PLEBA girls party-too hot to handle!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:
Good night BG :hug:

It is good that she has your understanding, Jo :hug: It's hard sometimes, when two people lose someone they both love, they end up letting their grief ruin any relationship between them as well.

Russty - My Grandma on my Fathers side lost her husband in 1987 and never remarried. there was a man, from what I understand, who used to visit her quite a bit and they would spend time together outside of the house, but nothing ever came of it and it didn't last too long. I've often thought of her, wondered about her happiness. She's a very private person, so it's not something we would really discuss. She did have her son living with her until about five years ago, when he finally got married and moved out. So, even more, since then, I've thought of her being alone and wondered how she felt about it.

My other grandmother, on my moms side, her husband died in a firefighting accident in 1962, leaving her with five small children. She remarried a man with three kids of his own, eventually, and that is the man I've known as my grandpa since my Mom was all of 13 at the time her dad died. They had a rocky relationship, and often reminded me of the grandparents on the tv show 'The Waltons'. They argued and bickered but they were always together. When she died this past spring, my sister saw him kissing Grandma gently after they told her she was gone. It was such a tender moment, and suddenly, all the years of what seemed like a rather turbulent relationship melted away to reveal a man who loved her very much. (I can't believe I'm sitting here crying again just at the thought) and she loved him the same way, I know. But she still loved Grandpa Ed, too. All these years later, she still talked about him and it was clear she loved him. She even mentioned him in the weeks before she passed away, thinking of seeing him again. Hoping she would be young and pretty for him again, and not look so old and tired to him; since he was a young man when he died.

My mother was widowed young, as well, and she also says she was blessed beyond belief to have known love twice. She keeps her first husbands memory close in her heart all the time, and it's clear how much she loves my dad, they are wonderful together. But she says she wouldn't go through any of it again, if something were to happen. She'd want to be independant and stay out of a marriage type relationship. It's not easy.

:hug: That is such a sweet story! Its incredible sometimes how we don't always see things as other people do. Obviously they must have loved each other very much.

A few months back when my nanny was visiting me, she talked openly for one of the first times about poppy, my grandfather who was my dads dad. He died when I was around 11 or 12. I never really knew him. But when I was older I found out that he was a real rough man who wasn't the greatest husband and father when my dad was growing up. But nanny told me to not feel sorry for her, that she had had love in her life. That my grandfather was a very charming bastard, often more of a bastard, but quite the charmer. She brought me things that he had bought her when they were young. In their own way they loved each other very much. I think my grandfather was just the type of person who had the capacity to love alot of people. Oddly enough he reminds me of Bono in alot of ways. He was a really handsome guy when he was young. Quite the ladies man and my aunt said he was very sweet to my grandma, but also to his girlfriends as well. I don't think it was right that he was messing around, but I'm glad to know that my grandmother at least felt loved and appreciated. She told me she could never remarry, cuz no one could replace poppy in her heart.

I'm glad your mom found your dad! :heart: But it is bitter sweet that she had to loose a love so young. My first boyfriends mother had lost a husband really young in the Vietnam war and they still keep a photo of him on their mantel. Her second husband totally respects the fact that he was an important part of her life.

Hi Dazz! :hug:

Diane L said:
Hi everyone! :wave:

Where did the day go? All I did was sleep, shop and eat out at a Chinese buffet!!! I had sooo many plans for the weekend...cleaning, putting stuff on eBay...and it's gone, all gone!!! :sad:

awww, Diane ... there, there ... :hug: Sleeping, shopping and eating at a Chinese buffet are not bad things.

You could have been me, nearly running out of gas on I-75 without any cash or money, and finally convincing a gas station manager to take my check. :crazy:

Before that, I was trying to figure out how to clear the cache in my stepmother's old AOL Internet browser so -- even though she really doesn't know much about the Internet -- she wouldn't click on something and find out her stepdaughter was perving after rock stars and typing the f-word in the middle of the night. :yikes:
Why the bleep won't AOL just let you clear a browser cache as easily as Microsoft does?

jobob said:

You could have been me, nearly running out of gas on I-75 without any cash or money, and finally convincing a gas station manager to take my check. :crazy:

:yikes: That sounds like an adventure! :hug: I'm glad it worked out!

I cannot think of many places along I-75 I'd like to be stranded :yikes:

Last edited:
Hi Diane! :hug:

I didn't get as much done as i'd hoped as well. But oh well.

:lol: Joanne I always have issues trying to clear my parents computer cache. Its a pain in the bum.

Oh, jobob, I'm glad the gas station manager let you write the check! I carry my ATM/debit card with me, but I often forget you can use that at a gas station.

Once I was getting gas, and I realized I didn't have enough cash to cover it. The attendant asked me if I had a credit card on me. Duh...I did! :reject:

Sad_Girl said:

:yikes: That sounds like an adventure! :hug: I'm glad it worked out!

Thank you, so am I. I deposited a check into my checking account yesterday, but of course the bank hadn't cleared it yet. So ATMs were refusing to give me my own money. :scream:

Plus I'm pretty sure my AAA membership has expired because I've been putting off paying the renewal fee. (I'm broke, okay?) So calling them wasn't quite an option.

I'm hoping my finances change for the better by mid-September so I can afford to meet you all in Chicago ...

I'm glad too! That would have been really bad if you had run out!

SG I think she was on here yesterday for a bit. But my brain is a bit fuzzy so I could be wrong.

Larry is so incredibly cute when he is talking about Elvis and Graceland on R&H. :drool:

jobob said:

Thank you, so am I. I deposited a check into my checking account yesterday, but of course the bank hadn't cleared it yet. So ATMs were refusing to give me my own money. :scream:

Plus I'm pretty sure my AAA membership has expired because I've been putting off paying the renewal fee. (I'm broke, okay?) So calling them wasn't quite an option.

I'm hoping my finances change for the better by mid-September so I can afford to meet you all in Chicago ...

I know what you mean. I'm flat broke and scrambling to find the money. But I think it'll be do-able. :)

jobob said:

I totally feel ya! We were squabbling over money this morning. I had to have Mr. Cat go pay our power bill or they would shut it off tomorrow. :( We paid them $250! And we still owe like $400 more. This sucks. Not to mention the water bill and the trash we are behind on.

We don't make enough to pay the bills every month, so I rob peter to pay paul type of thing. Just keep juggling things the best I can. Eventually one of the balls fall and we get screwed and I have to start all over again. I have to have money to go to Canada, but we aren't sure where its coming from at this point. :lol: Mr. Cat is looking into getting a personal loan for around $5,000 so he can buy some used cars to fix up and resale to make some money and to send me on my trip. I have never figured out how we've been able to make the extras, but somehow it always seems to come together.

Oh and the fun of tomorrow is trying to feed a family of 4 on $50. :laugh: We haven't bought food for two weeks and we are literally down to pretty much nothing. We ate the last of the pancake mix for breakfast and we had pasta and chicken for dinner.

rome4.jpg

rome5.jpg

rome7.jpg

rome8.jpg

rome9.jpg

Loved the last thread title of Rich Men Wanted, btw. Could you send one of those Rich Men my way?

... especially if they have a fortune the size of the one B must have? ;)

<jobob starts hearing Gwen Stefani sing "Rich Girl" in her head ...>

Oh those dancing girl pictures ... that last one of Bono kissing the woman's hand ... :love:

Sad_Girl said:

:lmao: I think maybe it was more like 'you're not a Pleba girl, are you?' :wink:

Jobob on stage in October in Detroit. "... why, no, Bono. No, I'm not a Pleba girl. I'm just an innocent mild-mannered librarian." :angel: "Dammit, Steve, why did I take you with me to this show? Shut up, shut up NOW."

Sad_Girl said:
Oh man ... to have this happen to you in person... in really real life..... :faint:

rome2.jpg

I don't know if I could ever really handle that. I'm not good in front of large crowds.

Large crowds + Bono= :faint: <dies>

hi everyone! SG, thanks for posting some Rome pics...i'm so happy to see that it's a girl with a healthy-sized booty :wink: maybe it's an omen that i'll make it on stage someday (though I'd throw up all over him, that's for sure!) :laugh:

CeeCee said:
Hullo Ladies. :hug: SG, :hug: DG, *lick* Russty, :hug: JB.

How is everyone tonight?

After seeing SG's latest batch of pics, I'm good.

Russty, if it happened to me, I think I would be more nervous about being in front of :bono: than in front of 20,000 other screaming people.

Hey, it COULD happen. I have GA for one of my shows.

*purr* Cindy! :hug:

I'm doing good. just tired. :lol:

I can't even imagine what it must be like to get up on stage with him. I seriously would probably have problems breathing or having any type of actually reasonable thought. :lol:

Hi Cindy and Ruff :hug:

Sad, Isn't it, but that was one of my first thoughts about that girl too. I was like woo-hoo! A real woman! :giggle:

And Jo I was a Bono girl long before I knew much of anything about U2 :heart:

Russty Cat said:
*purr* Cindy! :hug:

I'm doing good. just tired. :lol:

I can't even imagine what it must be like to get up on stage with him. I seriously would probably have problems breathing or having any type of actually reasonable thought. :lol:

my friend Alli has been onstage twice--once during Elevation and in San Jose this tour. She was great, not even nervous--and the funny thing is that she thinks she's shy. I'm a total extrovert, but really don't think I could get on stage :no: and seeing how girls get hoisted up there--man! the girl in Glasgow (i think it was glasgow) got hefted up like a sack of potatoes! :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom