Pleba girls' party.....We get Bono drunk so we can feast on his doughnuts!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

Yes!!!!!! Make it so we don't have to scroll all over for 10 minutes to find the poor pup. :mad:

and there's also some that needs to be taken off of GG's, too.

Can you do it for me?? :flirt:

i tried but it keeps saying its not a valid jpeg file and wont let me open it :mad: which is basically foreign to me :scratch:

i'n not very technologically minded so not sure what to do :huh: sorry:reject::(

bonoishot said:

i tried but it keeps saying its not a valid jpeg file and wont let me open it :mad: which is basically foreign to me :scratch:

i'n not very technologically minded so not sure what to do :huh: sorry:reject::(

Awwww, thanks for trying!! :hug:

I'm sure SG can do it when she comes on.

while we're waiting on VP to fix pics.....

so there i was at Fall 2001 U2 show....it was the first one of the 3 [or 4] they played in NYC/MSG. I'd missed the tix sale or couldn't get one. BUT I HAD to go! I got a tix after 3 days of my first time ever trying to get a tix off the net from someone selling.....[not brkers] I got one 2 hours before the show..... I am about a third of the way past the tip of the heart, with rented binocs.

well I'm singing along w audienceto Elevation pumped into the area as we wait for them...they finally start to arrive on stage , and i BuRST OUT CRYING.
WHich I then actually preceeded to do through most of the show......well I sung and cried at the same time!

I haD not cried since I ran home after heading for MaNHATTAN, SEEING SOME HAPPY SUMMER CLOUD IN A DIAMOND CLEAR DAY, AND LISTENING TO MY WALKMAN sorry pinky slip.....
which I had neglected to turn on while i was running around the house getting ready to leave in the morning ...VERY RARE for me NOT to have the walkman on and earbuds in.....[almost NEVER TV- i don't see how ANYONE can get out of the house with TV on in the morning! :laugh:]

and so i hear these terrible descriptions while having NO IDEA just where/what they were specifically talking about] about some poor fireman covered in ashes, how something looks like a unbeleiveable SF movie, and some building crumbling......
and i thot "oh, dear....."

thern the 4 newspeople stopped dead in their tracks after half a min they say...."the Towers ARE GONE"

I stop dead in my tracks :huh: stare at the walkman as if it had turned into A MONSTER, lOOKED BACK AT THE sky and CLOUD and realized for the first time just WHAT I was seeing [ the destruction] and ran screaming home. lucily 2 blks]

I threw myself on my bed then cried hard for about 5 - 10 mins then stopped had to make phone calls.......

Then i was never able to cry again [which was nealry 2 months or so] till U2 hit the stage.......

it was VERY CATHRTIC a showand my usually lust was well not quite in the backseat of my mind but not the constant wash in the front seat of emotion for this show....

so there i am with binoc that help me see them all better [not close altho on the tip of the heart...it was pretty good- i could discern some faciall features/emtions]. "new York" comes on and it well we had been in he back of stage seats in JULY 2001 so we didn't really see the screehns....as most of you did that first leg.....any way the lights are strobing away when B's really lit up from below.....:ohmy: he was ....in full blossom, my gals...leftward and it was a full show......it was very fast with the strobes...but i know what i saw...:laugh: almost dropped the binocs ....:drool: :drool: :drool: "whaaazzzthat??!!??!

Last edited:
greeneyedgirl said:

I'm on my 4th margarita since 4:00 ish..........

:drool: I've been in love with margaritas ever sinces Mexico:drool: :drool:

I want a beer..but I think I am out of the stuff I like:madspit: We have some wicked aged hard cider (is that so VT or what:lmao: ) in that there dang root cellar....no in the fridge:wink: but thats to be saved for something special:drool: hmmm.....OH rum....ick:madspit:

greeneyedgirl said:
Russty, we have a local hospital, so they have their own health care insurance and the docs, clinic, hospital, er, everything is in the same place, so great!! I used to have their insur. at my old job and it was great, $92 a month and no co-pay, $5 meds, 80% of everything and one bill.
Now I have diff job with BCBShield, which really sucks, one doc in the whole 200 sq mile area, 20% coverage, and you just pay for meds till you hit $500 limit (course that would be nothing for you and me)
So I got on Mr GG's and its only $45 extra a month, no copay, $15 meds, and 80% cov on all the rest till you hit $2000 in one year. Luckily, I haven't used it at all since Sept. (got a friend at the pharm who loaded me up with 6 bottles of darvocet and some other sleeping pills) So Monday is the first I will use it, pretty damn good for me!!

Thankfully you have health insurance. I haven't had any in about 6 years. I got Medi-cal to cover my pregnancies, but that was it. So I pay out the nose. All the money we made selling our house last year is pretty much gone. :(

I switched to a new pharmacy yesterday closer to this house and the lady there was all upset cuz she didn't want me paying $15 for the meds I was picking up. She thought we should TAR Medi-cal to try to get them to pay. I had to school her on the fact that they won't cover me for anything unless its pregnancy related and even if they did its not an allowed medicine by Medi-cal. By the end I felt like screaming, Just give me the damn medicine already! Its the cheapest stuff I get and I need it! :laugh: I swear wait till I get the major stuff she is gonna have a stroke. LOL

Russty Cat said:

I'm glad you let him know what was going on. Its always good for them to keep track of everything.

I get to go to the hospital again tomorrow to continue to fight with them over the $1,200 bill. :mad: And the screwed up thing is I don't think they even fixed the problem. My lower back is hurting again, which is usually a big sign that my kidneys aren't work ing right again and are probably infected. So I'm sure it will be more money and tests. ARGH!

I think its time for me to get a rich boyfriend to pay for all of this stuff. They want to do some steriod treatments on my leg and back before i got to Canada. I'm to the point if thats what it takes to get me on the plane I might let them do it. But I don't care if I have to use a cane, my arse will be on that damn plane! :laugh:

oh hun....:hug; can you get some good vitman C crystal type goes into your body fasr\ter...if you vcan get up to aT LEAST 2-3 GRAMS ADAY, AND WHEN I FEEL A SINUS INFECTION COMING ON iif it's the right time of day [ just not when i'm going to sleep for the night] if i take around 8 grams on that day I can 8 - 9 out of 10 knock off a sinus infection.

check w you doc, but I'm sure if you had one vit extra to get get the vit C and eat the citrus friuts to get extra ....bioflavinoids that help boost the C power even more :hug:

Hi there Ely! :hug: I can hardly bare to look at your avator!!!! Oh god to imagine him coming towards you doing exactly that!!!! :faint: :faint:

Originally posted by greeneyedgirl
Russty, we have a local hospital, so they have their own health care insurance and the docs, clinic, hospital, er, everything is in the same place, so great!! I used to have their insur. at my old job and it was great, $92 a month and no co-pay, $5 meds, 80% of everything and one bill.
Now I have diff job with BCBShield, which really sucks, one doc in the whole 200 sq mile area, 20% coverage, and you just pay for meds till you hit $500 limit (course that would be nothing for you and me)
So I got on Mr GG's and its only $45 extra a month, no copay, $15 meds, and 80% cov on all the rest till you hit $2000 in one year. Luckily, I haven't used it at all since Sept. (got a friend at the pharm who loaded me up with 6 bottles of darvocet and some other sleeping pills) So Monday is the first I will use it, pretty damn good for me!!

Russty Cat said:

Thankfully you have health insurance. I haven't had any in about 6 years. I got Medi-cal to cover my pregnancies, but that was it. So I pay out the nose. All the money we made selling our house last year is pretty much gone. :(

I switched to a new pharmacy yesterday closer to this house and the lady there was all upset cuz she didn't want me paying $15 for the meds I was picking up. She thought we should TAR Medi-cal to try to get them to pay. I had to school her on the fact that they won't cover me for anything unless its pregnancy related and even if they did its not an allowed medicine by Medi-cal. By the end I felt like screaming, Just give me the damn medicine already! Its the cheapest stuff I get and I need it! :laugh: I swear wait till I get the major stuff she is gonna have a stroke. LOL

I feel so badly for you guys, hearing stories like this. It's just not fair. :sad: :sad: We're so fortunate up here. You guys should come up and live with us. :yes:

dazzledbylight said:
while we're waiting on VP to fix pics.....

so there i was at Fall 2001 U2 show....it was the first one of the 3 [or 4] they played in NYC/MSG. I'd missed the tix sale or couldn't get one. BUT I HAD to go! I got a tix after 3 days of my first time ever trying to get a tix off the net from someone selling.....[not brkers] I got one 2 hours before the show..... I am about a third of the way past the tip of the heart, with rented binocs.

well I'm singing along w audienceto Elevation pumped into the area as we wait for them...they finally start to arrive on stage , and i BuRST OUT CRYING.
WHich I then actually preceeded to do through most of the show......well I sung and cried at the same time!

I haD not cried since I ran home after heading for MaNHATTAN, SEEING SOME HAPPY SUMMER CLOUD IN A DIAMOND CLEAR DAY, AND LISTENING TO MY WALKMAN sorry pinky slip.....
which I had neglected to turn on while i was running around the house getting ready to leave in the morning ...VERY RARE for me NOT to have the walkman on and earbuds in.....[almost NEVER TV- i don't see how ANYONE can get out of the house with TV on in the morning! :laugh:]

and so i hear these terrible descriptions while having NO IDEA just where/what they were specifically talking about] about some poor fireman covered in ashes, how something looks like a unbeleiveable SF movie, and some building cymbling......
and i thot "oh, dear....."

thern the 4 newspeople stopped dead in their tracks after half a min they say...."the Towers ARE GONE"

I stop dead in my tracks :huh: stare at the walkman as if it had turned into A MONSTER, lOOKED BACK AT THE sky and CLOUD and realized for the first time just WHAT I was seeing [ the destruction] and ran screaming home. lucily 2 blks]

I threw myself on my bed then cried hard for about 5 - 10 mins then stopped had to make phone calls.......

Then i was never able to cry again [which was nealry 2 months or so] till U2 hit the stage.......

it was VERY CATHRTIC a showand my usually lust was well not quite in the backseat of my mind but not the constant wash in the front seat of emotion for this show....

so there i am with binoc that help me see them all better [not close altho on the tip of the heart...it was pretty good- i could discern some faciall features/emtions]. "new York" comes on and it well we had been in he back of stage seats in JULY 2001 so we didn't really see the screehns....as most of you did that first leg.....any way the lights are strobing away when B's really lit up from below.....:ohmy: he was ....in full blossom, my gals...leftward and it was a full show......it was very fast with the strobes...but i know what i saw...:laugh: almost dropped the binocs ....:"whaaazzzthat??!!??!

Holy crap dazzy:sigh: that must have been terriable:sad: :sad:

What a horrible day that was...I remember getting ready for class..I was a senior in college...turned on the news in the morning like one minute before a plane hit the second tower...I was stunned...just stared at the TV like an idiot....it was like out of a movie just like you said...........what a freakin mess...so sad. We had a girl at our college who's Dad was on one of the flights and that night there was a candlelight vigial for him and others.......I just remember everything about that day:sad:

U2 fixes most things though...thank god for them:hug:

I am not a fan of Jack and Coke:yikes: sorry girls....had a bad experience with one once:barf: :barf: some guy put something in my drink at a party and well....not good......

I puked allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll night:madspit:

Oh Dazz, I just started crying while reading your post. For so many days after that, its all we talked about or saw on tv. Will never forget it, and now I'm just seeing it all over again in my head......

I was at work, setting up our Christmas Dept in the store. Our tree trimmers were late, as usual ( they are from Hungary and don't speak much English and always get lost at airports) So, I'm looking around and all my employees are gone, so I go to the break room and find them all at the tv set and I sit down next to one of them, watching to tv the whole time as the second plane hits the other tower.
Well, our mall was next to a court house and you should have seen the FBI and security and police and all these guards coming in making us leave the building "just in case" (we always got bomb threats anyway, so I wasn't scared but....)

anyway, what a point in my life.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom