Pleba Girls Party - Sing along with us!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:

:lmao: I love the word tool. Me and my best friend use it all the time. :wink:

Yay for work nearly being finished. Only 4 more days till weekend, :crack:

hee hee, me too. I find myself saying it a lot lately. :)

isn't it sad that I'm already looking forward to the weekend?! oh well. how rude of me...I didn't ask how you are doing. I must admit, I am a bit out of the loop since I'm still a fairly new newbie :hug:

Sad_Girl said:
Hi Thora :hug: How's your neck feeling today? Better I hope

I'm okay. The muscle relaxants the Dr. gave me are making me a bit loopy, but it is helping.

I had my appt w/ my insurance people this afternoon, and all will be paid for. My bumper has to be replaced, but that's it.

ThoraSEB said:

I'm okay. The muscle relaxants the Dr. gave me are making me a bit loopy, but it is helping.

I had my appt w/ my insurance people this afternoon, and all will be paid for. My bumper has to be replaced, but that's it.

I thought you were loopy all the time :wink:

awesome that everything will be taken care of for you. :up: I imagine lots of these cases are difficult when so many happen at once with weather and all.

U2Girl416 said:

hee hee, me too. I find myself saying it a lot lately. :)

isn't it sad that I'm already looking forward to the weekend?! oh well. how rude of me...I didn't ask how you are doing. I must admit, I am a bit out of the loop since I'm still a fairly new newbie :hug:

I always look forward to the weekend. :wink:

I'm ok. A few things on my mind but ok really. :)

bonoishot said:
Hi Brit. :wave: Whats wrong?

:hug:

Hi Jem! How are you?:hug: I think I mentioned a few threads ago that I'm thinking about taking the rest of the semester off from school. My mom was sick of course, but her cancer is gone now, Thank God. However, the tumor did a lot of nerve damage since it was so close to her spine, so her walking/balance will be impaired for a few years. She's been living with her sister and bro.-in-law since she and my dad got divorced in September. Now that her treatments are done, she'll be getting her own place next month. I don't want her to be alone, and I'm miserable at this particular school, so I want to move back home with her. However until she gets her place, I'd have to stay with my grandparents. They told me this morning that I could, and my grandma just called and said I couldn't come home because I'll embarrass my family and that God told her that something bad will happen if I do. She said I'm ruining the rest of my life.:sad:

ThoraSEB said:

That's good news then. the whiplash should fade away a bit more every day now, especially with the muscle relaxers to help. And although I'll bet your bumper looks a bit funny at the moment, that's what they're there for, to take the brunt of the impact. and thet's the way it ought to be; we have lots of bumpers in the world, and only one you :wink:

ThoraSEB said:

Thora. :hug: I read about what happened.

Thats good the insurance will pay for everything. :up::)

Sad_Girl said:

That's good news then. the whiplash should fade away a bit more every day now, especially with the muscle relaxers to help. And although I'll bet your bumper looks a bit funny at the moment, that's what they're there for, to take the brunt of the impact. and thet's the way it ought to be; we have lots of bumpers in the world, and only one you :wink:

:yes: Very true. Lots of bumpers but only one thora. :hug::heart:

Brit :hug: I know as much as even just a few weeks seems like forever at your age, but it's not so bad. Finish what you've started at school, have faith in God to work out the living arangements for you and your mom, and just ride it out. It'll pass. Things happen at certain times for a reason, and we don't get to choose that time more often than not :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

that cracked me up! I was so glad, too

that stupid cow annoys me to no end :madwife: she's always teasing people and making people cry :grumpy:

Seriously i was reading just before i started work this morning and i resembled this smilie ---------> :lmao:

Everyone was like. :uhoh: What you laughing at. :wink:

Well the mascot got its comeuppance. :lol:

Bully. :madwife:

U2isthebest said:

Hi Jem! How are you?:hug: I think I mentioned a few threads ago that I'm thinking about taking the rest of the semester off from school. My mom was sick of course, but her cancer is gone now, Thank God. However, the tumor did a lot of nerve damage since it was so close to her spine, so her walking/balance will be impaired for a few years. She's been living with her sister and bro.-in-law since she and my dad got divorced in September. Now that her treatments are done, she'll be getting her own place next month. I don't want her to be alone, and I'm miserable at this particular school, so I want to move back home with her. However until she gets her place, I'd have to stay with my grandparents. They told me this morning that I could, and my grandma just called and said I couldn't come home because I'll embarrass my family and that God told her that something bad will happen if I do. She said I'm ruining the rest of my life.:sad:

Brit, I recall the thread about you taking time off from school. I think it's wonderful that you want to be there for your mom. Is it possible to finish out the semester and then move back in your mom? I don't know if that's a better option or not, I realize I don't know you very well :hug: I don't agree with your grandmother's words though. For me, family comes first. And if you're in a position where it is possible to be there for your mom, I would say do it. But like I said, I don't know the entire situation. But I do know that school will always be there when you're ready if you decide to be with your mom. :hug:

Thanks girls for your sweet words! :hug: I'm glad the bumper did protect me, and I'll have a shiny new one soon! :lol:

And Diana, yeah, I'm always loopy, but these pills are making me even more so! :wink:

I'm sorry about your situation, Britt. :hug: I hope you'll be able to work some good solution out soon.

Sad_Girl said:
Brit :hug: I know as much as even just a few weeks seems like forever at your age, but it's not so bad. Finish what you've started at school, have faith in God to work out the living arangements for you and your mom, and just ride it out. It'll pass. Things happen at certain times for a reason, and we don't get to choose that time more often than not :hug:

Thank you SG!:hug: I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard. I didn't sign up for any classes this semester because I didn't think I'd be coming back last Monday from Christmas. It's really too late to register now, so I need to get out of the dorms soon (which I want to!) I'm just sick of people in my family (and I'm mainly talking about my aunt and uncle, that my mom is currently living with) sticking their noses in a situation that really is none of their business unless I choose to make it that way. They've been trying to run my life ever since my mom got sick, and they barely even noticed me before. I'm pissed because they fricking need to realize that I'm an adult :ohmy:, and I don't want their advice unless I ask for it. Novel, isn't it?:happy: :|

Brit. :hug: How about try finish the rest of your term ( sorry semester you call it right? ) off at school, then when your mum has moved in to her new place you can see if you can join her then.

It is difficult enough having someone being ill with out there being a bit of a distance between you and its natural you want to be there for her. Wait it out and see what happens in a few weeks.

I'm inclined to disagree with your Grandmothers words but thats probably just because i have been there and looked after my mum. I would do it all over again.

Maybe talk it though with your friends you grew up with. They know you and your family a lot better. :hug:

U2Girl416 said:

Brit, I recall the thread about you taking time off from school. I think it's wonderful that you want to be there for your mom. Is it possible to finish out the semester and then move back in your mom? I don't know if that's a better option or not, I realize I don't know you very well :hug: I don't agree with your grandmother's words though. For me, family comes first. And if you're in a position where it is possible to be there for your mom, I would say do it. But like I said, I don't know the entire situation. But I do know that school will always be there when you're ready if you decide to be with your mom. :hug:

Thank you! :hug: And yes, it would seem more beneficial to finish the year, but I've gotten to hate it so much here; that I feel I'd be doing myself a disservice by staying here. I wouldn't be getting the benefits of my education and I would probably not put forth the effort here. There is a solution to this problem, and it's quite simple. However, most people are making a bigger deal out of it then it is.:huh:

ThoraSEB said:
Thanks girls for your sweet words! :hug: I'm glad the bumper did protect me, and I'll have a shiny new one soon! :lol:

And Diana, yeah, I'm always loopy, but these pills are making me even more so! :wink:

I'm sorry about your situation, Britt. :hug: I hope you'll be able to work some good solution out soon.

Thanks Thora!! :hug: I'm glad to hear everything is getting worked out with your car, and that your neck is going to alright!:yes:

Brit, unfortunately that seems to be something every family is capable of doing to their own :crack: I don't really understand why people tend to pick and choose when they are interested and stick their noses in. Usually there really is a genuine seed of love and concern, but unfortunately it tends to lead to frustration and arguments. And there really isn't any way to convince them you are an adult :lol: I'm thirty and they still treat me like a kid :shrug:

Paitence is the key. Patience and Faith :yes: :heart:

Hi Bri! :hug: Sorry I didn't catch you there. I'm loopy, and trying to work and keep up with the thread! :lmao: We'll see how well that happens. Long time no see! :hug:

Wild! :hug:

Wild :hug: How are you hon?

Bye Diana, take care :wave:

Brit - once you withdraw from school it is not easy to get back into the flow. I know, because I did it myself. More than once :reject: It's better to soldier on with the semester and then take the summer months to make proper arrangments to switch schools

Sad_Girl said:
Brit, unfortunately that seems to be something every family is capable of doing to their own :crack: I don't really understand why people tend to pick and choose when they are interested and stick their noses in. Usually there really is a genuine seed of love and concern, but unfortunately it tends to lead to frustration and arguments. And there really isn't any way to convince them you are an adult :lol: I'm thirty and they still treat me like a kid :shrug:

Paitence is the key. Patience and Faith :yes: :heart:

SG is wise. Listen to her. Yeah i've had my family be like that too.

GG. :hug: How ya doin?

Back
Top Bottom