Pleba girls Party - propeller beanies required (other attire optional)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russty Cat said:

I can drink anything all night, mix it up whatever and I've never had a hangover. Of course I have been in treatment for being an acoholic, but thats a whole nother thing. :wink:

Seriously there is a rare condition in my family that my mother, brother, and I can drink tons and don't get hangovers or get sick. But I've learned eventually I will black out and that is scary. :lol:

That IS scary. Take care of yourself, hon! :hug:

I used to drink more often, but lately I've cut back because of the meds I'm on. I don't feel half dead in the mornings like I used to. :lmao:

Sad_Girl said:

Now that's friendship :yes: :giggle:

:laugh:

Elessarian said:
Okay, someone wanna explain to me the engineering behind Bono's hair lately....is it product? Blow drying? *whispers*...Rogaine? What gives?

Don't get me wrong, it's :drool: but very odd.

:lmao: :lmao:

I've had the same thoughts myself...and entered into a realm of self-loathing for it. :hug:

Some pics, it looks too slicked back...especially at thebeginning of the tour. I blame that on a bad cut and too much product. I think that lately though, it's vastly improved. :drool:

I do think something a bit shorted and layered, as opposed to longer and slicked back is much more flattering, though.

Have you seen his hair at the beginning of Slane, when they're walking onto the stage?? Looks like it's so stiff it's a helmut....looks much better later, when he's all sweaty.:drool:

VintagePunk said:

The only problem I have with it is, I'm prone to nosebleeds (have since I was a small child, no idea why, but I do...although I haven't had one in a few years)...and I'm all paranoid that the post is going to rub against the inside of my nose and make it worse. :huh:

I've always had problems with my nose as well and so far so good. The stud they used to pierce it had a longer post they bent into an L shape so it would stay in. It didn't move much at all or rub. The one I have in now that I put in myself is just a short post with a ball on the end to prevent it from coming out.

68c4fe59.jpg

7fae3cea.jpg

VintagePunk said:

I've had the same thoughts myself...and entered into a realm of self-loathing for it. :hug:

Some pics, it looks too slicked back...especially at thebeginning of the tour. I blame that on a bad cut and too much product. I think that lately though, it's vastly improved. :drool:

I do think something a bit shorted and layered, as opposed to longer and slicked back is much more flattering, though.

Have you seen his hair at the beginning of Slane, when they're walking onto the stage?? Looks like it's so stiff it's a helmut....looks much better later, when he's all sweaty.:drool:

Yeah! There were some appearance during Elevation where it looked terrible!!! It's a mystery.

I can't remember if anyone responded in the last thread...but did anyone read the Guardian articles from today?

VintagePunk said:

Sweaty Bono... :drool:

I love that concert. :lol: It's so funny! I love the part during New Year's Day when he throws the toilet paper up and it lands on his head. He's trying so hard not to laugh, but you can hear him laugh as he's singing. :laugh:

There's other bits that I love, too but I could sit here all night and tell you. :giggle:

Russty Cat said:
Oh man is that pic on the left with Bono just holding a towel over his lap?! :ohmy:

Right click save as always. :giggle:

I can drink anything all night, mix it up whatever and I've never had a hangover. Of course I have been in treatment for being an acoholic, but thats a whole nother thing. :wink:

Seriously there is a rare condition in my family that my mother, brother, and I can drink tons and don't get hangovers or get sick. But I've learned eventually I will black out and that is scary. :lol:

I go through phases where Ill drink like a fish for a while, then I won;t touch it for ages....but even at my worst, I've never considered it problematic, I get done what I need to. I've noticed with school, it's more of a stress reliever. I swear, I'm currently living the life of a 22 year old...drinking...no clean cutlery. my theory is, I was denied at the time, so I'm living it now. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

I go through phases where Ill drink like a fish for a while, then I won;t touch it for ages....but even at my worst, I've never considered it problematic, I get done what I need to. I've noticed with school, it's more of a stress reliever. I swear, I'm currently living the life of a 22 year old...drinking...no clean cutlery. my theory is, I was denied at the time, so I'm living it now. :lol:

Me too sista!! :yes:

*hears dissertation calling and runs and hides*

elysithea said:

That IS scary. Take care of yourself, hon! :hug:

I used to drink more often, but lately I've cut back because of the meds I'm on. I don't feel half dead in the mornings like I used to. :lmao:

:laugh:

:hug: I am more careful now and don't drink when I'm depressed. But I also live with the booze police so I can't get away with anything. :laugh: Mr. Cat always checks on me and nags the hell out of me if I start misbehaving. I do have to take a bunch of pills at bedtime so I'm careful about that.

Fun thing though is that the more I drink the funnier everything becomes. Last night I was laughing so hard Mr. Cat couldn't understand anything I was saying. He was laughing cuz I couldn't stop laughing. When he came in earlier and was bitching that I was drinking again, I informed him that didn't he have fun last night?! He said yeah, but its no fun trying to have sex with a sloppy drunk! :lmao: There is a snowballs chance in hell of that happening even if I stone cold sober. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

I've always had problems with my nose as well and so far so good. The stud they used to pierce it had a longer post they bent into an L shape so it would stay in. It didn't move much at all or rub. The one I have in now that I put in myself is just a short post with a ball on the end to prevent it from coming out.

Interesting...that might work. :hmm:

Elessarian said:

Yeah! There were some appearance during Elevation where it looked terrible!!! It's a mystery.

I can't remember if anyone responded in the last thread...but did anyone read the Guardian articles from today?

No, I didnt see it.

VintagePunk said:

I drank alot when I was very young, because my family life was so fucked up and I didn't know who to go for, for help. When they told me my mom was dying when I was 16 I started drinking and didn't really stop till I went to counseling when I was 20.

I try not to over do it now. But lately I think I've been doing it more to help cope with the pain, rather then taking all the pain meds they have me on. The meds don't work, they make me sleepy, and nauseous. I know I need to stop, but honestly last night I slept so damn good it was nice for once to not get woke up during the night from the pain in my leg and back.

One day I'll grow up as well VP. But until then we can have all the fun we want. :giggle:

Elessarian said:

Nice articles, but one of them mentioned a few German doctors holed up in Bono's hotel room giving him 28 injections for his back before his day's schedule began. 28 injections?!!?? I wonder if that's true? :(

I wonder if they would do cortizone shots?! If so 28 seems like total over kill! They have done 5 or 6 on me at once, but they said even that was pushing it! I wonder why they don't do a MD Pac on him if he is really that bad. They could give him the pac with the meds and let him walk around all day with it. Its like having an IV. It would get him moving quicker and not be so invasive.

If his back is really that bad, he shouldn't be jumping around so much! BAd boy! :(

Elessarian said:

Nice articles, but one of them mentioned a few German doctors holed up in Bono's hotel room giving him 28 injections for his back before his day's schedule began. 28 injections?!!?? I wonder if that's true? :(

:sad: :sad:

Ruff (do you know her??) mentioned seeing him somewhere later in the tour...think it might have been East Rutherford...and when she was waiting in the pre-soundcheck line, he got out of the car hobbling like an old man...apparently, not only was his back shot, but he also had a cold he couldn't shake for ages...

I was hoping that with the time off between legs, he'd be feeling better. :(

VintagePunk said:
The strawberry vodka one tastes like medicine. :|

(back to chocolate) :wink:

Um :shifty: I'd have to lick the inside of the bottle at this point. What? :shrug: I couldn't put an opened pint back in the fridge. :wink:

Okay weird cultural question...

The bottle I'm drinking says is 1 pint 8 oz. Years ago we called these a "40". Is this what they call a pint in other countries? It never occured to me that it was actually a pint! :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Ruff (do you know her??) mentioned seeing him somewhere later in the tour...think it might have been East Rutherford...and when she was waiting in the pre-soundcheck line, he got out of the car hobbling like an old man...apparently, not only was his back shot, but he also had a cold he couldn't shake for ages...

That really sucks! I know he doesn't like massages, but he should seriously see a massage therapist. They can help alot. It can be painful when they are doing it, but afterwards it feels so much better. It would be really sad if he did permanent damage to his body. He isn't that old, he doesn't want to feel like total crap later, its not worth it! :heart:

VintagePunk said:

I haven't seen Ruffian in ages...hasn't she been off seeing shows as well....no wait...did she go on the cruise? *confused*

Well, I remember distinctly a fan reporting from an appearance all the way back in 2001...Larry got out of the car first and actually turned back around to go help Bono out. Our poor B is old and busted too.

But he's still :drool:

bono235.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom