PLEBA girls party-one big mess!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*walks into the thread, surveys the room...sees Plebans in various states of disrepair...* :tsk:

now i'm imagining VP with one of those old fashioned strips of cloth running under her chin and tied on top of her head in a big bow, like they used to do for toothaches... :lmao:!!!!

ruffian said:
*walks into the thread, surveys the room...sees Plebans in various states of disrepair...* :tsk:

now i'm imagining VP with one of those old fashioned strips of cloth running under her chin and tied on top of her head in a big bow, like they used to do for toothaches... :lmao:!!!!

:lmao: :lmao:

I need to read!! Damn you all!! :angry:

ruffian said:

:lmao: I can so see that!

And Bright, Beet red Bri and DG, standing all stiff and perfectly still, saying 'ow ow ow ow' every time they moved or someone stirred up a breeze .... :lmao:

mwahaha--as long as i've got insomnia, NO ONE SLEEPS!!! (or reads HP) *evil cackle*

ruffian said:
mwahaha--as long as i've got insomnia, NO ONE SLEEPS!!! (or reads HP) *evil cackle*

The earliest I've been falling asleep this week is 3 am, so you'll only be stopping me from reading. I can't sleep either way. :lol:

Diane, I did :yes:. I'm on chapter 5.

Sad_Girl said:

And Bright, Beet red Bri and DG, standing all stiff and perfectly still, saying 'ow ow ow ow' every time they moved or someone stirred up a breeze .... :lmao:

:lmao: Bri trying to walk across the room: "oooo, ow, ah, ouch..." hehehehehe

Hi Diane! :wave: those pesky kids, takin' all the Harry Potter! :grumpy:

daygloeyes2 said:

:lmao: :lmao:

I need to read!! Damn you all!! :angry:

Reading is good. Reading is fundamental.

But stay here and play with us anyway, DG.

Anyone ever visit their local public library and see the American Library Association's "Read" posters of celebrities holding their favorite books? Earlier today I was asking myself, "Self, you're an ALA member. Why doesn't the ALA get Bono to pose for one of those posters? And with what book (besides The Bible or The Message) would he pose?"

everywhere I went today, people were reading Harry Potter! I went to CVS and they were selling it and the cashier was reading it, I went to the movies to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the guy who rips your tickets was reading it, and then there was a lady actually sitting behind me during the movie reading the book with a little booklight! :lmao:

jobob said:

Anyone ever visit their local public library and see the American Library Association's "Read" posters of celebrities holding their favorite books? Earlier today I was asking myself, "Self, you're an ALA member. Why doesn't the ALA get Bono to pose for one of those posters? And with what book (besides The Bible or The Message) would he pose?"

good question...i think it would have to be Sach's book, The End of Poverty....but now i'm remembering that cute book he posed with on the Zoo TV tour...the Seuss book. What was it called? "If I Lived At the Zoo?" sooooooooo cute!

Sad_Girl said:

ruffian said:

ruffian said:

:lmao: Bri trying to walk across the room: "oooo, ow, ah, ouch..." hehehehehe

:lmao:!!!!!!

ha ha.........OWWWW!!!!11!!! :angry:

:wink:

I was still posting in the old thread, an no one was there :lol:
That's such a VP thing to do.....:D

sami0201 said:

hmm good one! didn't think of that one when I read her post! I've really gotta get that book..
it's actually a great read for something written by an economist. i heard Sachs speak at a conference about 5 years ago and he's very straightforward. Most economists make me want to poke myself in the eye with a fork.

jobob said:

I would love to see Bono in one of those ads! I always hope I'll see him when I get the ALA Graphics catalogs.

My ALA membership expired (like a library card, ha ha!), and the $$$ I'd spend on renewing my membership is going to U2 tickets instead, but I'm still getting the publications!

ruffian said:

it's actually a great read for something written by an economist. i heard Sachs speak at a conference about 5 years ago and he's very straightforward. Most economists make me want to poke myself in the eye with a fork.

yeah, I'll have to check it out. I'm too busy reading my summer reading books right now:madspit:

jobob said:

I :heart: reading. Been reading since I was 4. I taught myself. Yes, can you see "nerd" is tattooed on my forehead? :lol:

I have 2 fire stories that I just remembered. I was 12 and I was re-heating some pizza in the toaster oven. When it was done, I knew it was going to be hot and I used something to get it out with. But instead of using an oven mitt, I used a paper towel for some reason. The paper towel grazed the rack of the toaster oven. :yikes: Within seconds, half the paper towel was on fire. I ran to the sink, screaming like a girly-girl and turned on the water to douse it out. :lol:

Oh, and another one. I was making rice in my microwave. Not only did I break the microwave with that one, but I burnt the bowl it was in and caused smoke to come from the microwave.

I'm quite special. :lmao:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:lmao:!!!!!!

ha ha.........OWWWW!!!!11!!! :angry:

:wink:

I was still posting in the old thread, an no one was there :lol:
That's such a VP thing to do.....:D

Hahahahah!!! It *is* such a VP thing to do--but esp. if there is drink involved.

VP, alone in the thread: "hello?? anyone??? hey! who turned out the lights??? *bumps into the wall in the darkness* owww!"

ruffian said:

good question...i think it would have to be Sach's book, The End of Poverty....but now i'm remembering that cute book he posed with on the Zoo TV tour...the Seuss book. What was it called? "If I Lived At the Zoo?" sooooooooo cute!

I so could see Bono holding The End of Poverty on a Read poster. It's his cause -- and he wrote the book's foreword.

Yes, Ruff, he posed with "If I Ran the Zoo."

~BrightestStar~ said:

I've had dreams like that! :lol:

Actually I'm getting desperate about getting to TO...

One of them involved VP meeting them at soundcheck, and out of pity, holding out her cell so I could hear them (I was sadly at home)...B confiscated the phone, heard my pathetic story, and sent a car..and..
Yes..I'm a freak :reject:

:lol: :hug:
night!

:lmao:

You'll get there!! And you know I'd do the cell thing, if I had to! :hug:

And maybe B *would* send a car... :wink:

Drea said:

I don't know, but some of us are sticking with our :adam: avatars :lol:

And that sounds like a very good plan! I'll probably be switching back to Adam the next time I see a really cute new picture of him.

BTW, check out the flickr thread in u2log about the guys at their Amsterdam hotel. Great pictures of Adam which aren't right click saveable, darn it! :rant:

jobob said:

I so could see Bono holding The End of Poverty on a Read poster. It's his cause -- and he wrote the book's foreword.

Yes, Ruff, he posed with "If I Ran the Zoo."
ah, that's it. i guess i'd rather run the zoo than live in it :wink:

ruffian said:

Like a cartoon toothache!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom