PLEBA girls party-too hot to handle!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I did get one thing done today. i have a new motto. I'm going to make a poster, buttons, t-shirts ...

"I'm not napping, I'm brainstorming!" :D

I was complaining to my mom about not getting anything done. A little while later I was sitting on my bed, listening to a CD and staring at the blank page in my notebook... I leaned my head back to rest my eyes and daydream a little, get the inspiration warmed up... and of course, this is the moment she comes in to see how I'm coming along with my to do list. :lol: Ok, so maybe I had dozed off a little. :shifty: Still, I wasn't napping. I was brainstorming. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Everytime I listen to 'Boy' and 'War' it's like hearing them for the first time. I forget just how incredible they were. I mean I remember that I liked them, but I like them more every time, it seems.

daygloeyes2 said:
I mean, the weather is too hot to handle...:shifty:

It's so hot here, it makes Bono and the band seem even cooler.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -- Dumbledore, HP & the Half-Blood Prince

Hi, honeys, I'm home! :wave:

SG, I'm doing fine tonight.

Had a a good time/long talk with my stepmother earlier today.

Continuing last night's marriage discussion: She told me today she does not want to remarry. Ever.

Her reasons: She's now 70, any man her age would only have "five, maybe 10 good years" left before he'd get sick and she'd end up taking care of him. She knows she wouldn't inherit much money from a third husband (and she doesn't want or need to deal with that). And she doesn't want any more stepchildren. :ohmy: :lol:

Last edited:
jobob said:
SG, I'm doing fine tonight.

Had a a good time/long talk with my stepmother earlier today.

Continuing last night's marriage discussion: She told me today she does not want to remarry. Ever.

Her reasons: She's now 70, any man her age would only have "five, maybe 10 good years" before she feel she'd end up taking care of him. She knows she wouldn't inherit much money from a third husband (and she doesn't want or need to deal with that). And she doesn't want any more stepchildren. :ohmy: :lol:

:lol: Sounds like she's given it a lot of thought. Actually, that all makes sense. It's one thing to fall in love and want to spend your time together, but marriage is a whole different deal. At that age, it's better to have a small group of close friends and relatives and have your own space. I mean, I sure hope I'm not worrying about men/women issues when I'm 70. :huh:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: Sounds like she's given it a lot of thought. Actually, that all makes sense. It's one thing to fall in love and want to spend your time together, but marriage is a whole different deal. At that age, it's better to have a small group of close friends and relatives and have your own space. I mean, I sure hope I'm not worrying about men/women issues when I'm 70. :huh:

I think she may have thought about it while my father was dying. And she does have a lot of friends and acquaintances, some who are widowed or divorced, some who are married. She's going to support groups and seniors activities, and seeing a lot of her two sisters. I think she'll be okay.

However, I tried to tell her if she ever *did* want to remarry, I wouldn't ever stand in her way.

I'm off to bed now girlies.

I posted the first chapter of my fanfic tonight :hyper:

It's not that good but I thought Id give it a try.

I'll post the second one in the morning, if I have time.

Goodnight girls....sweet B dreams :wave: :hug:

I'm baaackkk! Again! :lol:

Joanne :hug: I think its really cool that you let her know that it wouldn't be a problem with you. I'm sure it made her feel good to know that you would be supportive.

Mr. Cats grandma has been married twice and both husbands have passed away. She is probably in her late 70's or early 80's I've never asked her. But she now has a boyfriend. I think its so nice that my husbands family has been supportive of her. I just want her to be happy.

My grandma has been married three times as well and two husbands have died. I asked her once what it is like to have been married to 3 different men and she said "I feel lucky to have found love three times in my life. Its a blessing. But finding the others doesn't make the hurt of loosing someone any less." She still cries when she talks about my grandpa and he's been dead for about 30 years.

bono_gal said:
I'm off to bed now girlies.

I posted the first chapter of my fanfic tonight :hyper:

It's not that good but I thought Id give it a try.

I'll post the second one in the morning, if I have time.

Goodnight girls....sweet B dreams :wave: :hug:

night, bonogal. I'll be sure to read your fanfic.
(all the cool PLEBAns are writing it)

:wink:

Russty Cat said:
I'm baaackkk! Again! :lol:

Joanne :hug: I think its really cool that you let her know that it wouldn't be a problem with you. I'm sure it made her feel good to know that you would be supportive.

Mr. Cats grandma has been married twice and both husbands have passed away. She is probably in her late 70's or early 80's I've never asked her. But she now has a boyfriend. I think its so nice that my husbands family has been supportive of her. I just want her to be happy.

My grandma has been married three times as well and two husbands have died. I asked her once what it is like to have been married to 3 different men and she said "I feel lucky to have found love three times in my life. Its a blessing. But finding the others doesn't make the hurt of loosing someone any less." She still cries when she talks about my grandpa and he's been dead for about 30 years.

Russty!

Wow, three loving marriages. Grandma Russty was lucky! :lol:

Y'know, I don't quite understand adults who freak out when their parents remarry. C'mon, they're adults, they don't want to be alone. Get over it.

hi russty :hug:, sg :hug:, weldy :hug: & jobob :hug: &nitey night bg :hug:

Ifinally saw today 4 the first time at my sis's today.....Bruce> U2's induction tothe R&RHO Fame !!! all their speeches performances and Bono & Champaign bottle "pop"!
:hyper: :hyper: :drool: :drool: omfg!!! that was soooo glorious!

only here for about 10 mins [shortsession & spent time catching up}

Last edited:
Good night BG :hug:

It is good that she has your understanding, Jo :hug: It's hard sometimes, when two people lose someone they both love, they end up letting their grief ruin any relationship between them as well.

Russty - My Grandma on my Fathers side lost her husband in 1987 and never remarried. there was a man, from what I understand, who used to visit her quite a bit and they would spend time together outside of the house, but nothing ever came of it and it didn't last too long. I've often thought of her, wondered about her happiness. She's a very private person, so it's not something we would really discuss. She did have her son living with her until about five years ago, when he finally got married and moved out. So, even more, since then, I've thought of her being alone and wondered how she felt about it.

My other grandmother, on my moms side, her husband died in a firefighting accident in 1962, leaving her with five small children. She remarried a man with three kids of his own, eventually, and that is the man I've known as my grandpa since my Mom was all of 13 at the time her dad died. They had a rocky relationship, and often reminded me of the grandparents on the tv show 'The Waltons'. They argued and bickered but they were always together. When she died this past spring, my sister saw him kissing Grandma gently after they told her she was gone. It was such a tender moment, and suddenly, all the years of what seemed like a rather turbulent relationship melted away to reveal a man who loved her very much. (I can't believe I'm sitting here crying again just at the thought) and she loved him the same way, I know. But she still loved Grandpa Ed, too. All these years later, she still talked about him and it was clear she loved him. She even mentioned him in the weeks before she passed away, thinking of seeing him again. Hoping she would be young and pretty for him again, and not look so old and tired to him; since he was a young man when he died.

My mother was widowed young, as well, and she also says she was blessed beyond belief to have known love twice. She keeps her first husbands memory close in her heart all the time, and it's clear how much she loves my dad, they are wonderful together. But she says she wouldn't go through any of it again, if something were to happen. She'd want to be independant and stay out of a marriage type relationship. It's not easy.

jobob said:

Russty!

Wow, three loving marriages. Grandma Russty was lucky! :lol:

Y'know, I don't quite understand adults who freak out when their parents remarry. C'mon, they're adults, they don't want to be alone. Get over it.

She was really lucky! And I totally agree with you that people need to get over themselves and let their parents do what will make them happy.

I don't know if I would ever get remarried if something happpened to Mr. Cat. There are two other men who have been really important in my life that I would consider marrying. Sadly one is already married and the other is engaged. But who knows if he will ever get around to marrying her. Last time I saw him he told me that he still missed me alot and was really jealous of Mr. Cat. Of course back when I was ready to be with him, he wasn't ready to be with me. His timing sucks. :laugh: But he still bought me jewelry and gifts all the time. It was a good situation. :giggle: He is my parents best friends son, so I'll never be rid of him.

dazzledbylight said:
hi russty :hug:, sg :hug:, weldy :hug: & jobob :hug: &nitey night bg :hug:

Ifinally saw today 4 the first time at my sis's today.....Bruce> U2's induction tothe R&RHO Fame !!! all their speeches performances and Bono & Champaign bottle "pop"!
:hyper: :hyper: :drool: :drool: omfg!!! that was soooo glorious!

only here for about 10 mins [shortsession & spent time catching up}

Stupid Interference ate my first reply ...

OMG! Cableless Bruce/U2 loving me would love to see that tape!

But thanks to one of the local classic rock stations, I have heard the Bono/Bruce ISHFWILF duet ('scuse me, Bono, but in *your* induction speech for Bruce, you said not to call him The Boss ...)

and I've read and enjoyed Bruce's U2 speech.

Dazzled: Run and buy the August Esquire. Bruce is its cover boy
:drool: and there's a very good piece inside describing one of the Jersey D&D shows ...

Back
Top Bottom