PLEBA Girls Party: Welcome to the Hotel PLEBA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:

I don't even have to look to know what hotel that is from what you just said *G* That would be handy, just go downstairs and there you are, at the Dome :wink:

Throughout the 90's, I met almost every Jays player there ever was. I once shared an elevator ride with the object of my affection, Juan Guzman, at that hotel. :drool: :drool: What a sweet man...He autographed a picture of he and I, taken the season before. :)
I'd run into them in the lobbies, in the restaurants, at Hard Rock...

VintagePunk said:

Throughout the 90's, I met almost every Jays player there ever was. I once shared an elevator ride with the object of my affection, Juan Guzman, at that hotel. :drool: :drool: What a sweet man...He autographed a picture of he and I, taken the season before. :)

Which means you met Alex Gonzalez and Carlos Delgado.. you lucky lucky :censored: :drool:

Last edited:
Joanne that place looks cool! I'd love to stay there!

I just talked to Mr. Cat and it seems he was supposed to meet a client tonight. :( He asked me why I was calling and I said that Mini-cat wanted to go out to eat and that I needed to go to town to shop. He totally shocked me by saying that he was going to call his client and reschedule for Wednesday and he would come take us out. :hyper: This is a total first for him! He usually never cancels on things to be with me! :dance: I honestly thought that after the weekend was over we would go back to being the way we had been. But it seems like he really took things to heart and is making a huge effort. He even told me that he had missed me today. :heart: *girly sigh* If he's not careful he might actually get lucky. :sexywink: :laugh:

bonoishot said:
wow jobob that looks nice :drool:

I know ... I could book myself into that place (pun not intended) and spend my whole visit to NYC reading. :giggle:

... and the "Erotic Literature Room" souncs very sexy ... :sexywink:

Hi everyone! :wave:

Jobob, I want to stay at that hotel one day too! You know, OCLC gave them a hard time about using the Dewey Decimal Classifications without paying for the privilege at first, but they decided to back off.

A couple of librarians were asking me about school today. :sad: But I WILL get back there one day!!!

VintagePunk said:

you were a pleban in training, im so proud

:lmao:

theres 2 really nice hotels in manchester! the one where U2 stayed that iposted in old topic ( The England Football/Soccer Team also stay there when they are in manchester) and another one where the Manchester United team stay!me and rachel were in that one with some friends just sitting in the bar drinkin and havin alaugh and the whole Manchester Utd team walked in, we were like :shocked::hyper:

jobob said:

I know ... I could book myself into that place (pun not intended) and spend my whole visit to NYC reading. :giggle:

that erotic literature room was made for reading BP

:laugh:

thought i doubt thats what they had in mind :lol:

jobob said:

:giggle: That place would be *very* cool... I'd probably book myself into a room in the 780s (crafting, if I remember correctly, it's been 15 yrs since I worked in a library) and have a blast :wink:

VintagePunk said:

That is so cool! :hyper: I'm jealuos!

Funny sports related story. My dad bought one of the special boxes at The Anaheim Pond for a season, so we could go watch hokey games there. So one night when my dad and brothers went after the game they were getting ready to leave and somehow ended up down near the elevators that lead to the locker rooms on the lower level. My older brother who happens to be really good looking convinced the gal who was doing security to let him and my two younger brothers on the elevator. So they ended up in the locker room with all the players! :laugh: They were their for like 10 minutes, before someone realized they weren't anyones kids. :giggle: But my brother said they were really nice and signed a bunch of stuff for them anyway. And the players were all impressed that they had gotten passed security. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

That is so cool! :hyper: I'm jealuos!

Funny sports related story. My dad bought one of the special boxes at The Anaheim Pond for a season, so we could go watch hokey games there. So one night when my dad and brothers went after the game they were getting ready to leave and somehow ended up down near the elevators that lead to the locker rooms on the lower level. My older brother who happens to be really good looking convinced the gal who was doing security to let him and my two younger brothers on the elevator. So they ended up in the locker room with all the players! :laugh: They were their for like 10 minutes, before someone realized they weren't anyones kids. :giggle: But my brother said they were really nice and signed a bunch of stuff for them anyway. And the players were all impressed that they had gotten passed security. :lol:

:lmao: good on them! bet they get some kicks out of telling that one :wink:

Drea said:

Which means you met Alex Gonzalez and Carlos Delgado.. you lucky lucky :censored: :drool:
Yup. :) Every year, a friend/friends used to check into the hotel for several days, hit a few games, and go to the Variety Club Jays Benefit...it was always held during the first homestand of the season. That's where I got the pic taken with Juan...all the players would sit behind tables and people would line up for autographs for an hour or so...the entire teams/coaches were always there, all except for that days starter. Then you entered a ballroom for a luncheon, with the players all sitting at a head table. That year, the fans were seated, and I was watching the players walk in and sit...my eyes were glued to Juan. He walked up to his seat, paused for a sec, then kept going out the door back into the lobby. I waited a respectful amount of time (like 30 seconds :lol: ) and then subtly got up and went out myself. He had gone to one of the bars that were set up in the lobby and had gotten a drink. I walked over, said how I'd admired his previous start, asked a few questions which he was glad to answer...he grinned like crazy. :) I asked if I could get a pic with him, and he said sure, and asked the bartender to take one of us. He put his arm around me. :heart: It was only the three of us out there for a good 3 or 4 minutes, but before long, dozens of others came out, and bombarded him. I moved off to the side, he stood and signed more autographs, took pics, then said he had to leave. I was way over on the other side by then, but before he left, he caught my eye, and smiled and waved. :heart: God, I adored that man...

Diane L said:
Hi everyone! :wave:

Jobob, I want to stay at that hotel one day too! You know, OCLC gave them a hard time about using the Dewey Decimal Classifications without paying for the privilege at first, but they decided to back off.

A couple of librarians were asking me about school today. :sad: But I WILL get back there one day!!!

Where is OCLC's sense of humor? I'm guessing under 817 (humor and satire).

As God is your and my witness, Diane, you will go back to library school!

VintagePunk said:

That's where B and I shall stay. *nodding emphatically*

:sexywink:

jobob flies to New York, goes to hotel, reserves room, goes to B's New York apartment, drags him out of his New York apartment, shoves him into a taxi, and rushes him to the hotel before VP can get there .... :evil:

say, VP, didya happen to see page 18 of the old thread?

daygloeyes2 said:

Now you've given that up....and focused your attention on stalking rock stars. :wink:

Exactly! :yes: Let's hope I have as much luck at my new endeavour as I did at my old one. *crossing fingers* :lol:

And you know, out of all the ballplayers I've ever met...at the annual benefit, at the hotel, in restaurants, bars, etc...there is only one who I've ever seen exhibit rudeness, and you know who that is. :mad: :mad:

VintagePunk said:

Exactly! :yes: Let's hope I have as much luck at my new endeavour as I did at my old one. *crossing fingers* :lol:

And you know, out of all the ballplayers I've ever met...at the annual benefit, at the hotel, in restaurants, bars, etc...there is only one who I've ever seen exhibit rudeness, and you know who that is. :mad: :mad:

:hmm:

I have 3 guesses as to who that may be. Wells, Clemens, or both? :lol:

jobob said:

jobob flies to New York, goes to hotel, reserves room, goes to B's New York apartment, drags him out of his New York apartment, shoves him into a taxi, and rushes him to the hotel before VP can get there .... :evil:

say, VP, didya happen to see page 18 of the old thread?

*Jobob, being the book geek she is, forgets all about B being there, becomes engrossed in a dusty ol' book, allowing VP to swoop right in, and steal B back* :evil: :tongue:

Page 18...going to check...

daygloeyes2 said:

:hmm:

I have 3 guesses as to who that may be. Wells, Clemens, or both? :lol:

Wells. :mad: Asshole...blowing off a little kid. :madspit:

Anyway, the rest were really, really nice. Pleasant.

Maybe it's in the way that you approach them, though? I've walked by many of them in the hotel, and you can tell by their body language that they're in a hurry, or don't want to be bothered. So I never did. :shrug: They're people too.

Back
Top Bottom