PLEBA girls party thread-let's go all night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I just got up at 11:30 fly; don't feel too bad!

OMG that reminds me I had a dream about baby Adam & the blonde 'fro! (It was just a cameo appearance, but still... :lmao: )

daygloeyes2 said:
I just did 50 vocab words in a half hour :rockon:

I mentioned earlier I might be doing my college essay on the 1st time I really heard U2. :reject: I have to turn part of it in to my guidance counselor tomorrow. Anyone want me to post what I have?

Hey Russty and Fly! :hug: :hug:

I'd love to see it DG! Share your hard work with us :hug:

Bye GG, have a good day! :wave:

I'm creating a quick list of people to send my censored/extra scenes to automatically so they don't have to request them...
anybody here want to be on it?

Last edited:
OK here it is. If I use it, I know I'm going to have to tweak with the grammar, sentences, etc. I'm not even sure I'm going to use this for my final college essay though.

The intro to the song being played on the radio took my attention away from the task I had been doing. I tried to go back to it, but the hauntingly beautiful guitar chords had me mesmerized. Then I heard a voice sing "One man come in the name of love, one man come and go..." For nearly four minutes, I listened to a beautiful song about men who had died in the belief that love could overcome anything. I was blown away.

This was not the first time I had heard U2. Being arguably the most famous band in the world, I knew who they were and had heard their songs many times. However, this was the first time I had actually listened to one of their songs. The lyrics stirred a part of me that had been asleep for so long and awakened it.

Bye GG have a good time at work. :hug: :wave:

DG definetly post it! :D

The thought of sitting behind Larrys drum kit. Oh....:drool: :drool: :drool:

I have a friend who is an amazing musician. Plays everything from different wind instruments to drums, guitar, & piano. We were practising some music at church one day and he got on the drums and started just goofing around. He was slamming on the things and I was standing right in front of him singing and he about blew me away. I totally know what Bono means about getting a major kick off Larrys drums when he plays.

VintagePunk said:
DG, that's excellent!! :)

How long does it have to be?

I only need that much to show to my guidance counselor. But the actual essay will have to be 500 words I think? Not that writing 500 words on U2 will be tough. :wink:

DG I think its great. I'm sure they will approve it. :D

I was lucky and never had to bother with doing all that stuff for college. I went to a junior college for a bit to humor my parents. But school was definetly not for me. I'm more a student of life. ;)

I hope so. :)

Russty-if it were up to me, I wouldn't go to college. But I need to if I ever have any hope of being a publicist or a sports writer.

Russty, I know what you mean about the drums, too:
I was in a band back when I was in high school; and the drummer was absolutely the most talented musician in the bunch (and not to sound conceited, but we were all considered pretty good) but it always blew me away when he would play, because he didn't need any one or anything else to make incredible music. I had never expected that from the drums, which I thought of solely as a support instrument

Of course, he broke into a drum solo at the end of our set and his showing off cost us the 1st place position in the talent show, but still, I'll always respect the drums in a song much more for having performed with him.

Here we are (don't laugh, I said we were in high school, I never said we were cool! :wink: )

SADDtalentshow.jpg

DG I hope you really enjoy college. I do think its great that people go and get to do what they love with a degree. I do appreciate the things I learned while I was there. And I met some amazing people. Make the most of it while you can. Remember to have fun with it and not always stress yourself out. I wish I would have done that more.

SG- I love that pic! Your band reminds me alot of my friends in high school. Except we were all artists and drama geeks. hehe Definetly good times! Do you still do any type of playing or singing?

yeah, I was trying out the brunette look at that time, a first for me in high school! And I basically wasn't doing anything else at all with it, just letting it grow and straight brushing it out.

The guy touching my arm is Jason T, our Bassist, the pianist, Eric is the blondie to his right and Jared is the drummer to Jason's left. Jason K is in the back he and I shared vocals (he has the best voice I've ever heard in a non-pro! He amazes me)

And DG that was a good start to your essay/paper. I think you'll do just fine with school, and believe it or not if you're looking to get into journalism it probably won't take as long as some other things you could choose to study (like VP and her thesis :D or like me who can't seem to settle down on one thing for any length of time!)

Last edited:
I've wanted to go into some form of communications since 7th grade, so I don't think I'll change my mind on that part. Just deciding on what to major in is what I change my mind on.

Later Fly! :hug:

Russty we were all artists musicians and drama geeks too! they called us Band-o's :shrug: we put on two different musicals and two regular plays over the course of my time there and I have a couple of friends who went on to art school and at least two who still play in bands on a regular bassist.
I mostly just sing in church now, occasionally I'll do a solo there, but I would really like to put something together again. My nephew is fourteen and taking guitar lessons, I keep teasing him that I'm going to get him and his four-year old brother (the one who does air guitar edge impersonations) together and make us into a family group :giggle:

I'm sorry, but damn I'm like this...:sad: I'm listening to a San Jose boot and Bono is talking about Human rights. The right to live for everyone. I get so angry sometimes I just want to cry! People don't even begin to sometimes that there are people all over the world everyday dying from poverty. :( Sorry it just hits home for me so much.

LOL SG we have alot of people at our church who sing as a family. Its very cute. We were all lumped into being called Band Aids when I was in school. Most of the drama kids where also the kids who played in our school band. We were so uncool to the other kids.

Bye Fly, have a nice lunch. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom