PLEBA girls party-too hot to handle!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jobob said:

If he said that to you the last time you met, Ruff, he'd remember you if he saw you in Philly.

Didn't you say elsewhere on PLEBA he thought your anthropologists sign was one of the best he'd ever seen?

he did, and I thought "i knew this anthropology crap would pay off!" :laugh:

then i invited him to share my tent in zambia :reject: good thing he didn't take me up on it, since i didn't make that trip this year.

Bri! :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:
I'd pay to have B read the phonebook to me. :wink:
I would love to see him lecture on Africa. *sigh*

Bri, I've said I'd pay to see Springsteen set the phone book to music. And I believe he could do it, too (hears it in her head: "Aaron drove a tow truck for AAA ...")

And I'd love to hear Bono lecture about Africa. Longest I've ever heard him speak was his apperance this summer on Meet the Press.

CeeCee said:

Where do you teach at and what department are you in?

a university in kentucky (my students have found me hear before...eeks) and i'm in anthropology...i can PM you the particulars :wink: small liberal arts school and I love it!

VP - Did you read what Ruff said about me trying to get on stage? :giggle: Are you going to warn her about me? :lol:

lap.jpg

ruffian said:

oh, Russty, that sounds sooooo fabulous!!!! I'm sad you aren't coming to Toronto but you are going to have an amazing time. The second show in Seattle Eddie Veder came out and played tamourine w/ Kings of Leon and he ROCKED. Smashed through about 5 tambourines and Dallas just kept tossing him new ones. That afternoon John Sampson was saying that Bono had lunch with Eddie that day and was consequently in a great mood. I love PJ :heart:

I was so jazzed when I heard he came out and played! I know he has major love for KOL and for U2. :heart: I'd give anything for a smashed tamborine or one of Mike McCreadys picks. *girly sigh* My friend sent me a really great picture that she cut out of the local Seattle paper of Bono and Eddie with Eddies little girl, Olivia. It is the cutest thing in the world. :heart:

ruffian said:

a university in kentucky (my students have found me hear before...eeks) and i'm in anthropology...i can PM you the particulars :wink: small liberal arts school and I love it!

Really? Is the department good? I don't think I can get PMs. I fnsihed 2 years of a classical archaeology degree before getting kicked out and I want back in school, dang them all! *wails* Injustice of it all! I'm hoping to go on and get a Masters with either a double major of Egyptology and Physical/Forensic Anthropology, or a major in Egyptology with a minor/concentration.

Fly!! :hug:

SG, warn her about you? Does that sound like something I'd do?? :shifty:

:wink:

*whispers to Ruff* She's talked of bringing ice cubes to the show. To...uhhhhh...enhance herself, ifyaknowwhatimean. :wink:

Diane, i had no idea you went to the Brooklyn Bridge gig....OMG! I want all the details sometime, please! And i had no idea about the age rule. that is absolutely ridiculous and reminds me of the Boston DVD filming debacle, when they asked all the "attractive people" to move up front. :tsk:

SG, :lmao: Now, is Bono gonna ask you to dance when Larry's clearly your fave??? :shame: You need a reversible sign so you can only show the Larry side when Bono's not looking :wink:

VintagePunk said:

All the hard work, all the years of sweat and toil, and that turns out to be the defining moment of your career. :lol:

Hey, not a bad defining moment. :wink:

:hmm:
Maybe I should change my educational path.....

Fly :hug: Missed you too. How goes the Buffyfest?

Sg :hug: Distrations :drool:
And I love your sign :lol:

Russty :hug:

I have this strange suspician, I'm going to be here a lil longer than I planned.

:heart:

CeeCee said:

Really? Is the department good? I don't think I can get PMs. I fnsihed 2 years of a classical archaeology degree before getting kicked out and I want back in school, dang them all! *wails* Injustice of it all! I'm hoping to go on and get a Masters with either a double major of Egyptology and Physical/Forensic Anthropology, or a major in Egyptology with a minor/concentration.

hey, remember what we were talking about last night? Adam got kicked out of high school and Bono out of University (because he had failed Irish)

70ab20a1.jpg

8dda44a3.jpg

~BrightestStar~ said:

Fly :hug: Missed you too. How goes the Buffyfest?

Oh it goes thanks for asking. :D We've just finished Season 1 tonight...onto 2 tomorrow if we get a chance to hang out. :lol: I'm not sure what she thinks of them still....she seems a little skeptical. I on the other hand, am loving every second of it. :wink:

Bri, if you could stay, then the night would give you up. And you'd laugh your butt off and forget about your so-called friend. :lol:

Hey, Fly!

CeeCee said:

awesome! i worked on an Etruscan site outside of Florence, Italy for a summer several years back, but I'm a cultural anthropologist. I don't like the crouching and dirty fingernails that come with archaeology. Keep me posted on your school plans :)
oh, and i flunked out my first semester of college, so don't worry about gettin' kicked out. that's nothing!
Hi Fly! :wave:

Bri, honey, if I get a tea invitation you just go in my place...wear a dark wig, get spray on olive looking tan, and gain some weight :wink: oh, and age 20+ years. :laugh: damn, i'm starting to get depressed! :slant:

VintagePunk said:
Fly!! :hug:

SG, warn her about you? Does that sound like something I'd do?? :shifty:

*whispers to Ruff* She's talked of bringing ice cubes to the show. To...uhhhhh...enhance herself, ifyaknowwhatimean. :wink:

:lmao: I actually meant about the little scene we envisioned of B pulling me up on stage and me running for Larry... Larry realizing I was going to molest him and dropping his drumsticks and running away.... B being all WTF? She's running AWAY from ME? and chasing after us... cue the Benny Hill music...

But yeah, I guess I have actually had a few plans worth warning people about :shifty:

Sad_Girl said:

:lmao: I actually meant about the little scene we envisioned of B pulling me up on stage and me running for Larry... Larry realizing I was going to molest him and dropping his drumsticks and running away.... B being all WTF? She's running AWAY from ME? and chasing after us... cue the Benny Hill music...

But yeah, I guess I have actually had a few plans worth warning people about :shifty:

:lmao: Are you gonna bring that sign SG? What else do you have up your little sleeve? :lol:

Diane L said:
Russty, those Pearl Jam shows sound amazing! I hope you have a wonderful time!

It's amazing how the best things can happen when you sort of throw caution to the wind. I wasn't sure I was going to get into the Brooklyn U2 show last year, because there was a lot of talk that audience members were going to be screened and carded and anyone over 30 wasn't going to be allowed in! And I believed this nonsense! But I decided that if I wasn't allowed in, so be it, but I was going down there anyway...everyone was allowed in until the park could hold no more people, it was my GA experience and seeing & hearing them play "City of Blinding Lights" with the lit-up buildings of lower Manhattan and two bridges bordering the park is one of THE great moments of my life!

Sometimes, you just HAVE to go for it!

Diane I'm so glad you went!!! Its moments like that, that you will never forget!!! man I can't even begin to imagine what that felt like in my mind! When I saw the dvd of that I about cried!

When I was at the PJ show Ed started talking about how they had just recorded a song the day before for this guy Tim Burton for one of his films! I was like Oh fuck me! They are so not gonna play a song from Big Fish! I am the hugest Ewan McGregor fan and I'd been reading tons of stuff about the making of the movie. So then Ed says its called Big Fish! I literally started flipping out! It hadn't been played for anyone yet! They played it and I started crying. It was called "Man of The Hour". Totally appropriate song, since the reason I had finally come full circle in my life was Mr. Cat and the song totally reminds me of him. Best part though was when I looked over and this huge samoine guy next to me is bawling like a baby. I mean like sobbing like there is no tomorrow. After the song was over we looked at each other and started laughing. :giggle:

Sad_Girl said:

Oh, THAT one...you'll forgive me for the ice cubes being the first I thought of, I'm sure. :wink: :lmao:

Ruff, it was a great time. What happened as far as the age thing, was that iota (? spelling), this company that distributes tickets for shows like Jimmy Kimmel & Carson Daly, was handling ticket requests. And from this, somehow, the word spread that MTV wanted an audience that represented their target demographic, with no over-30s allowed! One guy on Interference was especially insistent that over-30s wouldn't make it in, and I was pretty upset and venting in a forum about it!!! Other Interlanders were telling me to show up anyway, and I decided to try and got in. Why I believed this particular guy, I have no clue now...he sounded legit, and maybe that's the way iota (?spelling) operated in the past. I can't see Principle Mgmt. allowing that kind of publicity, with the negative publicity that would follow.

SG, after I read the description of Bono's very short college career in Bono In Conversation, here's what I thought:

1. I'm kind of glad he got expelled. If he *had* finished college, there may not have been a U2.

2. "Cool! Bono was an English major! Just like me!" coughYes I am a geekcough

FlyYourKite said:

Oh it goes thanks for asking. :D We've just finished Season 1 tonight...onto 2 tomorrow if we get a chance to hang out. :lol: I'm not sure what she thinks of them still....she seems a little skeptical. I on the other hand, am loving every second of it. :wink:

:laugh: :hug:
Glad you're having a good time!
I've been throughly enjoying my best of DVD.........nothing like watching EBTTRT, Fly, Stay, etc to get you to sleep with some *very* nice dreams :drool:

jobob said:
Bri, if you could stay, then the night would give you up. And you'd laugh your butt off and forget about your so-called friend. :lol:

:laugh:
It's funny cause it's true.
It's like in my big fat greek wedding (I have a friend who was in that movie....) Except replace windex with Blue crack.

Back
Top Bottom