PLEBA girls party-too hot to handle!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:
Hi Cindy and Ruff :hug:

Sad, Isn't it, but that was one of my first thoughts about that girl too. I was like woo-hoo! A real woman! :giggle:

And Jo I was a Bono girl long before I knew much of anything about U2 :heart:

All those Larry pictures had me fooled.
Those last ones of him with the flattop and shades just had me.
:wink:

Yes, it's about time Bono danced with a woman who wasn't petite and thin. Gives me hope for the future. :wink:

ruffian said:

my friend Alli has been onstage twice--once during Elevation and in San Jose this tour. She was great, not even nervous--and the funny thing is that she thinks she's shy. I'm a total extrovert, but really don't think I could get on stage :no: and seeing how girls get hoisted up there--man! the girl in Glasgow (i think it was glasgow) got hefted up like a sack of potatoes! :yikes:

I love being on stage (obviously never anywhere near their level! ) it would be a dream come true; not just because I would be close to B, but in general to be on stage with them. I so wish I could make it happen :sigh:

Hi ruff :hug:

that girl still needs a bit more meat on her. :giggle:

:laugh: He does look a bit like a young Elvis in the pics. Elvis from the movie Kissin Cousins :drool: :combust: Elvis was so hot when he was young. :lol: Blue Hawaii :sexywink: *sigh* Elvis movies :drool:

Hey Wild :wave: SG, if I'm standing near you I'll point at you and then gesture crazily in your direction :hug:

I have to go to bed soon. :( I'm trying for tickets to Bono's lecture in Philadelphia--they go on sale tomorrow morning and I'm soooooo hoping I can get one (and I'm hoping my dang university is going to pay! :hyper: )

ruffian said:

my friend Alli has been onstage twice--once during Elevation and in San Jose this tour. She was great, not even nervous--and the funny thing is that she thinks she's shy. I'm a total extrovert, but really don't think I could get on stage :no: and seeing how girls get hoisted up there--man! the girl in Glasgow (i think it was glasgow) got hefted up like a sack of potatoes! :yikes:

:eek: That would be my main concern. I don't want to be man handled by security. And sadly I don't think Bono would pull me up, beings that I'm probably a little bit taller then him and that I'm generally not the type of girl that he chooses. I'm to "different". :giggle: Not girly and typically "pretty" enough for him.

I would love to be close during a show sometime, just to have that whole experience. But I would love it if they pulled someone up during the show in November, just to see some girl have that moment live would be fun.

If by some chance I got on stage, I'd probably end up getting distracted by Adam and Edge. He'd take my hand and the moment I heard Edge my head would whip around and I'd be meandering towards him, trying to molest Adam in the middle of the song.. :tsk: on me.

CeeCee said:
What lecture in Philly? When? On what? How does a girl get a ticket?

:drool:

Bono's lecturing on Penn's campus (Irvine Auditorium) on October 21!!!!!!!!! The link w/ info is on U2 News on this site. Tickets went on sale to members of the World Affairs Council in advance, and on sale to the general public tomorrow at 10:00. $75 for a ticket, $150 for cocktail reception with Bono and orchestra seating, and $495 for dinner and drinks w/ bono and VIP seating.

I'm going for the dinner :reject: My students have been active w/ DATA org for years and I supervised all their canvassing activities until DATA merged with ONE. So I'm hoping my university is going to spring for it, or at least half. I meet with the Dean tomorrow afternoon (after tickets are already on sale, i might add).

ruffian said:
Hey Wild :wave: SG, if I'm standing near you I'll point at you and then gesture crazily in your direction :hug:

I have to go to bed soon. I'm trying for tickets to Bono's lecture in Philadelphia--they go on sale tomorrow morning and I'm soooooo hoping I can get one (and I'm hoping my dang university is going to pay! :hyper: )

Is that that special world issues conference lecture? It would be so cool to be able to hear Bono give a speech on a serious issue.

I have this crazy hope that the Detroit Economic Club will put B on its speaking schedule while he's in town for third leg.

ruffian said:

I have to go to bed soon. :( I'm trying for tickets to Bono's lecture in Philadelphia--they go on sale tomorrow morning and I'm soooooo hoping I can get one (and I'm hoping my dang university is going to pay! :hyper: )

I hope you get tickets! :hyper: Are they expensive?

jobob said:

Is that that special world issues conference lecture? It would be so cool to be able to hear Bono give a speech on a serious issue.

I have this crazy hope that the Detroit Economic Club will put B on its speaking schedule while he's in town for third leg.

yes, a series of speakers they have on world issues, and Bono's talking about Africa! :hyper:

I so want him to give our commencement address :drool:

ruffian said:

:drool:

Bono's lecturing on Penn's campus (Irvine Auditorium) on October 21!!!!!!!!! The link w/ info is on U2 News on this site. Tickets went on sale to members of the World Affairs Council in advance, and on sale to the general public tomorrow at 10:00. $75 for a ticket, $150 for cocktail reception with Bono and orchestra seating, and $495 for dinner and drinks w/ bono and VIP seating.

I'm going for the dinner :reject: My students have been active w/ DATA org for years and I supervised all their canvassing activities until DATA merged with ONE. So I'm hoping my university is going to spring for it, or at least half. I meet with the Dean tomorrow afternoon (after tickets are already on sale, i might add).

Ooohh! *dies* Ya know, I got invited to a dinner party and speech at a nearby campus delievered by John Camp, a classical archaeologist (I took my textbook and had him sign it :lol:) and all the other girls wore skirts and nice tops and nice shoes. And I didn't know it was like, a formal thing cause I've never been to one, and ended up going in jeans, a t-shirt, and runners. *facepalm*

Russty Cat said:

I hope you get tickets! :hyper: Are they expensive?

yes--that post is on the previous page. i'm springing for the ticket in the morning and if the school won't pay for any of it...well, i'll have to get creative with my finances...meaning, go live in a box for 5 years.

See ya later Wild :hug:

Damn Ruff that is pricey, but if I had the money or someone else to pay for it I'd go in a heartbeat. :drool:

CeeCee said:

Ooohh! *dies* Ya know, I got invited to a dinner party and speech at a nearby campus delievered by John Camp, a classical archaeologist (I took my textbook and had him sign it :lol:) and all the other girls wore skirts and nice tops and nice shoes. And I didn't know it was like, a formal thing cause I've never been to one, and ended up going in jeans, a t-shirt, and runners. *facepalm*

isn't Camp at Randolph-Macon? Cool, and hey, archaeologists live in jeans and t-shirts. He was probably diggin' it (no pun intended) :wink:

I'm dying to know how many people are allowed at the dinner. 2000? 5000? the lecture hall only holds 1250 people, and the dinner/cocktail reception is held in the museum which should be very cool.

Night Wild, sweet dreams :hug:

ruffian said:

yes, a series of speakers they have on world issues, and Bono's talking about Africa! :hyper:

I so want him to give our commencement address :drool:

I so wish he'd give my commencement speech in December!
:lol:

<pictures the Penn pics of Bono-in-cap-and-gown in her head ... imagines Bono saying something inspiring to the crowd about jobob's accomplishments in graduate school ...>

But I'm not even sure my university has real commencement speakers, to tell you the truth. I think I'm mostly gonna go because my stepmother and Aunt Barb want to see it.

VintagePunk said:
Hi everyone :hug:

Ruff, good luck with the ticket in the morning, and let me know how it goes. I'm still living vicariously through you, you know. :wink:

VP :hug: hope you've had a good weekend (and everyone else). i'm blathering on about the lecture. i'm not gonna sleep tonight wondering if i'll get a ticket...and really, if it's 1000 people at the dinner i'm not sure i'll do it. I want a handshake/hug! The money better go to DATA/ONE campaign, too...

ruffian said:

yes--that post is on the previous page. i'm springing for the ticket in the morning and if the school won't pay for any of it...well, i'll have to get creative with my finances...meaning, go live in a box for 5 years.

Screw it I would go for it!!! I can't afford the stuff I do, but I've never regretted one show or one trip yet! I still can't believe I'm going to Canada, haven't a clue how we are paying for it yet. But its soooo gonna be worth it.

There's always macaroni & cheese and tuna fish for the next few years. ;)

Jo - to be fair I knew what you meant about being a Bono girl - it really was him who drew me in and of course he holds a special place in my heart... but as far as :drool: :combust: the one I tend to lust after most, that is indeed Larry :D It was Adam for a long time, before that. I still go back and forth :shrug:

Like tonight - I thought I was firmly grounded in my status as a Mullen Lover - then U2 granny goes and posts these:

e3404d24.jpg

7b2dfdda.jpg

edb1d0a1.jpg

I mean, hello! :combust: :combust: :combust:

jobob said:

I so wish he'd give my commencement speech in December!
:lol:

<pictures the Penn pics of Bono-in-cap-and-gown in her head ... imagines Bono saying something inspiring to the crowd about jobob's accomplishments in graduate school ...>

But I'm not even sure my university has real commencement speakers, to tell you the truth. I think I'm mostly gonna go because my stepmother and Aunt Barb want to see it.

Bono in cap and gown... :drool:

Hey, congrats on your upcoming graduation! almost there--woohoo!!!!!!!!

I swam so much today, i'm wiped out!

Back
Top Bottom