Pleba Girls Party: We're going down under....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. I am stunned. My ex best friend who I haven't spoken a word to in almost a year sent me a message on facebook saying "I know we don't have contact anymore but I do remember your birthday and I wanted to wish you a happy one."

:ohmy:

sami0201 said:
Wow. I am stunned. My ex best friend who I haven't spoken a word to in almost a year sent me a message on facebook saying "I know we don't have contact anymore but I do remember your birthday and I wanted to wish you a happy one."

:ohmy:

That’s a nice surprise

I've thought about doing something like that to people I've lost touch with on kind of bad terms, but I’ve never had the guts to.

I was even thinking about sending my farther a “let’s let bygones be bygones card” the other day, but I think it will take A LOT more from me to get to a point where I can do that.

I sent her one back saying "hi, thanks a lot. i know yours is next week...I hope you have a good one.xx"

SG that was nice of her, but the thing is that after what happened between us I really do not want to be friends again. The best thing that ever happened to me was that I stopped being friends with her. I am totally fine with having contact and being civil (saying hi in the halls, etc) but to be friends? No thanks. I don't think she wants to either, I just think she was being nice which was a nice thing for her to do.

Hi girls, just taking a quick dinner break before I get back to work. :hug:

SG, I've been meaning to say thanks for the SIMS :) I'm not on when you post them lately, but I see them when I catch up. And Sarah is VERY pleased with recent developments. :lol:

Have you had a good day, Sami? :hug: Working on birthdays sucks. :angry: And I'm sure that's what I'll be doing on mine, too. :angry:

sami0201 said:
I sent her one back saying "hi, thanks a lot. i know yours is next week...I hope you have a good one.xx"

SG that was nice of her, but the thing is that after what happened between us I really do not want to be friends again. The best thing that ever happened to me was that I stopped being friends with her. I am totally fine with having contact and being civil (saying hi in the halls, etc) but to be friends? No thanks. I don't think she wants to either, I just think she was being nice which was a nice thing for her to do.

It's a sign of maturity to be able to recognize that and be able to make the choice to be nice/friendly versus getting tangled up in each others lives as friends again :up:

VintagePunk said:

SG, I've been meaning to say thanks for the SIMS :) I'm not on when you post them lately, but I see them when I catch up. And Sarah is VERY pleased with recent developments. :lol:

I don't get to play them as often as I did before - which is really probably a good thing, since it means I'm working more, but still ... :lol:

But yeah, I thought she might be interested in that :shifty: :lol:

i'm going to jump in the shower now :wave: i'll probably be back in not too long. don't have too much fun without me

VP :hug:

Yeah, I've had a good day. :) I got a new U2 iPod and the thing isn't working! :madwife: :lmao: So I have to bring it back tomorrow. But that means I get new makeup when we go to the mall to bring it back. :drool:

:sad: Sarah turned on the Emmys, and Six Feet Under just lost the directing and writing awards...the final episode was the one nominated, and it was the best thing I've ever seen on tv, really moving. :sad: They shoulda won. I still think of that episode, and it was months ago that I saw it...

:ohmy: Did you see this, SG?

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=156426&perpage=15&pagenumber=13

The entire series was amazing, but that last episode...wow, there aren't even words to describe the beauty and poignancy of it. And it wasn't just the writing/story, it was beautifully shot and directed. I'd encourage you all to rent the dvd, but it needs to be in context of the entire series. Soooo, I guess you should all rent the series. :wink:

Ooh They finally do some U2 stuff :D

Thanks VP :up:

Drea - I actually think I'm going to sign off and read for awhile, myself

I've got Stephen King's 'Nightmares and dreamscapes' to curl up with until 'Shakespeare - retold' comes on at 11:30

Happy Birthday again, Sami :hug:

Night Ladies :hug:

(I may be back around 1:30 :shifty: :wink: )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom