PLEBA Girls Party: New Year, old friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dazzledbylight said:

well i think the kind of woman who thinks of abortion is a small group and that i'd find horrible.

But there is not fool proff contreception yet---except geting a vastcetomy or your tubes tied.

I've lived through TOO much of my parentds and sis having too mant surgies to have ANY surgery [other that tooth related} unless it was ABSOULUTELY neccessary! :yikes: :yikes:

Otherwise all other contraceptionmethods have some small percent5age of fsailure [some have sa higfher rate]

So then that thinking would prevednt me from experrinces at least one Major sev act then............ not too many men out there that would be just satisfieed with fancy hand work :wink: or oral sex alone all the rtime.

That denys my my ful himan eright of sexuality..........most religions have always ben afrisad of women's sexuality.

and like one line goes...... "if MEN got PREGNANT.it'd be a Sacrement" OR at least Quite allowed............

omg don't even get me started on contraception! all the contraceptives out there are pretty much putting the blame on the woman. it's like "oh, it's your fault that pregnancy happens, so lets fuck with your body so it doesn't happen and we men can just do whatever we want. yay!!!" :angry: how about "wow, the female body is so complex, mysterious, and beautiful. lets embrace it and learn to understand it" instead of friggin screwing it up! meanwhile men can just aim and shoot anywhere they want.

redhotswami said:

thats part of why i don't understand why it is a federal issue.

and i don't judge anyone whether they are pro-choice or anti-abortion. so no worries :hug:

my platform is pro-love. :heart: so no room for judging.

OK :hug:

the reason it is a federal issue is for many woman even if they do their best NOT to g et pregnant.........in some states ESP as the Pro-life" part of the movement that gets violenrt & violenter! :mad: :mad:

having Gyn/Obs give up or students not learn proper abortion techniques............

they are WHOLE parts of STAES whre there is NO docotr who performs them.
SDO poor women, womaen on FIXED incomes CAN't sometimes GET them because it costs too much for them to gwet them!

dazzledbylight said:

the reason it is a federal issue is for many woman even if they do their best NOT to g et pregnant.........in some states ESP as the Pro-life" part of the movement that gets violenrt & violenter! :mad: :mad:

having Gyn/Obs give up or students not learn proper abortion techniques............

SDO poor women, womaen on FIXED incomes CAN't sometimes GET them because it costs too much for them to gwet them!

:hmm: i never thought of that. i was concerned with it being a federal issue because the idea of having that much control over my body and my (potential) family scares me.

dazzledbylight said:
I'm sorry for my BAD typing...i'm geting tired and this area of the cafe tjhe monitors are NOT adjustavble so I cvan't bring it closer so i can see more and beter
And yes I AM at the highest text sixe :grumpy:

:wink:

i still understand what you're saying, no worries :)

redhotswami said:

omg don't even get me started on contraception! all the contraceptives out there are pretty much putting the blame on the woman. it's like "oh, it's your fault that pregnancy happens, so lets fuck with your body so it doesn't happen and we men can just do whatever we want. yay!!!" :angry: how about "wow, the female body is so complex, mysterious, and beautiful. lets embrace it and learn to understand it" instead of friggin screwing it up! meanwhile men can just aim and shoot anywhere they want.

Exactly!! :up: And I know that you and others here are christians...but that's one of my HUGE problems with it. In pagan times, the woman was revered, exalted, even...but that wouldn't do with Christianity, a male-dominated religion...they had to make the female and all she stands for profane.

Complete bullshit, I say. :|

This is why I :heart: you guys - here we are discussing two of the most divisive issues currently in society...

...and it's being done civilly, with respect and without arguments or namecalling :heart: :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Exactly!! :up: And I know that you and others here are christians...but that's one of my HUGE problems with it. In pagan times, the woman was revered, exalted, even...but that wouldn't do with Christianity, a male-dominated religion...they had to make the female and all she stands for profane.

I say we break away from society at large, and build our Matriarchal Pleban society :hyper:

VintagePunk said:

Sorry, I hope this wasn't too offensive to Christians. :reject: I just feel really strongly about it... of course, you're all entitled to your beliefs. They're as valid as mine. :)

VintagePunk said:
I'm doing pretty well, thank. hug: Earlier today I was moving furniture at my mom's old place, and split my finger apart again, but I didn't even notice at the time. :huh: Seems to be fine now, though. :up: thanks for asking.

I"m a little :drunk:

:shh :shifty:

kiss:

VP :hug: sorry i didn't say hello helo earlier!

hope your finger heals soon!

when i was 5 and we were on vacation in Florida.......... I was playing elevator in my parent's freind house and i was in the closet and tyheir kid was outsdie and i suddenly sauid "STOPP" as they were closing the closet door sagain.and :der: put my hand out & then split thew tioip of my ritght middle finger wide open.

it :yikes: didn't start spurting blod there was this globby mass of r4ed.

Luckily the husband was a DOCTOR!!!
no stitches but i st5ill have the scar.

dazzledbylight said:

thank you for making that point, Dazz - unfortunately health care HAS to b a government issue, and I think that is too easily forgotten :yes:

VintagePunk said:

Sorry, I hope this wasn't too offensive to Christians. :reject: I just feel really strongly about it... of course, you're all entitled to your beliefs. They're as valid as mine. :)

again, you aren't really talking about Christianity at it's core; you're addressing one of the major faults of the church which was built by men around the religion.

redhotswami said:
SG I think I know what you are saying. Most pro-lifers just scream "ABORTION IS MURDER" without consideration of other people. They have so much compassion for the fetus they never saw, but often times treat the women like absolute dirt.

Is that what you meant?

Once i was working Temp at a kidney Center......dialysis .in the east 30's in Manhatan.

there was a full service women's cewnter eith below or above us.
Every day.i had to walk by the pro-lifers scowliong occasionaly yely holding up phots of fetuses/ etc

VintagePunk said:

Actually, I learned about that perspective from my church of all places! I was stunned myself. But yeah, the friars I was talking to, we were all discussing...I don't remember what, but the topic of contraception came up. And they referenced the catechism and said that using contraceptives was another form of sexism, and not letting the woman fully embrace themselves. Which...coming from a friar, I was really surprised.

While, I respect their decisions, most of my friends are using these chemicals that alter their weight, mess with their emotions, and have all sorts of other side effects, just so they can have sex with their partners. I asked "so what is he doing?" and of course, the response was nothing. So, naturally, I got on my feminist soapbox and naturally they put their fingers in their ears.

dazzledbylight said:

VP :hug: sorry i didn't say hello helo earlier!

hope your finger heals soon!

when i was 5 and we were on vacation in Florida.......... I was playing elevator in my parent's freind house and i was in the closet and tyheir kid was outsdie and i suddenly sauid "STOPP" as they were closing the closet door sagain.and :der: put my hand out & then split thew tioip of my ritght middle finger wide open.

it :yikes: didn't start spurting blod there was this globby mass of r4ed.

Luckily the husband was a DOCTOR!!!
no stitches but i st5ill have the scar.

:yikes:

Mine isn't nearly that bad, I'm just being a huge wimp about it. :wink: That, and now I can blame some of the typos on the bandage as opposed to the rum. :wink:

Drea said:
This is why I :heart: you guys - here we are discussing two of the most divisive issues currently in society...

...and it's being done civilly, with respect and without arguments or namecalling :heart: :hug:

I'm feeling kinda :|ish to throw a catfight anyways Drea....and plus I like having the chance to have a serious talk with you guys :hug: :love:

VP - I'm not offended...I'm Catholic and I hate how my religion talks about things like abortion...it's like one of you guys said earlier...I feel like they are screaming "ABORTION IS MURDER! BE PRO-LIFE OR ELSE!!!!!"

Drea said:

*g* Turned out really well - can't tell you how glad I am to be done with it, and how many times already I've sworn NEVER to do anything that big in that pattern again! :lol:

Mom loves it and Dad really likes it too :)

:giggle:

and :aplaud:

SO glad tthey loved it!

how bout going for a smal throw bedspread one that fits like half or aa third of the bed..like and extras foot -armer

i axctaully like shoter.smaller throws/blankets b/c soimetimes some part of my body gets colder than other parts that way it's esasier to adjust instead of having to smush a ful size bed spread/comfoter/throw!

dazzledbylight said:

Once i was working Temp at a kidney Center......dialysis .in the east 30's in Manhatan.

there was a full service women's cewnter eith below or above us.
Every day.i had to walk by the pro-lifers scowliong occasionaly yely holding up phots of fetuses/ etc

:angry: next time you have to deal with that, point them to the direction of the nearest homeless person and tell them to go be pro-post-birth-life.

Back
Top Bottom