PLEBA Girls Party: Welcome to the Hotel PLEBA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CeeCee said:

Holy wow! :shock: That is... so freaking ambitious. I liked psych when I took it in community college, but when I took psych 2 at RMWC I didn't liek ti as much. Mainly because they had these 'labs' that you had to do and I just couldn't figure them out. Otherwise I might have liked it better. I'm hoping ot take abnormal Psych sometime.

What did the labs involve??

Many people think of psych as just being clinical, but there are so many facets you have to learn. It's a gigantic field, and some areas appeal more some people than others. Me, I tend to enjoy the social-sciencey areas (clinical, social, developmental), and like the neuropsychological areas less, although even those areas have subjects within them that are fascinating.

Also, it's far more research-oriented than most realize. I had no idea when I started. :huh: For the past two years, the vast majority of my psych classes have been in research methodology, and statistics (I've taken 4 required classes in each).

Eles! :hug: Haven't seen you in ages!

I've got very little video game experiance. *hangs head* I actually have teh FOTR game for the computer that I've had for 2 years or so now and I still can't get Frodo to jump the stone fence withouth getting caught by the Nasgul.

CeeCee said:
Eles! :hug: Haven't seen you in ages!

I've got very little video game experiance. *hangs head* I actually have teh FOTR game for the computer that I've had for 2 years or so now and I still can't get Frodo to jump the stone fence withouth getting caught by the Nasgul.

That image strikes me as funny. :giggle: I have the ROTK game but haven't ever gotten around to loading it onto my computer. Talk about lazy!! :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Eless!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Where have you been?? :shame: [/gentle scolding]

:hug: :hug:

Missing my pleban compatriots, of course. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Actually, school has found its way back into my life in a big way. I met with a prof on Saturday and we briefly outlined a 2 year plan for the dissertation. He was basically like "ready, set, GO!!"

How have you been??

Elessarian said:

Missing my pleban compatriots, of course. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Actually, school has found its way back into my life in a big way. I met with a prof on Saturday and we briefly outlined a 2 year plan for the dissertation. He was basically like "ready, set, GO!!"

How have you been??

Did you point out to him that all of the best dissertations take 3 years? :wink:

I've been....meh. Same old, same old.

VintagePunk said:

What did the labs involve??

Many people think of psych as just being clinical, but there are so many facets you have to learn. It's a gigantic field, and some areas appeal more some people than others. Me, I tend to enjoy the social-sciencey areas (clinical, social, developmental), and like the neuropsychological areas less, although even those areas have subjects within them that are fascinating.

Also, it's far more research-oriented than most realize. I had no idea when I started. :huh: For the past two years, the vast majority of my psych classes have been in research methodology, and statistics (I've taken 4 required classes in each).

Going to the computer lab, doing some little survey like thing. Then you had to write up a lab report on it, though no matter how hard I tried I couldn't figure out where to get the lab report from. SO I never had any idea of how to turn it in. It used to so piss me off about that. And I'd ask the teacher but she didn't know how to work it either, becuase she'd never don the labs before and the results went to a different teacher. *grumbles*

Sad_Girl said:

Thanks, me too! :drool: :heart: :wink:

It sounds like you've been a good kind of busy, at least. That's good to hear. I was afraid hurricane Emily had taken a toll on you!

Actually it's been Africa-hot lately, but we got a very strange cold front (well, the edges of a cold front) a week or so ago. And even today the evening was unseasonably cool. Tolerable temps in Alabama in August creep me out...it's like they signal impending doom or something. It's *supposed* to be ass-hot down here till mid-October at least!

Elessarian said:

No news is good news, huh? The dog days of summer I guess.

I think I need to get back into a routine. My sleep habits, although never great, are completely shot to hell. I'm letting life crap interfere with school work, and other than e-mail my advisor a few times, I've really done nothing since vacation ended. I love the unstructuredness (is that even a word??) of summer, but I think to get anything done, I need structure. :|

Elessarian said:

That image strikes me as funny. :giggle: I have the ROTK game but haven't ever gotten around to loading it onto my computer. Talk about lazy!! :wink:

It sucks. I can get the Nazgul distracted but he runs up to the stone wall and won't bleedin' jump! So he gets caught!

CeeCee said:

Going to the computer lab, doing some little survey like thing. Then you had to write up a lab report on it, though no matter how hard I tried I couldn't figure out where to get the lab report from. SO I never had any idea of how to turn it in. It used to so piss me off about that. And I'd ask the teacher but she didn't know how to work it either, becuase she'd never don the labs before and the results went to a different teacher. *grumbles*

That's too bad. :( Maybe with another professor, you'd enjoy it more.

VintagePunk said:

I think I need to get back into a routine. My sleep habits, although never great, are completely shot to hell. I'm letting life crap interfere with school work, and other than e-mail my advisor a few times, I've really done nothing since vacation ended. I love the unstructuredness (is that even a word??) of summer, but I think to get anything done, I need structure. :|

That's me too. I've only *just* gotten back into a semi-routine after weeks of drifting. I'm moving into a new office at school so I'll prolly be spending more time up there. I've starting going back to the library and actually doing my reading. Luckily one of my profs caught me at the coffee shop reading on Friday, so now he thinks that's what I've been doing all summer.

My sleep habits have similarly been shot to hell. Last week I slept about 24 hours for the entire Sunday - Friday week. It was miserable. It's been a real struggle to get a handle on them and sleep like a normal person. But I'm getting there!

Back
Top Bottom