mark at all. Her teacher was the one who recommended she do this!

Hi BG :hug: Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, as well. :(

I'm doing okay, thanks.

VintagePunk said:

But that's what I'm trying to say, not that you should accept zero on those assignments, but that they should calculate your mark without them. For example, if you've done 8 assignments and gotten 90% on each of them, and then missed two, your final mark shouldn't be (90x8)/10, it should be (90x8)/8, which would give you a higher mark, making those missing marks meaningless. It's done at Sarah's school all the time, with a doctor's note. She was let out of a few assignments and an exam in one class, and it didn't impact her mark at all. Her teacher was the one who recommended she do this!

I get what you're saying now. :yes:

If they did that, it would make my life a hell of alot easier. :|

Back
Top Bottom