Pleba Girls Party - Sami's looking Beautiful on the rail in Miami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back

now that I've enrolled in decent health insurance next year, if I still have the same employer next year, if I don't ever get off my butt and get out there and change my job ... :blahblah:

So, how is everyone? Did the Bono picture posting fest end? :wink:

Crap! Just remembered something I was gonna do this weekend! brb, kids!

Sad_Girl said:
Sounds like you're in a meloncholy kinda mood, too VP :hug:

I'm pissing myself off. :|

I can't figure out why I'm behaving the way I am with regard to him. He's offering me more than he ever has, and one would think I'd be happy, and jumping at it. But obviously, I'm not.

I find it really disconcerting not to know or have an awareness of the motivations for my behaviour, but I'm seriously stumped, and out-of-sorts, as a result. :sigh:

That song (Miles...) has the most haunting, gorgeous lyrics.

Miles From Our Home
No one in sight for fifty miles,
sleeping fields sigh as I glide across their spines
If I could just reach the crest of that hill
this whole day will tumble and out the night will spill

The sky is still as a spinning top,
shooting stars drop like burning words from above
If I could just connect all these dots,
the truth would tumble like a cynic vexed by love

And yet the people keep saying
I'm miles from my home,
miles from my home

I met you again in my sleep last night,
these are days of slow boats and false starts
Hearts remain under lock and key,
you will be the one to set them both free

And yet the people will tell you
your miles from your home,
miles from your home

But that's where I want to be
Out there searching,
out here fumbling,
out here waiting,
for you and you for me

The moon hangs like a question mark,
pale as milk, bold as a promise
When will you share the sights with us?
when will we hold you in our arms?

And the people we'll tell them
we're miles from our home,
miles from our home

The video was amazing too. Gorgeous and poignant. Depicted a young man taken with another young man, but too afraid to show his attraction, so he was all shy and awkward about it. At the end, it's clear that the other guy feels the same way about him. :heart: It was beautiful.

Sad_Girl said:
VP :hug: How frustrating. Maybe you're just thinking about it too much? Just let it be whatever it is

Bri - Why do you say that about your chem exam?

I went and peeked at the solutions.....
I can't remember all my answers exactly, but :|

I'm feeling this was some evil trade off where I'm gonna do awesome on stats this time (I did ok last time), and mess up my chem.

sorry to grump, if I was smart I wouldn't have looked now. :hug:s

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
VP :hug: How frustrating. Maybe you're just thinking about it too much? Just let it be whatever it is

That's just me. :shrug: I think.

Comes with my area of interest, I suppose. If I can't understand myself, how can I ever hope to understand others?

:nerd:

:lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I'm feeling this was some evil trade off where I'm gonna do awesome on stats this time (I did ok last time), and mess up my chem.

:hug: you might be surprised yet, don't worry

~BrightestStar~ said:

I've done that before, and honestly, by the time I get out of an exam, I can barely remember what responses I put, and they all seem wrong. But it always turns out better than I think it will. :hug:

Night Fly :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: you might be surprised yet, don't worry
VintagePunk said:

I've done that before, and honestly, by the time I get out of an exam, I can barely remember what responses I put, and they all seem wrong. But it always turns out better than I think it will. :hug:

:hug::hug:
Thanks girls.

I just dled Wake up :drool:

VP :hug:
Isn't it often said that the hardest person to understand is oneself?

Night Fly :hug: :heart:

Hello, again.

My boss should be feeling a big ol' foot on her forehead and two of my best Real Life friends probably suddenly feel like crying uncontroably right about now -- 'cause I just went over my boss' head and went against my friend's wishes and applied for a job opening with our company. In Chicago.

I'm not sure if I'm really qualified for it, but I felt I had to take the chance and do it. I can't stay where I am much longer. And I think that given the chance, I'd like living in Chicago.

~BrightestStar~ said:
VP :hug:
Isn't it often said that the hardest person to understand is oneself?

[/B]

I think it comes more naturally to some than others. A lot of it depends on how introspective you are. And in general, females are definitely better at it than men.

VintagePunk said:

I think it comes more naturally to some than others. A lot of it depends on how introspective you are. And in general, females are definitely better at it than men.

Thats true.
I'd imagine females being better at it may also have to do with the fact that (generally) females analyze/scrutinize things more often than men.

VintagePunk said:

And at the same time, they're worse - there is such a thing as being too introspective; loosing opportunities because you spend too much time inside your head, thinking things over and not actually DOING anything

I've been reading a book entitled 'Women who think too much' can you tell? :lol:

Jo :up: that sounds like a good opportunity for you

~BrightestStar~ said:

Thats true.
I'd imagine females being better at it may also have to do with the fact that (generally) females analyze/scrutinize things more often than men.

Interpersonally, yes. Females have much better interpersonal skills than males, and this has been shown in many ways, and in many aspects of relating to others.

Although all women know this instinctively, and don't need studies to tell us. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

And at the same time, they're worse - there is such a thing as being too introspective; loosing opportunities because you spend too much time inside your head, thinking things over and not actually DOING anything

I've been reading a book entitled 'Women who think too much' can you tell? :lol:

Jo :up: that sounds like a good opportunity for you

Yes, I think you mentioned that book. And if it gets to the point where you'd rather just sit there and mull things over endlessly rather than act, that could be a problem. But then again, so can acting rashly, with little or no thought. It's definitely a balancing act.

Hi Diane :hug:

Thanks, SG, wish me luck. I have the sickening feeling that even though I have a masters degree in the field, they'll take a look at my recent (crappy. but for some reasons) work history and years in my underpaid job and say thanks but no thanks.

You can tell I'm not the most confident person when it comes to jobhunting, right? :(

Hello, Diane! Still looking for stuff to sell on eBay? How about a crappy laptop which I haven't used in almost two years?

Hi Joanne! :hug:

Yes, I am looking to sell LOTS of stuff on eBay. You should put your laptop on there...if you really don't like it anymore, you can get it out of your apartment and get some $$$$ for it!

I should have been listing things for sale today, but I'm trying to sleep my cold away. I'm getting worried, because when I woke up this morning, it was all in my throat. Now it feels like its gravatating towards my chest. I'm really scared of getting pneumonia, because my mother's cousin's husband died of undiagnosed pneumonia--he thought he had a cold, went to sleep and never woke up. I don't feel that badly, but I've still got to keep an eye on this.

And I have no health insurance...

SG!!! Bri!!! :hug: :hug:

Yeah, I haven't been feeling too well, so I need my sleep. I've been sleeping well, which is good, but I'm just trying to shake off this cold I got about a week ago.

I've also been pretty scarce around here because I've been debating selling my 11/21 MSG ticket because I can really use the money, and it is something that people will buy. I won't scalp it, but if I can get back the $99 I paid for it, it could help me. But right now, I'm leaning towards keeping it and going to the show. I'm trying to find other things to sell on eBay instead. From what I can see so far, my rear seat for 12/4 in Boston will have no value on eBay...there are quite a few single tickets on there with far better seats and no bidders so far.

Diane L said:
Hi Joanne! :hug:

Yes, I am looking to sell LOTS of stuff on eBay. You should put your laptop on there...if you really don't like it anymore, you can get it out of your apartment and get some $$$$ for it!

I'm really scared of getting pneumonia, because my mother's cousin's husband died of undiagnosed pneumonia--he thought he had a cold, went to sleep and never woke up. I don't feel that badly, but I've still got to keep an eye on this.

And I have no health insurance...

I just reenrolled in mine for 2006 ... my little reminder of how much my medical, dental, and vision plans cost me and my company, if I don't switch employers during the year ...

:yikes:

Anyway, back to you, Diane, with no health insurance ...

An even stronger :yikes:

Is there some sort of clinic you can go to where you live? Or an urgent care clinic or, as a very last resort, the emergency room?

Back
Top Bottom