Pleba Girls Party: We're going down under....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi:happy:

not here for long...we are putting new siding on our house and I have to hold the ladder:|

JezSnape said:
Hey VP and Wild :hug :

If you'll all excuse me, I have to go get some "fresh air" before I start hacking up a lung here : | I hate coughing!

:yikes: BYe Jez hope you feel better soon :hug:

Thora have fun. :hug:

^ Yes it is, but the more I do now the less I'll be running around Sat morning before meeting my family at Megan's apt (It's actually in Yorkville, maybe a 10 min walk from the hotel(s) U2 were at while they were here - my sister's got a swankier place than me! She's actually going to be somebody's roommate, but still )

Relatively close - she's on Yonge St north of Bloor... she'd still have to go 8 subway stops to get to me *g* A pretty short trip though, all things considered, and not too bad for the 'rents either (as I know they'll want to visit us at the same *snerk*)

Wow what a location, Yorkville. :drool: :drool: Loved that area when me and Wild went for a drink there. :drool:

bonoishot said:

Well done on your productiveness. I've done nothing. :lol::drool:

"Missing" boyfriends. :madwife: Andy sounds alot like your guy as its gonna be hard for me and him to see each other over next few months. We'll probably be missing each other like you two. He does always keep in touch though. Am thinking right now though, maybe i'm wrong putting of my trip to Canada for a guy as i'm not first on his priority list (thats understandably his kids) im like 4th i think. Behind the kids, his job, his PGCE qualification he has to do for work. We both get on so well though, like i never have before.

I shouldn't think so much, i confuse myself. :lmao:

Hope B gets home early enough for you to see him. :hug: Will cross my fingers for you aswell.

Thanks :hug: The way I'd look at it if I were you is this - I think the kind of father a guy is says a LOT about the kind of man he is...and kids really should come first. I wouldn't want a man who neglected his kids, and I don't think you would either. That said, it IS kinda frustrating at times. :| But I totally understand. For the job/certification, I think that's great! Show's he's ambitious, and will work to get ahead, a really good quality in a b/f. I can't even count the number of times I've had to tell B I can't see him in the past few weeks because of school and meetings, but he understands. :)

Wild!! :hug:

Sorry if I'm missing people coming and going, flipping btwn here and my work page...

I'm back now. Managed to walk the dog too. :D

It's a good thing that I don't have any classes until 13.00 tomorrow, I'll probably be dead tomorrow anyway :happy:
I have a pretty high fever...

Hey Dis :hug: A siding on your house, wow... and I complain about having to put book shelves together... :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Thanks :hug : The way I'd look at it if I were you is this - I think the kind of father a guy is says a LOT about the kind of man he is...and kids really should come first. I wouldn't want a man who neglected his kids, and I don't think you would either. That said, it IS kinda frustrating at times. : | But I totally understand. For the job/certification, I think that's great! Show's he's ambitious, and will work to get ahead, a really good quality in a b/f. I can't even count the number of times I've had to tell B I can't see him in the past few weeks because of school and meetings, but he understands. : )

Some very good points there. I totally agree about the kids thing. He adors his kids and i love that about him that he is a good dad. They always come first and i wouldn't want that any other way. After him seeing how my fathers neglect made me turn out hes even more determined to be there for his kids. :heart:

I never thought of the work thing like that before. It is a good thing in that way. Maybe i should be more ambitious myself. :lol:

This whole relationship thing is totally new to me aswell though and i think because of that i just wanna see him alot more than i can. Think i need to take up some hobbies so i don't get so hung up on it. :lol:

Hes a really good guy, he understands me more than any other guy i've known, all my little insecurities aswell as positive things. I don't get that alot in guys i meet so i think it is definately worth seeing where it goes.

Like you said. It does/and probably will continue to get frustrating at times. :|

Last edited:
WildHoney said:
Hi Jem clone:love:, VP :drool: Dis :drool:

I sorted out 5 bags of clothes earlier :yikes:

And that's just what i've brought since May :ohmy:

Wow thats alot of stuff Wild :ohmy:

Next time im in London we should go shopping together down Oxford Street. :drool: Not sure how NI will feel about that though. More money. :lmao:

Thought my Ipod had died on me on Friday but its working again. :bow::love:

bonoishot said:

Wow thats alot of stuff Wild :ohmy:

Next time im in London we should go shopping together down Oxford Street. :drool: Not sure how NI will feel about that though. More money. :lmao:

Thought my Ipod had died on me on Friday but its working again. :bow::love:

Oxford Street :drool:

We must do that :yes: and he won't know how much i spent / brought unless he comes :lol:

I haven't even opened my U2 i-pod yet :reject:

bonoishot said:

Some very good points there. I totally agree about the kids thing. He adors his kids and i love that about him that he is a good dad. They always come first and i wouldn't want that any other way. After him seeing how my fathers neglect made me turn out hes even more determined to be there for his kids.

I never thought of the work thing like that before. It is a good thing in that way. Maybe i should be more ambitious myself. :lol:

This whole relationship thing is totally new to me aswell though and i think because of that i just wanna see him alot more than i can. Think i need to take up some hobbies so i don't get so hung up on it. :lol:

Hes a really good guy, he understands me more than any other guy i've known, all my little insecurities aswell as positive things. I don't get that alot in guys i meet so i think it is definately worth seeing where it goes.

Like you said. It does/and probably will continue to get frustrating at times. :|

The father thing. :love: As I've said, for a couple of years, I really only knew B superficially. I think that when we started to really get to know each other, and I learned more about his relationship with his kids, that's when I really started falling for him. There's nothing more attractive than a man who's a great father. :)

I really do think he sounds great for you so far! :yes: It's really normal in a new relationship to want to see each other all the time, but you also have to realize that people have life commitments that they can't get out of (work, school). Now if he was blowing you off all the time to go sit in some pub, that would be a different matter. :) My B doesn't go to bars a lot, but he does play several sports, especially in the summer...and he has a lot of friends that he sees. I know that's a really important part of his life, so I've come to accept it.

WildHoney said:
Jem :hug:

My new hobby is cooking for NI :lol :

I did start cooking when we first got a house and were married but then i got lazy, then ill but now i feel more confident i can cook i'll be starting again , and i have to try out these low fat recipes on someone :lol:

Good on you.:up: I need to learn to cook. I'm hopeless apart from a few things i can cook. I said to Andy last night, how about i cook for YOU sometime or do you think ill give ya food poisoning and he was like no i don't think you will but its just easier when i cook. I was like if he wants to cook, let him cook, i'll just sit there with my glass of wine. :lmao:

:drool:

Yes there's an HD store in TO and it's pretty easy to get to :wink: I'm assuming because of the size they have clothing there too - just remind me when you come over here next year Wild and I'll take you there :D

WildHoney said:

We must do that :yes: and he won't know how much i spent / brought unless he comes :lol:

I haven't even opened my U2 i-pod yet :reject:

:scream: MINE IS BROKEN!!!!

I was in the car, (not driving, mind you!) and suddenly one earplug started buzzing! no sound of the song on the background, just buzzing.... :yikes:

and no, no luck sightseeing..

well, not directly....

I'm very scared now...

IF Bono was in Eze the 21st... I might've seen him an inch in front of me without recognizing him.... :no: please let it NOT be true!!!!

ack thread to busy, hi everyone, I can't name.... too many ppl!!!!!!!

bonoishot said:

Good on you.:up: I need to learn to cook. I'm hopeless apart from a few things i can cook. I said to Andy last night, how about i cook for YOU sometime or do you think ill give ya food poisoning and he was like no i don't think you will but its just easier when i cook. I was like if he wants to cook, let him cook, i'll just sit there with my glass of wine. :lmao:

I say let him :lol:

NI used to give me more on my plate than his :madwife: , that's why he lost weight and i pt it on :sigh:

He was only doing it because he thought i was ill and needed to be looked after, although he really didn't realise he was doing it

i've talked about it with my diet group and they agree it wasn't intentional

So that's why i have to do meals to make sure i have the right portions.:drool:

Although i do like a large portion now and again :sexywink:

WildHoney said:

We must do that :yes : and he won't know how much i spent / brought unless he comes :lol :

I haven't even opened my U2 i-pod yet :reject :

Can't imagine him to agreeing to come. :lol:

The 4 floor Topshop. :drool: Selfridges. :combust:

Open it. Play the videos. Download your free video. :drool::combust:

The HD shop in Chicago.

food poisoning... eww... I had that in france for a few days.... no good!

btw, in Grasse (perfume capital of france) I saw Willy Nelson! (did Slowdancing with U2) my father recognized him..... he looked pretty old...

VintagePunk said:

The father thing. :love : As I've said, for a couple of years, I really only knew B superficially. I think that when we started to really get to know each other, and I learned more about his relationship with his kids, that's when I really started falling for him. There's nothing more attractive than a man who's a great father. : )

I really do think he sounds great for you so far! :yes: It's really normal in a new relationship to want to see each other all the time, but you also have to realize that people have life commitments that they can't get out of (work, school). Now if he was blowing you off all the time to go sit in some pub, that would be a different matter. :) My B doesn't go to bars a lot, but he does play several sports, especially in the summer...and he has a lot of friends that he sees. I know that's a really important part of his life, so I've come to accept it.

Yeah i agree with you. He thinks his kids will like me aswell. We're waiting for some time to pass before i meet them though so as not to confuse them. They're only 6 and 7. :cute: He let their mum have the house aswell, signed it over to her when they got divorced as he wanted his kids to have a house to live in. :heart:

I'm just being stupid. :reject: I agree with everything you said, it will just take some getting used to. Its all new to me. :lol: I suppose when we do get to see each other it might make it more special.

Back
Top Bottom