Pleba Girls Party - the boys in their bathrobes making us wet.....from drool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CeeCee said:
Something that comes to midn with Ireland:

They say Mother Earth is breathing
With each wave that finds the shore
Her soul rises in the evening
For to open twilights door.
Her eyes are the stars in heaven
Watching o'er us all the while.
And her heart it is in Ireland
Deep within the Emerald Isle.

Ah! there we are. Heaven.

Cindy do you know who wrote this?!!! Its perfect!! I'd love to use it, but I have to becareful and give author credit if I do.

Russty Cat said:

Cindy do you know who wrote this?!!! Its perfect!! I'd love to use it, but I have to becareful and give author credit if I do.

thats from a Garth Brooks song called Ireland, based on a poem about a troupe of Irish Soldiers in the American Civil War who make a suicide attack. Let me see if I can find the author for you

I'll send you a copy of it. it's a fabulous song, makes me cry every time. you want me to upload it to YSI?

Last edited:
For my Beloved Near Clone.

edge0263.jpg

It's late when you finally collapse with a giggle into the car. There's laughter as he climbs in with you and sits in the seat across. You lay on your back, giggling at nothing in particular, aside from the warm floating feeling the alcohol is having in your system. You're laying rather bonelessly on the long seat, and the sight of your runners on the posh leather sends you into yet another fit of laughter.

He smiles indulgently, watching you. He waits, ever so paticent. Slowly you stop laughing and lay, exhausted, on the seat. You turn to look at him. "Hi there!" You say brightly. "What's a car like you doing in a guy like this?"

Again he smiles, ever so patient with you. "Well, I'm riding in car. On my way to my hotel. With my beautiful fiancee."

You gasp, and shreak in laughter once more. "Are you chating on me, E- E-... Dave?"

Silently he gets on one knee in the car, pulling out a blue box, opening it to reveal a silver dolphin, balancing hte most beautiful moon stone on it's back fin. "Am I?"

You gasp, tears welling up in your eyes. "Dave! Oh.. God!"

"I'll take that as a yes." He replies, slipping the ring on your finger and moving forward to give you a long kiss.

You sigh, your arms wrapping around his neck. Jsut then the window seperating the driver from the pair of you slides down and Bono is in one of the passanger seats, wearing a bright glittery gold hat. He blows a noise maker at the pair of you. "About damn time!"

Adam throws a hand full of confetti over his shoulder. "Maztav. Or whatever. Where to Boss?"

Edge smiles as you collapse into a fit of giggles, happily blowing the noise maker Bono has snuck you. "Second start to the left, and straight on til morning."

Ahh here we are...

Ireland
Written by: Garth Brooks, Stephanie Davis, Jenny Yates
They say mother earth is breathing
With each wave that finds the shore
Her soul rises in the evening
For to open twilights door
Her eyes are the stars in heaven
Watching o'er us all the while
And her heart it is in Ireland
Deep within the Emerald Isle

We are forty against hundreds
In someone elses bloody war
We know not why were fighting
Or what we're dying for
They will storm us in the morning
When the sunlight turns to sky
Death is waiting for its dance now
Fate has sentenced us to die

Ireland I am coming home
I can see your rolling fields of green
And fences made of stone
I am reaching out won't you take my hand
I'm coming home Ireland

Oh the captian he lay bleeding
I can hear him calling me
These men are yours now for the leading
Show them to their destiny
And as I look up all around me
I see the ragged tired and torn
I tell them to make ready
'Cause we're not waiting for the morn

Ireland I am coming home
And fences made of stone
I'm coming home Ireland

Now the fog is deep and heavy
As we forge the dark and fear
We can hear their horses breathing
As in silence we draw near
There are no words to be spoken
Just a look to say good-bye
I draw a breath and night is broken
As I scream our battle cry

Ireland I am coming home
And fences made of stone
I'm coming home Ireland

I am home Ireland !

jobob said:

You walk into his bathroom in the middle of the night. It's the first time you've stayed overnight at his place. You see him sitting in fron of the mirror. He's in his white bathrobe. As if he wanted to be modest again after what you and he just did, finally did, in his bed. He looks so handsome, so vulnerable, so sexy, all at the same time. He almost looks like some kind of tired Rock Star at the end of a concert. You feel you're intruding on a very private moment, yet you can't help but look at him.
"Hey, B," you say softly. The bathrobe falls loosely around his neck, exposing the skin around his collarbone. You want to kiss him there. So you do, softly.
"Hey, you." He puts his hand in your hair as you kiss his neck.
You're surprised he doesn't return your kiss.
"Something wrong, dear? You seem quiet. That's not like you." For a moment, you think back to a few hours ago, when he wasn't quiet ... and you smile a little.
"Just thinking, my love. About you. Me. Us."
"Oh?" You notice a gap at the back of the bathrobe, exposing his upper back. You put you hand there, feel his body heat on a warm summer night. You feel his muscles relax under your touch. "A penny for your thoughts, B. Or whatever the currency for them would be if we were at your home in Ireland instead of in America."
"I love you."
You're stunned. He's now smiling. He puts an arm around your waist, gently pulls you down onto his lap. He begins kissing you and stroking your skin. The kisses become more urgent, deeper. Your arms are around each other. You can feel the soft terrycloth of his robe.
"Let's go back to bed," he whispers in your ear.

Yes, Jobob finally quit asking everyone else to write caps and wrote one of her own ... comments? Suggestions?

Joanne that was so perfect with that picture!!! It brought a little tear to my eye and then made me want to snog his face off. :giggle: Well done!!! You should do caps more often. :wink:

Man after all the caps tonight I finally gave in and opened up a huge bottle of Smirnoff Ice. I'm drinking it straight from the bottle. Why bother dirty a clean cup. :wink:

Hee hee ... This picture makes me giggle. (The first thing I thought when I saw the filename was of Russty :wink: then I thought of Russty being the girl in the left hand corner... :giggle:
BonoBrazil24.jpg

Thanks SG and Cindy! No wonder it sounds so familair. D'oh! I have the cd out in the studio. :laugh: Along with all the other Garth Brooks we have. If I remember right its on the double live album.

Edge cap! :drool: Stick a fork in me, I'm so done! :combust: :faint:

:( Nighty night Mucca! :hug:

Sad_Girl said:
Hee hee ... This picture makes me giggle. (The first thing I thought when I saw the filename was of Russty :wink: then I thought of Russty being the girl in the left hand corner... :giggle:
BonoBrazil24.jpg

Thank God the filename isn't BonoinBrazil or I would have lost it! :laugh: I would totally be that girl, except for about fifty shades whiter! :wink:

Russty Cat said:
Thanks SG and Cindy! No wonder it sounds so familair. D'oh! I have the cd out in the studio. :laugh: Along with all the other Garth Brooks we have. If I remember right its on the double live album.

Edge cap! :drool: Stick a fork in me, I'm so done! :combust: :faint:

:( Nighty night Mucca! :hug:

Actually, it's the last track on his Wild Horses CD. I love it and it's what I think aobut when I hear Ireland. *sighs* It's so cool to know I had an aunt who was from Ireland. Apparently I could technically get duel citizinship because of it.

Edge cap? What?

My Near Clone left? No fair!

Sad_Girl said:

BonoBrazil24.jpg

"Nooo! I'm so close! I can ... almost... touch it!" :lmao:

:lmao: And oddy enough i don't think B would mind if I do. :wink:

Larry talking about Elvis. :heart: You can be my glorified messanger boy anytime, baby! :sexywink:

Thank you all for the positive comments on the cap. :)
Wish Bri had been here to see it when I posted it.

after all the crap I keep giving her about writing caps, she deserves to read a Bono cap, right?

I swear, those bathrobe photos are ... inspiring.

B is so going to wear a white bathrobe in my next chapter. Just you all wait and see. :yes:

CeeCee said:

Actually, it's the last track on his Wild Horses CD. I love it and it's what I think aobut when I hear Ireland. *sighs* It's so cool to know I had an aunt who was from Ireland. Apparently I could technically get duel citizinship because of it.

Edge cap? What?

My Near Clone left? No fair!

Damn I think the one Garth cd that I don't have is Wild Horses, if I remember right that is the one that Robert my ex got in the break up. :lol: Damn him! But I'll have to check my cd case and see.

Sad_Girl said:
Ahh here we are...

Ireland
Written by: Garth Brooks, Stephanie Davis, Jenny Yates

<snipped most of song to quote the chorus and ending>

Ireland I am coming home
And fences made of stone
I'm coming home Ireland

I am home Ireland !

Time for another Patentened "Is It Just Me, Or ..." Moment here.
Is it just my current obsession, or did these songwriters also listen to A Sort of Homecoming a few dozen times? :hmm:

Russty Cat said:

Damn I think the one Garth cd that I don't have is Wild Horses, if I remember right that is the one that Robert my ex got in the break up. :lol: Damn him! But I'll have to check my cd case and see.

It's easily downloaded, I'm sure. LOL. Or I can just take it to hte library and try and burn you a copy of mine.

Russty Cat said:

actually it first appeared on Fresh Horses but also is on the limited series

No worries if I don't have mine I know Mr. Cats brother has a copy I can borrow. :hug: :D

Well ladies I think its time for me to go work for a bit, before I totally pass out. :giggle: Have a good night and I'll see ya tomorrow. :hug: :heart: :wave:

jobob said:

Time for another Patentened "Is It Just Me, Or ..." Moment here.
Is it just my current obsession, or did these songwriters also listen to A Sort of Homecoming a few dozen times? :hmm:

:hmm: I'm gonna have to go with just you on this one. I :heart: a sort of homecoming, def in my top 20 U2 songs, but Maybe it's because I love Ireland as well and have listened to it a great number of times, I don't see any influence on that one. :shrug:

G'night Russty :hug: Good luck with your work and congrats again!

Sad_Girl said:

:hmm: I'm gonna have to go with just you on this one. I :heart: a sort of homecoming, def in my top 20 U2 songs, but Maybe it's because I love Ireland as well and have listened to it a great number of times, I don't see any influence on that one. :shrug:

G'night Russty :hug: Good luck with your work and congrats again!

Some of the imagery in the lyrics just sounded similar ... :shrug:
I've never heard the "Ireland" song. And I've only ever owned one Garth Brooks album, the one with "We Shall Be Free" on it. (dunno why I bought it or where it is now; I'm not much of a country music fan).

Belated goodbye and congrats, Russty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom