Pleba Girls Party: We're going down under....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:
92b54251.jpg

40730717.jpg

How pretty do they all look. :cute:

And i love Eves FOAD look shes giving that guy. :lmao:

I'm willing to bet she learned that from "Uncle Larry" :lol: It's amazing how much the girls look like Ali, they both took after her quite a bit.

:hmm: It looks like I won't have to wait till Wed to continue that afghan I was talking to Carmel about last night *:heart: the knittinghelp.com videos* Looks like I'm doing it right :D

VintagePunk said:
Hi Drea :hug: Just popping in for a sec. What stitch is it that you're doing?

Trying to get some work done today. Trying being the key word. :|

It's not a stitch, it's a technique called picking up stitches, where for example, if I turned my knitting and went to work down the side (like I'm doing for this log cabin afghan), there's no stitches there to work from... what you have to do is stick your needle in every so often and bring up a loop so the next row you have stitches to work from - I'm probably explaining it badly, but you can see what I'm trying to do here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/dynamic/php/video/index.php?file=/bas-tech-more/picking-up-sts

Drea said:

It's not a stitch, it's a technique called picking up stitches, where for example, if I turned my knitting and went to work down the side (like I'm doing for this log cabin afghan), there's no stitches there to work from... what you have to do is stick your needle in every so often and bring up a loop so the next row you have stitches to work from - I'm probably explaining it badly, but you can see what I'm trying to do here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/dynamic/php/video/index.php?file=/bas-tech-more/picking-up-sts

I know what you mean, but I don't think I've ever done it. Little known fact - I can knit. :shifty: :wink:

I was picking up for the next section when you posted that, and as it's a bitch for me to do right now it took a little while :lol: You knit? :D

Well, I haven't for years and years, but I know how to. :shifty:

My grandma showed me basic stitches when I was a kid. For years, I only knit a series of very long scarves. :lol: Then when I was a teen and started going out with my ex, his mother knit, and showed me some more complex stuff. The hardest thing I've ever made was a baby set, with a sweater, booties, and a hat. Don't really think I've ever knit since then, if I remember correctly.

You're ahead of me then - I've not been brave enough to try sweaters or even booties yet :lol: I have the scarves I did for the Knitting Olympics, and counting this one four afghans in progress, but no 'real' clothing *g*

sami0201 said:
I think my wisdom teeth hurt. :scream: :sad: And I think it's causing my headache.

I'm chock full o' complaints today. :happy:

Awww, are they coming in? :hug:

First you're sleeping and then tired like me, now you're going around bitching about everything like me...welcome to my world! :happy: :lmao:

Drea said:
You're ahead of me then - I've not been brave enough to try sweaters or even booties yet :lol: I have the scarves I did for the Knitting Olympics, and counting this one four afghans in progress, but no 'real' clothing *g*

I'm sure that it wouldn't be hard for you, given that you already know some knitting, and with your crocheting skill - just find a basic pattern to follow, and for any unfamiliar stitches, get someone to show you, or I guess you could look it up online, like you did. Back in the day, there was no Internet for me to reference. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Awww, are they coming in? :hug:

First you're sleeping and then tired like me, now you're going around bitching about everything like me...welcome to my world! :happy: :lmao:

Yeah, one is already halfway in but that didn't hurt. Now I think maybe the other side is coming in. :scream: I better not need them removed. :madwife:

:lmao: I'm you!!! :happy:

I just ate a really fattening, chocolatey brownie. :angry:

I never went through the wisdom tooth thing, all mine were impacted and leaning sideways, and had to come out. And so are Sarah's, now, according to her x-rays a few months ago. :| Must suck, though. :( If it gets too bad, maybe some Ora-gel for babies would help?

Poor thing, I hope you get back to normal soon, cause I have to tell you, being me is such a joy. :happy: :lmao:

VintagePunk said:
I never went through the wisdom tooth thing, all mine were impacted and leaning sideways, and had to come out. And so are Sarah's, now, according to her x-rays a few months ago. :| Must suck, though. :( If it gets too bad, maybe some Ora-gel for babies would help?

Poor thing, I hope you get back to normal soon, cause I have to tell you, being me is such a joy. :happy: :lmao:

That sucks. :( I need to get x-rays soon, I think.

:lmao: :hug:

Okay, I *really* need to get to work. If I can get alot done this weekend, it'll elliminate having to work extremely late at night next week...when there are other late night things during the week that I'd much rather being doing. :shifty: :wink:

I'm sure I'll be checking back in frequently, though. See you both later. :hug:

*finishes section* This is actually looking pretty good :D Still think I'll put it away for now though :wink:

:hmm: Should I get dressed and go next door for junk food (and butter, which I'm out of), get dressed and go half a block down to an actual grocery store, or stay here in my pjs? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom