PLEBA Girls Party: No One Can Take The Place of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ooops ive gotta go gals, chris has just asked me to turn the internet off cos he cannt sleep with it on *sigh*

thats men for u! its his comp to so i cant complain! haha! ill make him a cuppa tea in the morning before he goes to work as a bribe :wink: [or ill threaten with him with me getting drunk and suggestive haha]

nite nite ill be abck sooner rather than later!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

LemonMacPhisto said:

Random weather fluctuations and birds flying everywhere :D

That's Florida for you!

< and I don't like birds for 2 reasons: Alfred Hitchcock and poop

VP and other Plebans know my bird poop story well. I was in Seattle, met Bono, he kissed me, I went back to the GA. VP called me and I was all yelling and screaming and happy and then a seagull pooped all over me. It was SO MUCH poop that I actually thought someone had thrown a pie at me :yikes: Fortunately there was a fountain nearby and I was able to get the poop off before the GA line went in.

:tsk:

that's what I get for thinkin' I was all important.

circa1992 said:

Lucky :madspit It snowed today :grumpy

That'll teach you to have the day off :tongue:

Sad_Girl said:
I hate my ISP!!! :banghead:

I can't keep up, and I tried to start the new thread and my computer froze on me :sad

:( :hug: :(

ruffian said:

VP and other Plebans know my bird poop story well. I was in Seattle, met Bono, he kissed me, I went back to the GA. VP called me and I was all yelling and screaming and happy and then a seagull pooped all over me. It was SO MUCH poop that I actually thought someone had thrown a pie at me :yikes: Fortunately there was a fountain nearby and I was able to get the poop off before the GA line went in.

:lmao: :love:

ruffian said:

:lol:, maybe it was an omen

or the universe balancing out the awesomeness of meeting Bono. Because you met the coolest person alive you had to have a bird drop a load on your shoulder.

It's quantum physics :shrug::wink:

ruffian said:

:lmao: Nature has a way of teaching humility. :wink:

That was the first time we ever talked! :heart:

VintagePunk said:
Bri:

Gross National Product is the total value of final goods and services produced in a year by a country's nationals (including profits from capital held abroad).

Gross Domestic Product is the total value of final goods and services produced within a country's borders in a year.

*points*
:nerd:

ruffian said:

i decided on Hawaii because lots of my friends were going, which meant that NZ was totally out--but a friend gave me his frequent flyer miles so I am going to be able to go. Yay!

Not very cold here lately either--very odd winter. Only a little slow, lots of days in the 50's. I'm not questioning it. It beats having a $500 heating bill.

So you ARE going to NZ too? Fantastic!!! Hawaii WILL be too much fun. I've pulled up tickets for it on Ticketmaster, but the airfare from the East Coast, plus lodging and transportation once there, makes it too pricey. But I'm glad you're getting to go!

The warm weather has been wonderful for heating costs, I agree. My landlady said it has gone up, but because the weather has been so warm, it hasn't been nearly as bad as it could have been.

VintagePunk said:

:lmao: Nature has a way of teaching humility. :wink:

That was the first time we ever talked! :heart:

awwwww :cute:

it was! i couldn't believe it was you!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

pattip2000 said:

did you say yours is on 2/7?

we could have some leading up to the 12th

like Diane's b-day one, yours on the 11th, and ones on the 8th, 9th, and 10th

because I'm greedy :rubshandstogethersecretly:

pattip2000 said:

How do you listen to that, I’ve tried to get it, but I must not be smart enough?

Through the Podcast directory in iTunes.
Click on Podcast, and search for U2 in the Search box.

(I'm a trained librarian, so I sorta know this stuff.)

LemonMacPhisto said:

:lol:, maybe it was an omen

or the universe balancing out the awesomeness of meeting Bono. Because you met the coolest person alive you had to have a bird drop a load on your shoulder.

It's quantum physics :shrug::wink:

oh, i was convinced it was poetic justice :up:

Sami/Jobob, whoever posted... Answer Guy is a buddy of mine--he is the coolest! And he's a geography teacher :drool:

This thread's moving fast tonight :) It's been so slow lately, I'm :happy: that people are here

Last edited:
ruffian said:

awwwww :cute:

it was! i couldn't believe it was you!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

It was probably a bigger thrill than the whole Bono thing. :lol:

Speaking of shared experiences, earlier, Wild alluded to mine and Alli's Chicago adventure. :lmao: Sami had never heard of it, so I sent her the story. I still laugh uncontrolably when I think of my dorkiness. :reject:

Sorry- I was showing my dad U2&i :love:

and asking him about Dublin :lol: and he said why would we go if U2 would probably be in France anyway :grumpy: That's not the only reason I want to go! :laugh:

I'm half watching 24 and half studying for chem :yikes:

VintagePunk said:

Speaking of shared experiences, earlier, Wild alluded to mine and Alli's Chicago adventure. :lmao: Sami had never heard of it, so I sent her the story. I still laugh uncontrolably when I think of my dorkiness. :reject:

:lmao: soooooo funny. last time i was on that terrace I thought of you both... sheesh, we can dress you up but can't take you anywhere!

ruffian said:

Two words come to mind, Ruff: Holy shit.

:giggle:

LemonMacPhisto said:

we could have some leading up to the 12th

like Diane's b-day one, yours on the 11th, and ones on the 8th, 9th, and 10th

because I'm greedy :rubshandstogethersecretly:

i'm greedy too. Just wondering how that conversation would go with my friends ‘sorry I can’t go out for my birthday because U2 has a concert tonight……’ “are going to it?’ ‘well no but……’ I don’t think it’d go over well

jobob said:

Through the Podcast directory in iTunes.
Click on Podcast, and search for U2 in the Search box.

(I'm a trained librarian, so I sorta know this stuff.)

thank you, i'm trying that now

pattip2000 said:

i'm greedy too. Just wondering how that conversation would go with my friends ‘sorry I can’t go out for my birthday because U2 has a concert tonight……’ “are going to it?’ ‘well no but……’ I don’t think it’d go over well

hahaha, that's true

those "Normies" just don't understand :tsk:

jobob said:

Two words come to mind, Ruff: Holy shit.

:giggle:
:lmao: oh, and it was a LOT of bird shit. thankfully there were some young lads nearby with tissues--and i practically dunked my whole body in the fountain...

ah, the lovely adventures we've had at shows. i don't remember the kiss as much as i remember the poop :(

VintagePunk said:

:lmao: I loved it :lol: :love:

Back
Top Bottom