Pleba Girls Party - Ring the bells for Russty, she got her churchhouse!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bri, you did a project awhile back involving music charts, right?

I'm looking to find out what was particularly popular music in 1981-1982; any advice where I might find some info?

*Jo pets Bri's head as Bri does her puppy impression*

Okay, I'll stay with you.

I asked Bono, and he said he would sit down and stay with you awhile, too. :wink:

93d5ed8e.jpg

~BrightestStar~ said:
You are in luck my dear,
The weekly archives go all the way back to 1980.
(they show the #1 hit for each week).

If you check the links on the left, there is also lists of top 100 songs for each year.

http://www.rockonthenet.com/archive/index.htm

Thank you! You rock! :rockon: :D :hug:

I was around for the 80's but that doesn't mean I remember them well :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:
^ :love:

Hope it helps with what I suspect you might be working at. :hyper:

:yes: in the brainstorming and research phases still, but yep :wink:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
Bri, you did a project awhile back involving music charts, right?

I'm looking to find out what was particularly popular music in 1981-1982; any advice where I might find some info?

I know you asked Bri, but Joanne the Librarian couldn't resist answering. :wink:

Try the Billboard charts for any particular week in those years (a large public library might have them). Rolling Stone also charts album sales in each of its issues. Or you could call the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum or search its website.

~BrightestStar~ said:
^ Billboard.com charges for the info. The bastards. :madwife:

:kiss: You're welcome!
Anything for the cause. :wink:

Hey! I was around for them too! :happy:
I bet there are baby pictures of me rocking out with my flock of seagull's do. :rockon:

:lol:
As a child of the seventies, I wore bell bottoms to pre-school... as a child of the 80's I wore sweat suits to elementary school

70's: knew the words to Jim Croce's greatest hits before I knew 'The Itsy bitsy spider'

80's: collected Michael Jackson cards and stickers :reject:

I could go on... but I don't want to :lol:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:lmao:
Do go on SG! :love:

Ever have a mullet? :wink:

Thankfully, no! :lmao: But I know plenty of guys who have and a couple girls.

When I was in Jr High School, the fashionable thing for guys was to have a mullet with the long back part permed :crack:

I wish I was joking :lmao:

~BrightestStar~ said:
^ Billboard.com charges for the info. The bastards. :madwife:

Hey, some of us are employed by publishing companies which charge for info they put on their web sites (and I'm one of the unlucky people who has to listen to people complain about it). Yes, those fees are a pain in the butt. But those fees cover my company's expenses and help pay our salaries ...

Hey! I was around for them too! :happy:
I bet there are baby pictures of me rocking out with my flock of seagull's do. :rockon:

God, you're making me feel old right now. :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:
That's hot. :combust:

Was Ferris Beuller your hero?
Did you want to go dirty dancing?
Did you think you were pretty in pink?
Did you have hair that took up the entire background of your highschool graduation picture? :lmao: ( I have *actually* seen this!)

yes
oh, yeah!
No, and I was always upset with the girl in that movie, because I thought she should have fallen in love with her friend Duckie instead
and, no, thank God, I graduated in 1994 and we had moved on to 'Rachel' haircuts by then (But my cousins senior picture is like that :lol: )

Sorry you don't feel well, Weldy :hug:

jobob said:

Hey, some of us are employed by publishing companies which charge for info they put on their web sites (and I'm one of the unlucky people who has to listen to people complain about it). Yes, those fees are a pain in the butt. But those fees cover my company's expenses and help pay our salaries ...

God, you're making me feel old right now. :wink:

I know, I know.
But when one is doing a school project, one does *not* wanna have to pay for info like that. :madwife:
Tuition costs enough.

:tongue:
Did you have a flock of seagulls do? :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Ok, so I have some neighbours with a 11 year difference between them.

So I start thinking....

What's 20 or so years matter? A mere drop in the ocean if you ask me....

:shifty:

:lol: Until someone 20+ years older that isn't an international rock superstar hits on you :ohmy: :yikes:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Was Ferris Beuller your hero?
Did you want to go dirty dancing?
Did you think you were pretty in pink?
Did you have hair that took up the entire background of your highschool graduation picture? :lmao: ( I have *actually* seen this!)

Save Ferris!

:wink:

:lmao: at memories of big, mall hair ...

Sad_Girl said:

yes
oh, yeah!
No, and I was always upset with the girl in that movie, because I thought she should have fallen in love with her friend Duckie instead
and, no, thank God, I graduated in 1994 and we had moved on to 'Rachel' haircuts by then (But my cousins senior picture is like that :lol: )

SG is now my hero. :love:
Sorry Ferris, you've been bumped to second place.

:lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I know, I know.
But when one is doing a school project, one does *not* wanna have to pay for info like that. :madwife:
Tuition costs enough.

:tongue:
Did you have a flock of seagulls do? :wink:

I agree, they should cut you a break for school projects. :wink:

No, I never had a Flock of Seagulls do. But I have had feathered bangs. Or was that more of a 70's hairstyle? :hmm:

Jo, I think you and I are the two oldest in here right now *g* In 1994 I was finishing my fourth year of university! (I did 5 - 4 yrs for Honours BA in English, and the 5th to do the last year of teachers' college)

<-- remembers pretty much all the 80s, since she was 9 in 1980

Back
Top Bottom