Pleba Girls Party - Sing along with us!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Dazz, saw your suggestion too late :hug:

There's a few knitters in this thread actually - RusstyCat (who's been mostly MIA recently due to moving and modem issues) does absolutely gorgeous stuff, both with yarn and in her art generally :D

Drea said:

There's a few knitters in this thread actually - RusstyCat (who's been mostly MIA recently due to moving and modem issues) does absolutely gorgeous stuff, both with yarn and in her art generally :D

that's cool! I just finished a pair of red/black/white striped socks I like to think of as my "vertisocks". Yup, I'm a nerd. :yes:

i was still in the last one

i just told alis to head on over.....:D

SO, drea, i see you do more crochtte that knit......

Funny how some people can do both, and others can only seem to do one.

My Mom's mom was a superb crochetter, cross-sticher and embroiderer. I can't remember if she knitted. everything i still have of hers is either, cs, emb. or crcht.

My mom is an excellent embroiderer & knitter. Good crochetter. But she HATES cross-stitching! :lol:

MY Mom

Drea said:

that's OK, Drea!

*breaks into a lung-clearing rendition of

"........so DON'T let the Bastards [aka my nasty roomate] drive you dowwnnnnnn!!!!!!!!........ "

oh yeah Bussty does wonder work! :yes:

My mother tried to teach me to knit once, when I was 10 or something... I laboriously knitted about 6 lines or rows or whatever you call them, put it in a drawer and never got it out again. :D
I did do one of those long-stitch-by-numbers things... those are fun. :)

Alisaura said:
My mother tried to teach me to knit once, when I was 10 or something... I laboriously knitted about 6 lines or rows or whatever you call them, put it in a drawer and never got it out again. :D
I did do one of those long-stitch-by-numbers things... those are fun. :)

:lol:

laughing WITH you.....it took me 3 trys over a PERiod of ....:hmm:.........close to 30 years :lmao: :lmao: to FINALLY start getting the knitting thing going . A good portion of my time is taken up with drawing, "painting" with Corel's PaiNter & Photoshop, and designing wonderful silver-wire jewely. and with or without beads.
My silver-wire jewelry usually looks QUITE unique from maqny others.

SO knitting usually gets done when i'm not doing one of these other endeavors.

dazzledbylight said:

My silver-wire jewelry usually looks QUITE unique from maqny others.
SO knitting usually gets done when i'm not doing one of these other endeavors.

Ooh, I've been thinking lately that I wouldn't mind getting into jewellry-making. Mmm, shiny things. :)
Except that would involve spending money and I'm not allowed to do that... :( Stupid having-to-save-up-for-overseas-holiday...

One of these days! *shakes fist*

dazzledbylight said:

which one>........Mr Juan/eye candy?

Nope, the "Swatches" one *g* ("Swatches? We don't need no stinking swatches!")

Russty definitely needs to see the Born To Knit one :giggle: Though the tattoo wouldn't fit well with her guitar one :wink:

Alisaura said:

Ooh, I've been thinking lately that I wouldn't mind getting into jewellry-making. Mmm, shiny things. :)
Except that would involve spending money and I'm not allowed to do that... :( Stupid having-to-save-up-for-overseas-holiday...

One of these days! *shakes fist*

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: SHINEY Things!

You sound way young enough to have time to try it! :yes: .

But i know as a creative type I DO get :mad: when i don't have either the money [often], or time [sometimes] to at least have a try at something that 's caught my fancy creatively.

it can be a different type of art or craaft-making. Or a variat6ion with0-in the saMe craft or art.

BTW where are you saving up to go to!?!? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom