PLEBA girls party-riding around with the sausage man!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elessarian said:
I think I mentioned this before, but when I read that In Conversation that Bono was a Rankin (and I'm a Rankin on my dad's side) I jumped in my seat. My mom was like, "What's wrong? What are you reading?"

Nothing mom, nevermind. :)drool: ) :wink:

Eless: Just lusting after a cousin, mom. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
Anybody here know much Latin? I can't seem to find an easy translation to this: Pro Patria Invictus

Sarah does, but she's asleep. If you don't find anything, I can ask her in the morning. She's taken it for two years, as well as studying it on her own. She's a language geek.

VintagePunk said:

Sarah does, but she's asleep. If you don't find anything, I can ask her in the morning. She's taken it for two years, as well as studying it on her own. She's a language geek.

Wow, thats really cool! I love languages, but I only dabble. Haven't really taken any classes or anything. Yeah, I'd appreciate it if she has an educated guess for me. I *think* it's something about 'for fathers native country' or something, but I could be WAY off

Sad_Girl said:

Wow, thats really cool! I love languages, but I only dabble. Haven't really taken any classes or anything. Yeah, I'd appreciate it if she has an educated guess for me. I *think* it's something about 'for fathers native country' or something, but I could be WAY off

Here I go with the whole mother thing (feel free to tune me out :wink: )...but the kid's a genius. When she started school, she could have easily gone right into grade 3 or 4...so to avoid boredom, she went to a french immersion school till 8th grade. She continued on to an immersion program in high school, but dropped out of it after a year, because being in that program, as well as the gifted program she's in, limited her course selection too much. She's shifted to Latin instead, and says she'll pick up French again in university. :blahblah:

VintagePunk said:

Here I go with the whole mother thing (feel free to tune me out :wink: )...but the kid's a genius. When she started school, she could have easily gone right into grade 3 or 4...so to avoid boredom, she went to a french immersion school till 8th grade. She continued on to an immersion program in high school, but dropped out of it after a year, because being in that program, as well as the gifted program she's in, limited her course selection too much. She's shifted to Latin instead, and says she'll pick up French again in university. :blahblah:

Actually that's very impressive. Most kids today can barely speak English, much less show a natural proficiency in something like Latin. You must be very proud :) ...and she must be very lucky. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Thats very cool :cool: and you have every right and reason to be proud of her, that's quite a gift! I was always above the others in reading comprehension, and did some extra classes, but my Math was so poor, there was never any serious talk about moving me forward... I was still doing basic algebra (grade 9 level) in college :lmao:

Elessarian said:

Actually that's very impressive. Most kids today can barely speak English, much less show a natural proficiency in something like Latin. You must be very proud :) ...and she must be very lucky. :wink:

She's Rory Gilmore, except not as driven. She's pretty much a slacker, but still, her averages in the latter years of elementary school and every year of high school have been in the low to mid 90's. I'm quite proud...thanks. :) But I'd also like to see her have to work at something, for a change. It'd do her good.

Sad_Girl said:

Thats very cool :cool: and you have every right and reason to be proud of her, that's quite a gift! I was always above the others in reading comprehension, and did some extra classes, but my Math was so poor, there was never any serious talk about moving me forward... I was still doing basic algebra (grade 9 level) in college :lmao:

She's great at math, too. :mad: She's won competitions every year for the past 4 or 5. Meanwhile, I get past the 4 basic operations, and I'm lost. :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:
VP, thats really impressive! :yes: You have every reason to be proud. Sarah sounds extremely smart. And Languages can be a pain to learn, most give up on them. My grade 11 class had like 16 people.....and it wasa split 11/12 class. And 90 averages!? :rockon:

I'm only here for a few. btw.

We're both all clean!! :hyper: :hyper:

:lmao:

~BrightestStar~ said:

*gasp* Not those waterloo contests!!
The brainer! :tongue:

:heart:

Yup, the Waterloo contests...top in the school for her grade for each year of HS so far...and you wanna know the real shocker? They hold the test in Feb? In Mar? So almost everytime she's taken the test, she's only been a month or two into the semester, competing against kids who actually finished that year's math course the semester before.

She sure as hell didn't get her math abilities from me. :reject:

VintagePunk said:

Yup, the Waterloo contests...top in the school for her grade for each year of HS so far...and you wanna know the real shocker? They hold the test in Feb? In Mar? So almost everytime she's taken the test, she's only been a month or two into the semester, competing against kids who actually finished that year's math course the semester before.

She sure as hell didn't get her math abilities from me. :reject:

He he..I always had fun writing the waterloo contest. I never made top in the school though, a couple kids that I've known for years were math wizards. It was crazy. You'd be like what 123564 x 23.45 and they could calculate it in no time in therir heads...:crack:
So Sarah's in sememstered then right?

Oh, random question, does Sarah agree that in french immersion you learn to speak, but not write, and in core vica versa?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom