Pleba Girls Party - Sing along with us!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:

Nope - Larry's actual name is Lawrence Mullen - he added the Junior later on when the Irish tax people started getting he and his dad confused :lol: Lardence is a nickname *g*

Aha, thanks :) I guess it makes as much sense as any nickname...

Dazzled: *hangs head in shame* I know, what was I thinking? When I was planning the trip I was in something of a down section of my cycle of U2-fandom-ness... so it didn't really occur to me. And now I've got the itinerary finalised and it would put me over the 26,000 miles the ticket allows me to detour to Dublin, to say nothing of the fee for changing a flight... plus I don't know anyone in Dublin and going places where I don't know anyone is scary. :yikes:
Plus I've only got so much time and a lot of people to visit... Next time! Maybe. I don't really want to go and look at their houses or anything, seems a bit too stalkerish. :|

I'm not planning on going to NYC this time either... maybe my next trip will be a U2 trip and I can go to all those places.
I'll just have to be content with England, Scotland, Atlanta, Chicago and Hawaii... and the only reason I'm going to Hawaii is that I want to see an erupting volcano.
Did I mention that I'm a science geek with a geology degree? :D

ALis.i was just catching up on previous thread.

I noticed a comment from Thora about...........

........the fabled Tim Tams! :lol:

I'm laughing because I have beeing trying VERY off & on to find them here in NYC!

you'd think SOMEONE would have them, but SO far NO luck.
Tjo there IS another Autrailian stuff store i haven't yet checked out from someone's recomendation from late summer. :giggle:

All the other leads have panned out! :madspit:

:wink:

Congrats on the 8700! :applaud:

Dazzled... I will post Tim Tams to you if you like! I sent a box full of 7 packets of them to a friend in Canada last year. No one should be ignorant of the glory that is the Tim Tam! Especially when you bite off opposite corners and slurp your hot chocolate/coffee through them.... :drool: :drool:

And it's only fair, since I've been hopelessly addicted to Reese's peanut butter things since one of my friends brought me some back from America years ago. :drool:

I just won't post them until it's cooler here, cos you don't want to get a melted congealed mass in the post. :)

" The shackles are undone,
The bullets quit the gun,
The heat that`s in the sun will keep us when it`s done...
The rule has been disproved,
The stone, it has been moved,
The grain is now a groove,
All debts are removed...Oh cant you see what this love has done x2...
Love makes strange enemies,
Makes love where love may please,
the soul and it`s striptease,
hate brought to it`s knees,
the sky over our head,we can reach it from our bed,
if you let in in your heart and out of my head...
Oh can`t you see what this love has done x2 What it`s doing to me..."

you`ll have to hear the rest:rockon:
does that help a little Dazz,and to all who haven`t herd it:D

Last edited:
And flybabe, good luck with getting your licence! Driving is the best. :) Especially a long drive with your CD player blasting U2... :D

Alisaura said:

Dazzled: *hangs head in shame* I know, what was I thinking? When I was planning the trip I was in something of a down section of my cycle of U2-fandom-ness..

well, THAT makes perfect sense! :yes:

I'm not planning on going to NYC this time either... maybe my next trip will be a U2 trip and I can go to all those places.
I'll just have to be content with England, Scotland, Atlanta, Chicago and Hawaii... and the only reason I'm going to Hawaii is that I want to see an erupting volcano.
Did I mention that I'm a science geek with a geology degree? :D

:eek:
NOT visitng NYC on your first trip! :shame:

:wink:

I was in Atlanta SO long ago.....visiting again would be like praqcticaly visiting a new city gfor the first time!

Hawaii! :love: SO far not yet.

But I AM part- :nerd:, I enjoy the Earth Sciences/ the Astronomy etc Sciences and Theoretical/Quantum Physics!

Oh yeah, Volcanoes........ scary & fascinating! Good reason to go, then!

Chicago :hyper: is at the top of my list for Next-USA-City that have yet to visit! Hopefully within 2 -3 yrs!

I have traveled across The USA by bus 2x's 79 & 80.
Plus shorter bus and train trips to other East Coast cities.
Also to lansing Mich for Printed Zine/ SF & Media Fandom conventions 87 - 89.

Alisaura said:
Congrats on the 8700! :applaud:

Dazzled... I will post Tim Tams to you if you like! I sent a box full of 7 packets of them to a friend in Canada last year. No one should be ignorant of the glory that is the Tim Tam! Especially when you bite off opposite corners and slurp your hot chocolate/coffee through them.... :drool: :drool:

And it's only fair, since I've been hopelessly addicted to Reese's peanut butter things since one of my friends brought me some back from America years ago. :drool:

I just won't post them until it's cooler here, cos you don't want to get a melted congealed mass in the post. :)

AW that's VERY sweet., ut i'll only take you up on the offer after I've exhausted "the hunt".

Part of it IS the joy of the search! :giggle:
I mean .....here in one of THE World's Great Cities- with ALL it's Diversity-- NO store actaully HAS them!

SO far I refuse to beleive that!!! :lol:

I tell you......it's The Challenge, too! :lol:

flybabe said:
" The shackles are undone,
The bullets quit the gun,
The heat that`s in the sun will keep us when it`s done...
The rule has been disproved,
The stone, it has been moved,
The grain is now a groove,
All debts are removed...Oh cant you see what this love has done x2...
Love makes strange enemies,
Makes love where love may please,
the soul and it`s striptease,
hate brought to it`s knees,
the sky over our head,we can reach it from our bed,
if you let in in your heart and out of my head...
Oh can`t you see what this love has done x2 What it`s doing to me..."

you`ll have to hear the rest:rockon:
does that help a little Dazz,and to all who haven`t herd it:D

Ooooooo what sexy lyrics!!!:drool: :drool:

yeah that's a big help. :hug: thanks fb!

I'll print them out later on and then have them when i go listen/see the vid again!

:hug: fly I'm doing good. Just tired. Its been a long road to here. But things are finally settling down. :drool: I've missed you all! Its good to be back.

Okay I love Windows is there a video I've missed? :hyper: :dance:

Alison its nice to meet you. And yes I'm the fabled Russty Cat that you probably thought was just a figment of everyones imagination. :wink:

Drea :hug: Dazz :hug: :sexywink: The new house is freakin fabulous! I can actually hide in here. :lol: I have heat and my own loo! What more could a girl ask for? :giggle:

dazzledbylight said:

:eek:
NOT visitng NYC on your first trip! :shame:

*hangs head still further*
.... I think NYC looks scary.... :reject:

But I AM part- :nerd:, I enjoy the Earth Sciences/ the Astronomy etc Sciences and Theoretical/Quantum Physics!

Hooray! :nerd:s rock! :D I wanted to be a palaeontologist when I was at uni, hence the geology/biology degree. You can't get a straight palaeo degree in Australia....

Oh yeah, Volcanoes........ scary & fascinating! Good reason to go, then!

I thought so. :) Volcanoes are very cool, as long as they're relatively safe and not endangering people.... :yikes:

Plus shorter bus and train trips to other East Coast cities.
Also to lansing Mich for Printed Zine/ SF & Media Fandom conventions 87 - 89. [/B]

Woohoo! I'm going to Dragon*Con in Atlanta to meet up with my internet friends :D

Russty Cat said:

:hug: fly I'm doing good. Just tired. Its been a long road to here. But things are finally settling down. :drool: I've missed you all! Its good to be back.

OH I'm SO ~*~*~*~HAPPY~*~*~*~ for you!!!!!!!!!!

it's been sucha a rough road!!!!

and DEF have missed you!

Okay I love Windows is there a video I've missed? :hyper: :dance:

I think it's WONDERFUL. SOme folks don't like it that there's very little actual U2 in it.

But I think it's a lovely piece of vid! :heart:

I'm sure there's a link on some thread.maybe a premium person can post it for you.

Back
Top Bottom